Outrun Online Arcade (360/PS3)

D

DagsJT

outrun.jpg

Outrun Online Arcade out next week!

http://kotaku.com/5171956/outrun-online-arcade-gallery-races-by

Whatever pad feels the most comfortable in your hand! Any word on pricing yet? If it's 800 points that'll be around £6.40 or less so could well be cheaper on the XB.

Whatever pad feels the most comfortable in your hand! Any word on pricing yet? If it's 800 points that'll be around £6.40 or less so could well be cheaper on the XB.

Prob prefer the 360 pad for racers, use the G25 for the PS3 racers.

360 for me I think. More friends online and the better online party system.

Despite being largely overlooked in favour of louder, faster games, Sumo's OutRun 2 was one of the most joyous racing experiences of the last hardware generation. And next week, it arrives on the current generation.

Sega have announced that OutRun Online Arcade will be released on Xbox Live Arcade next Wednesday, April 15. In case you've forgotten, sorry, PlayStation 3 owners, in North America it's an Xbox 360 exclusive.

In Europe, though, it's another matter, and the game will be out on the PlayStation Network next Thursday, April 16 (of course, in Europe it's out on 360 next week as well).

800 MS points apparantly, bargain!

800 MS points apparantly, bargain!

Coool... will get that on 360 me thinks.

Weird how they wont release it on PS3 in NA, but will in Europe? Crazy decision, they must be missing out on massive revenue and the fact people can get DLC from other countries willy-nilly makes it all a bit silly...

Just got this on 360 - great fun - well worth 800pts.

Had to get on quick to get some Leaderboard glory before I cannot get anywhere near it... 114th on the 'B' course :LOL:

Hope some others get this and we can try out the Online mode.

Highly recommended anyway!

Just posted on the OGC forum, the lack of friend scores and ranked online races is disappointing but I might pick it up anyway as these can be patched in :)

From Eurogamer:

With separate leaderboards for each of the five goals in each of the three modes (plus the 15-track continuous course), hunting down good results on all of them could easily become as great a long-term goal as Coast 2 Coast or Xbox OutRun 2 ever proposed. We only wish the implementation and integration of the online leaderboards was better; the focus on the local scoreboard after your race is one way in which OutRun Online Arcade really didn't need to be faithful to the arcade game, and going to hunt down your performance in the separate leaderboard section is a chore. Geometry Wars 2 is still the only game to recognise that the friends list is the local scoreboard of the 21st century; it's a shame its lessons haven't been learned here.

I read that as it doesn't have a seperate friend scoreboard?

Edit: Just read the review comments and they said the review is wrong and you can press Y twice to show friends. Well, it's a buy for me then :)

Fancy a race tonight PBB? (If my broadband works that is). Anyone else getting it on the 360?

Last edited by a moderator:
From Eurogamer:

I read that as it doesn't have a seperate friend scoreboard?

Edit: Just read the review comments and they said the review is wrong and you can press Y twice to show friends. Well, it's a buy for me then :)

Fancy a race tonight PBB? (If my broadband works that is). Anyone else getting it on the 360?

Cool - glad I'm not going mental! :LOL:

Yea, I should definitely be on tonight...

Oh another thing I dont think you could do in the old Outrun games, is multiple views? There is the arcade view, bonnet view and bumper view.

I'll have to test to see if it works with the MS Wheel...

Bought, looking forward to having abit of a blast on it later.

I don't know how this game ended on my hard drive because I never planned to buy this and 2 days ago I found it inside my games :SHOCK:.

But I love it. I finally manage to get 1 million points. Every race is a new challenge, I'm not bored.

Back
Top Bottom