1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Option Files for PES6 (360) or "How will they work?"

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer - PC, PS2, PSP, Wii, DS' started by Himawari, 25 August 2006.

1. Himawari

Himawari Far from home

3 March 2006
    Philly, PA
    A.S. Roma
    This topic is exactly as the Title says. The game's release is soon aproaching, and I was wondering, does anyone have an idea how the distrobution of modified Options Files will be handled in the fan community? Files that are stored on the 360's Hard Drive or Memory Unit are "property" of the GamerTag whom created it. While some games DO support the swapping of saves, you are un-able to get Gamerpoints.

Is there a way of hoaxing the save while on a PC hard-drive? I do assume that one will need a tool such as the SATA kit or a Memory Card transfer kit (as you will need to access the file, duh).

There is one other possibilty that I can think of for this release. A
    "Profile" being a seperate save from the Options File. The profile having ownership, while the optionfile is just a file that it calls upon for rosters and such. What is the possibilty of Konami doing this?

I think Konami IS well aware that these modifications do exist, and thus is the reason for the all-mighty optinos file. what does the PES community say? :D

2. danhammer

danhammer Champions League

23 February 2004
    i think youv'e pretty much said it all mate to be honest

i will buy xsata (like max drive) as this will be the easiest way of transferring option files

3. djdoc

djdoc Guest

Datels XSATA is the answer, this will become more popular especially after PES comes out and people start making them great option files.

DJ

4. grechzoo

grechzoo Conference

15 July 2004
    north wales (uk)
    yeah i will be saving up extra knowing i will def want the xsata.
    pes improves ten fold with a good OF

5. Noaxx

Noaxx League 2

18 October 2003
  6. APX

APX FIN

8 July 2005
    Suomi Finland
  7. Noaxx

Noaxx League 2

18 October 2003
    Yes I thought the same, I think it's worth it! :)

8. Himawari

Himawari Far from home

3 March 2006
    Philly, PA
    A.S. Roma
    I guess my question was more, how will we work around the protection system on the 360 :/ not how we will transfer them. After thinking, would it be possible to release something that inserts the corrected data into a save that you have moved to your PC? So that you still are in ownership of said file?

9. bluemonkeymagic

bluemonkeymagic League 1

27 April 2003
    Birmingham
    its just like a normal game save no protection issues, dont worry!

10. STG

STG League 1

1 September 2005

*nods* useful for more than just this game too. :applause:

11. Noaxx

Noaxx League 2

18 October 2003
    Sorry mate!

12. STG

STG League 1

1 September 2005
    Don't be, I (and clearly others) never knew the thing existed! lol

13. djdoc

djdoc Guest

Some people worry too much :) the XSATA does all the hard work so we dont have to.

DJ

14. STG

STG League 1

1 September 2005
    That sounds like a quote from an advert. lol

15. danhammer

23 February 2004
    so does this xbox360 transferer work exactly the same as the Xsata? why is it so much cheaper?

Last edited: 27 August 2006
  16. STG

STG League 1

1 September 2005
    No idea, and because there's no memory card supplied with it. Unlike on the old console where a memory card was supplied with the save devices.

17. danhammer

23 February 2004
    looks like the Xsata will be cheaper then

cos on codejunkies.com if you buy that transfer cable then you need to buy a memory card with it...about £70 in total

18. STG

STG League 1

1 September 2005
  19. danhammer

23 February 2004
    perhaps i got it wrong

so iv'e already got an xbox 360 memory card so all i need now is the transfer kit?

20. vialli82

vialli82 League 1

4 September 2005
    Juventus
    With Xboxlive i think you can download many things (like pes6 option file for example)

21. grechzoo

grechzoo Conference

15 July 2004
    north wales (uk)
    yeah but they wont release an OF officially on live as thats breaking the licsencing law.

but the xsata is £30 on play.com

with this transfer kit and mem card, it works almost the same, except xsata guarenteed to work

xsata is the best coice in my opinion.

hope the editing mode on pes6 allows for more logo slots. that will make it easy to replicate every kit almost perfectly.

22. bally2006

bally2006 Guest

so if i get XSATA i wont need anythink else for the Option files ?

23. djdoc

djdoc Guest

XSATA plus your XBOX 360 and hard drive and of course a PC to transfer the option file over from.

DJ

24. Deemo24

Deemo24 Guest

This may sound like a stupid question, but i've done some research on the Xsata. It seems that the idea is that the 360 and the PC can have access to the hard drive. Does that mean that the Xsata has to be connected to the 360 all the time? Because my PC and 360 are separate, and it would be a hassle to set it up near my computer everytime i want to transfer a file.

In my mind it would work that you have the Xsata connected to the PC as like a 'dock' and then you can pop off the 360 hard drive and 'dock' it when you want to add files.

25. djdoc

djdoc Guest

It would only need to be connected when you want to transfer stuff to and from the PC, other than that you can leave the cable unplugged and use ur 360 as normal but having said that it draws power from the 360 to run the HDD, the USB cable just deals with the file transfers.

DJ

26. bluemonkeymagic

bluemonkeymagic League 1

27 April 2003
    Birmingham
    the xsata needs to be on the 360 to transfer files im afraid mate

27. bally2006

bally2006 Guest

so your xbox360 has to be by your pc. My xbox360 is downstairs and me pc is upstairs. Can you use the xbox transfere kit and the portable memory?

28. djdoc

djdoc Guest

I think so provided you can copy game saves across to your Memory Unit and you can see them using Xplorer360.

DJ

29. jonboyo

jonboyo Premiership

19 December 2002
  30. djdoc

djdoc Guest

Wonder if it will be compatible with the Utility Xplorer 360 which is used to interrogate whats on the 360 Hard Drive?

DJ