1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Opening ports when NOT on a router?

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer' started by russellclow, 24 October 2005.

1. russellclow

russellclow Conference

23 September 2004
    Is it possible?

I have PES5, want to get in on the net. did all the network adapter stuff, tested it and everything works fine, he diagnostic test said no problems. When I go to playing PES5 online, it gets stuck on the "verifying "DNAS"" bit, and then says A DNAS Error (-402). Im guessing this is due to the ports, as I can get on the Network Access disks online central thing.

Every thread/internet site mentions about opening port 5730, but I dont have a router. I have 3 PC's, with the modem connected to one main PC and the other PC's linked to it via HUB and ethernet cables and then internet connection shared. I put the PS2 thru the HUB, and as I said, it recognises the connection, but won't connect to PES5's DNAS. I also have Norton Internet Security running on the main PC, which I disabled.

Any Ideas? I know theres alot of online threads etc, but I did do a search and didn't find the answer :/

Appreciate the help

Russ

2. JayM

JayM International

17 April 2004
    North Yorkshire
    Celtic
    Have you got a modded PS2? If so turn off your chip if not then I don't think it's possible to open ports when you don't have a router.

Are you sure your modem is not a router too?

3. russellclow

russellclow Conference

23 September 2004
    Don't have a chipped PS2 no.

Urm, Im not sure about modem being a router. I have Telewest Blueyonder Broadband.

4. JayM

JayM International

17 April 2004
    North Yorkshire
    Celtic
    Error -402:

-402 sceDNAS2_SS_INVALID_MEDIA
    Invalid disc. "DNAS Error (-402) A PS2 disc information error has occurred."

Don't think it's a port problem..

5. RAISH

RAISH I WRITE THE BOOK

19 June 2004
    are u using windows xp firewall aswell?

6. russellclow

russellclow Conference

23 September 2004

What could the problem be if its not ports? I was a bit perplexed when that came up 2. Rekon my patched version copied wrong? :o Might have to try it with my original retail version and see if it says the same.

Not AFAIK :/

7. JayM

JayM International

17 April 2004
    North Yorkshire
    Celtic
    I would reccomend using the original disk, yes.