Online play

arjen-robben

League 2
22 December 2005
ok after about 200 games I'm fed up with the way pes handles online play.

Ok it's an improvement that both players host a half allways this time. But it still doesn't fix one huge problem. The oldest problem of online gaming, lag.

You can fix a bit with a little lag. But sometimes you meet such big laggers, you immediately know you will lose. And ofcourse they don't have lag with your "half" because you're connection is so goddamn good. It annoys me very much. How is it possible you can play shooters with 64 people (battlefield/cod), mmorpg's with even hundreds, without big lag, and yet, in PES5 you can run into ENORMOUS lag...

Konami really MUST improve this, as now I'm closer to breaking my PES5 CD and play FIFA 06 out of pure desperation for a GOOD online game than hoping for another decent game without much lag.

arjen-robben said:
How is it possible you can play shooters with 64 people (battlefield/cod), mmorpg's with even hundreds, without big lag, and yet, in PES5 you can run into ENORMOUS lag...
Because online shooters use dedicated servers which have massive upload speeds. With PES it's the players who host so it's dependent on their upload speed.

FIFA 06 online is awful dude. I´m sick of this kind of posts. I have no lag playing PES 5 online at PS2, PC is laggy as I heard. However I can tell you that FIFA 06 online mode is even worse then PES 4 online... All the FIFA gamers are pissed off this year. I played a few games too and the game was always slow motion online.

Back
Top Bottom