Online Gaming: Good or Bad?

What do you think of online gaming?

• [It's Great] I play online as soon as I get a game

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • [It's Alright] I play the single-player game and online shortly after

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • [I Dread It] I finish the single-player game first and only then do I go online

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • [I Hate It] I'd rather not play the online modes in most games

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • [I Don't Know] My console isn't online yet

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
My online gaming experiences have been very hit and miss over the years, more oft then not I don't play games online for the kind of reasons Bauer listed above.

About twice in the last 5 years I've been lucky enough to take part in online leagues for WE2002 (emulated) and then PES6 (PC) where they had a good honest bunch of lads and everything was fair.

If PES '09 isn't a laggy pile of turd I'll be hoping for more online league shenanigans.

Shite, we was in a league years ago werent we? Was that the WE2002 league emulated on PS1?

If so, I remember booting you up in the air with my 'keeper :)

You getting PES this year then? Hope we can finally get some games in as I dont think we've had any sort of PS3 match yet?

Shite, we was in a league years ago werent we? Was that the WE2002 league emulated on PS1?

If so, I remember booting you up in the air with my 'keeper :)

You getting PES this year then? Hope we can finally get some games in as I dont think we've had any sort of PS3 match yet?

Yep it was We2002 on PS1 emulator, and it still played online smoother than Pes08 :LOL: I recall I used to beat you quite a bit when you weren't hacking me to shreds :-pp

Pre-Ordered '09 from Shopto for 32.99 so all being well I will have it on the 17th.

Yep it was We2002 on PS1 emulator, and it still played online smoother than Pes08 :LOL: I recall I used to beat you quite a bit when you weren't hacking me to shreds :-pp

Pre-Ordered '09 from Shopto for 32.99 so all being well I will have it on the 17th.

Yea, I think you did! I've never been good at anything online - join us for Wipeout and you will see :LOL:

The most fun I've ever had online with a game was Return To Castle Wolfenstein (pc). I had no friends on that game or clan... I just played for fun and the maps and classes and modes were so balanced and fun I could still play that game today and love it. I can only dream of how much more fun that game would have been with friends to laugh and joke with.

When I played COD 1 & 2 (pc) with friends online it gave me a good idea. Especially having teamspeak to help each other out or laugh at someone's misfortune. I'm pretty sure without friends online I would have got bored of the SP game within a week or so and online would have been a no go area with all of the hackers. Playing with friends on our own server meant we knew what was going on and could only play with people we trusted which appealed to other people and meant we were hardly ever in small games of 3 vs 3 or less.

Now I've got used to friend only games - they're all I try to play online. I don't have as much fun playing with no friends online now - I think it's the feeling that they're out for themselves - playing BF Bad Company was great fun or a long time while the players were playing as a team and the elites and morons hadn't found their way in yet. But then as soon as the summer holidays hit the servers were full of snipers, full of spawn campers and full of team killers... I lost interest as it just wasn't as fun anymore.

I'd much prefer a game with only 5 friends who are having fun the whole time online than a game with 50 strangers who I MIGHT end up having a fun game with but there's a good chance that 20+ of them are team killers or morons or stat whores.

It's okay, I love playing CoD4, but I'm shit at it online :( I always come last, which gets annoying lol. Same with Halo 3, fun but I'm always last.

But football online is just great, playing CPU is soo rubbish I find and annoying! So online is great for that, like FIFA08/09. I don't care too much for rankings (I don't even understand the FIFA system :p) but I do like to have more wins than losses :LOL:

Normally I go on Single Player get bored then i go online if there's nothing to do on the single player then i just go online

Back
Top Bottom