1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Online Error - "Unable To Register" Please Help!

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer' started by MonkeyJug, 20 October 2005.

1. MonkeyJug

MonkeyJug Guest

when i try and register my user id, it says 'unable to register'

everything else works fine. the dnas check is ok and it says connected on my router homepage.

i have forwarded all ports, udp and tcp and tried both automatic and manual port assignment within the game, but it just will not allow me to get past the user registration screen!

please, for the love of god, someone help me on this!!!

i have the minimum of 8 characters so that's not it either...

and i have set the ip address of my ps2 (192.168.0.4) to receive and send out ports...

i'm stumped!

2. MonkeyJug

MonkeyJug Guest

btw, i have a netgear DG834G router

3. MonkeyJug

MonkeyJug Guest

i can get past the dnas scree, and then the 'testing network environment' screen.

also, i can connect to central station fine, too...

4. MonkeyJug

MonkeyJug Guest

i don't suppose someone could post or pm me their login details so i can see if they work from here?

you can always change your password again...

thanks! :(

5. uk_stanners

uk_stanners Conference

3 October 2003
    N.Ireland
    i dunno, sorry, i havent got it, but anyone with the wonderful healy picture deserves help :)

6. If you've put a chip in your ps2 you can't play online

7. MonkeyJug

MonkeyJug Guest

its not chipped...

8. MonkeyJug

MonkeyJug Guest

blackwallstreet - i tried a different ps2 and it worked! i have been pulling my hair out since 3pm this afternoon, flashing my router's firmware and shit like that...

thanks dude - looks like there might have been a chip in my ps2 once, but it was removed. still must be some remnants hanging about somewhere...

:)

9. Carl

Carl Ban Master Staff

27 December 2001
    N.I.
    West Ham United FC
    ](*,) #-o ;)

10. Ferraritim

Ferraritim Championship

5 November 2001
    Highbury
    Arsenal
    Well, you can go online with a chip. You just need the original game.

11. unbornchikkenvoices

unbornchikkenvoices League 2

21 April 2002
    Mine gets stuck on the 'Testing network enviroment' screen it just keeps flashing and nothing happens, let it run for 30mins and it was still flashing!!!

anyone else had this?? it gets past the DNAS screen and I have played fifa06 online just a couple of days ago.

hope someone can help!

12. Ferraritim

Ferraritim Championship

5 November 2001
    Highbury
    Arsenal
    Open port 5730(UDP) in your router.

13. unbornchikkenvoices

21 April 2002
    how do you do that??

I went into port settings after gettng past the dnas test and auto selected and changed the UPD port number to the one you said but it failed.

doing anything wrong??

cheers

Last edited: 20 October 2005
  14. MonkeyJug

MonkeyJug Guest

which router do you have?

15. unbornchikkenvoices

21 April 2002
    'BT voyager 205 adsl router'

cheers

16. MonkeyJug

MonkeyJug Guest

17. MonkeyJug

MonkeyJug Guest

the two bottom right hand boxes, which both read 0 is where you need to enter 5730...

18. unbornchikkenvoices

21 April 2002
    Cheers mate ill give it a go

but why is it so hard to get online with this game? every other game I have tried has connected no problem..

thanks again

19. MonkeyJug

MonkeyJug Guest

dunno, but expect to be disappointed!

20. unbornchikkenvoices

21 April 2002

sorry last question

2 bottom right had boxes where?

sorry if I sound stupid

cheers again mate

21. MonkeyJug

MonkeyJug Guest

on the bottom diagram on that guide, destination port and local port

22. unbornchikkenvoices

21 April 2002
    done all that doesnt seem to work. ohwell!!!!!

one thing I noticed was I only found 1 DNS server number and no backup number. maybe this is my downfall

23. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Non-League

11 August 2003
    Hants, England , UK
    Man Utd
    most routers are act as the dns server, the Router the relays the DNS requests to the actual servers. To make it work you'll need to make your PS2's ip address static and make sure port 5730 is mapped/forwared in UDP mode to that ip address.

24. Hydson

Hydson Non-League

2 June 2005
    Vantaa, Finland
    Club Atletico de Madrid
    vr6_highline, I have the same problem (unable to register). I have a mod chipped ps2.
    You wrote that you got it registered with a different ps2, but can you play it with your previously chipped ps2, or do you have to use the different ps2 with no chip to play online?
    Meaning that can I just register my user-id with friend's ps2 and play with my chipped ps2, or do I basically have to buy a new ps2 and play online with it?:shock:

25. MonkeyJug

MonkeyJug Guest

i didn't try my ps2 again, once i got it working - i'll do that this afternoon and let you know...

26. Hydson

Hydson Non-League

2 June 2005
    Vantaa, Finland
    Club Atletico de Madrid
    Thanks, I really hope it works.

27. blueeye

blueeye Guest

Mine said this but like a fuse and plug did you make sure your username and password was 8 letters/numbers long.

28. fishcake

fishcake Premiership

1 January 2003
    L4
    i'm having the same problem, tried with both the original disc and one that i've patched with kits and stuff aswell as the disc id, both connect to the network and pass the dnas check ok, i just get "unable to register" when i submit my details

i've got a messiah 1 chip installed which hasn't caused me any problems in the past including the pes5 online beta trials, also i changed my console id so i could play imports online, this has worked with all pal games and any imports i've tried, anyway i set the id back to default and made a new network connection but still have the same problem

i connect my ps2 directly to my cable modem so there's no router or firewall blocking it

29. brownvim

brownvim Non-League

22 July 2005
    i had to take the HD out of my ps2 to make online work... but i got a different error message saying "user ID is already in use" eveytime i put in a name to register...