Online: 50hz vs 60hz

Ferraritim

Championship
5 November 2001
Highbury
Arsenal
Well, first I played in 60hz. There was lots of slowdown. Even when I hosted against a countryman with a great connection.

Then I tried 50hz, and everything is running smooth now :shock: (Except for the lag playing against people far away with a bad connection, like Spaniards)

Am I the only one having troubles in 60hz? One thing is for sure, I will play in 50hz from now on.

Choosing 50hz or 60hz will not affect online performance. It's like saying my monitors refresh rate at 100hz makes games more laggy.

When you was playing the game in 60hz, obviously the person you was playing against had a worse connection.

It happened in all games.

But let me play on 60hz now against the same person I played on 50hz against (lagless).

what your experiencing is that the ps2 in 60hz has slowdown when in the box, NOT LAG you may also be experiencing lag also on top of it.

50hz is better because the ps2 has more to do in 60hz to make the graphic slighter smoother thus when far to many players are in an area the ps2 slows down slighty.

You will definitely get lag in 50hz mode wheather you liked it or not, but not so much slowdown.

what happens when u play online with a different setting from ur opponent?

i ALWAYS play my games on 60hz, BUT there is too much slowdown when playing online with pro evo 5's 60hz mode. this game needs to be played in 50hz mode because of the slowdown...

How exactly do you choose 50hz when playing online? I've chosen 50hz from the startup screen but the online side still defaults to 60hz...

Back
Top Bottom