Olympique Lyonnais Thread

Re: Olympique Lyonnais Thread (STOLEN)

ThomasGOAL said:
Désolé Gerd, je veux juste defendre la cause de Lyon a cause d'un arbitrage plus que douteux, biensur le PSV a mieux jouer, mais c'est normal puisque Lyon a marquer tres rapidement, donc obliger de defendre, regarde bien le jeu de Lyon une fois que le PSV a marquer c'est Lyon qui avait la main sur le match (et a l'aller Lyon a archi dominer et c'est pris un but sur la seule frappe cadré du match pour le PSV venu sur un contre favorable) et dire que l'equipe est arrogante alors qu'un seul joueur (Ben Arfa) a voulu trop en faire (je suis entierment ok avec toi) mais pas l'equipe.
Et l'abitrage tout le monde a vu le Penalty dans le stade meme les supporters du PSV, il y a juste a ecouter le silence !
Et l'action du coup franc pour l'égalisation des hollandais, l arbitre n a pas sifflé il replace le mur Lyonnais !!!

ça fait vraiment beaucoup !

Voila, j'ai juste donné mon point de vu, et j'ai vraiment un doute a votre propos, avez vous vu le match en complet ? car generalement vos commentaires son generalement assez vrai, mais là...

PS; sans parler des simulation de Park et surtout Van Bommel, on donne un jaune pour une simulation ! pas Nielsen, lui il laisse jouer.

Care to translate to the English for those ignorant enough not to speak French?

I haven't seen the whole second match Thomas, i saw the prolongations and a summary of the first 90 minutes.
I have seen the whole first match, and i wasn't particular impressed by Lyon (who are by far my favourite team in this years CL, it's their football i prefer).
I maybe shouldn't have said "arrogant" but i have the distinct impression that they seriously underestimated PSV.
What i wanted to say is that yes it was penalty (no doubt about that), but they still had a second chance in the penalties...so it's not the ref who is to blame...it is Lyon. Maybe i'm wrong but i have the impression that they are a much better team than PSV but it wasn't the all conquering display like against Bremen or previous matches.
Shame cause i think Lyon were able to win this year.

PS: i know i usually defend refs but Kim Milton Nielsen is an example of a bad referee IMHO.

I think some of you guys are really ignorant, i'm not surprised as most people are, but PSV are a very decent team. They might not have the world superstars some of you kids look out for, but if you know anything about football (most of you kids don't) you'll understand a great team is always better than a collection of great players. PSV weren't lucky through this campaign, no they deserved to get this far. Now they play Milan and although that's a very good opponent I still give them a chance.

It's pretty annoying to read through comments of 16 year olds reflecting on something they don't know about. Let me do the talking, together with Gerd, FD and Smango next time. Ok Thomas, Donedo and Milanista?

No.

I never said anything about PSV being poor, infact i even predicted PSV to win this quaterfinal round against Lyon. Ive even said to many other members on MSN that i thought PSV were going to be able to beat Lyon. THeyve got experience and talent in almost all sectors of the squad, where as Lyon are quite young on most parts of their team.

ANyway, i thought Park, Van Bommel, Farfan, Beasley and Ooijer had great games. Gomez could have stopped the first goal and PSV should have qualified in 90 minutes. imo That was a PK for Lyon, but I still thought PSV were the better side. Right after the Lyon goal you could see PSV dominating.

Sorry Milanista, I shouldn't have involved you in this grueling war between ThomasGoal and me which I seem to be losing.
I disagree with you about Beasley though, I think he's one of the most overrated players PSV have. Van Bommel on the other hand is one of the better midfielders in Europe.

Hmm i cant really say anything back about Beaseley as ive only seen a few PSV games.

From what Ive seen Van Bommel has been very good, and imo is better than Maniche. But who I thought was also very good during the Monaco and Lyon games was Park - he was never tired and was very quick at moving around.

In every way it seemed like a penalty, many times ive seen referees give one in likewise situations. However:

- The lyon player, even if gomes(psv keeper) didnt touch him, would not be able to reach the ball.
- Even if he did, he wouldnt be in a direct scoring position, gomes knew this and thus didnt tackle the guy as a last resort, he didnt have to. He somewhat keeps his hands to himselve.
- The field was wet, thats why he slides trough on him. It was not his intention to take him down.
- The lyon player knew he wasnt in that a good position and the ball was going proberly going out off play, like any other attacker he naturally went for the confrontation top get something out of it.

So, altough it seemed like a penalty, there where alot of softening circumstances involved wich makes me think it was the right decision.
I only saw it once+replay so dont pin me down on it, if anyone has a video and thinks otherwise please go ahead and tell me.

loser.jpg

lets not forget that hiddink the midas touch man is also behind psv rise psv thru and at this stage of the cl anything is possible

go ahead psv they deserve some credit

lyon good team but some times u shud have played far better in the first leg but then again psv scored the away goal to tighten up the tie

good game by marcos//// pkicks are lotteries it could have gone either way

Nilmar's position is penalty?
I don't think so.Gomez don't touch him.

I think Lyon is very very good team.Essien and Malouda is very good players.But, ı don't like Lyon because,
Fenerbahçe 1-3 Lyon
and
Lyon 4-2 Fenerbahçe
Goals:Selçuk,Essien,Malouda,Tuncay.
and
Nilmar(90+3,90+5)
Very unlucky match for us...

fb mania said:
Nilmar's position is penalty?
I don't think so.Gomez don't touch him.

It's a joke :lmao:

PS: (for all) i have nothing about the PSV, one of the most organized team ever see, i'm speak about the referee.

Last edited:

smango said:
Shut it frenchy the dutch side played the better football over the two legs. One dubious decision goes against Lyon and the whole nation is throwing baguettes and crosiants. Can;t for once the French be dignified in defeat?

I couldn't agree more.

Almost all French people are acting the same right now. God Damnit, like one decision determines the whole 210 minutes.

joostebrood said:
I think some of you guys are really ignorant, i'm not surprised as most people are, but PSV are a very decent team. They might not have the world superstars some of you kids look out for, but if you know anything about football (most of you kids don't) you'll understand a great team is always better than a collection of great players. PSV weren't lucky through this campaign, no they deserved to get this far. Now they play Milan and although that's a very good opponent I still give them a chance.

It's pretty annoying to read through comments of 16 year olds reflecting on something they don't know about. Let me do the talking, together with Gerd, FD and Smango next time. Ok Thomas, Donedo and Milanista?

PSV will win this years champions league. They are a great team, they may not have superstars like some of the other teams, but football is a team game and great teams win trophies and PSV are a great team.

All these people want to knock Dutch football and compare it to the likes of the Scottish and Belgian leagues. How the Dutch have shown those ignorant fools, how many Spanish teams are left....fuckin none how many French None and how many German None. The Dutch have two! and they will win both the champions league and the UEFA cup! :D

Oh my god, what is????
Yes PSV is a great team...
But believe me or not why would the Dutch league be much better than the Belgian (and the Scottish). Teams like RKC, Utrecht, Den Bosch, Roosendaal have plenty of Belgian players who were not good enough for Belgian teams...
Anderlecht was pants in the CL but i am sure that they can beat PSV (i'm not saying that they will beat them but PSV will certainly not necessarily win this match...i think our Dutch friends agree.)
And in the last Holland-Belgium, who won???? Yes, Belgian.
Look this has nothing to do with Belgium or the Belgium league...but i'm getting a litle bit sick about the prejudices against "lesser leagues" i.e. leagues where from reason television deals are less important. I tell you one thing, give the average Dutch, Belgian, Portugese, Swedish, French or Danish team budgets like a lot of clubs in England, Spain or Italy and they will win as much (or maybe more) silverware as those clubs of the big leagues...
It's not the fact that you mention "the likes of Scottish and Belgian leagues" (the likes...jesus) but the whole mentality behind it...one of superiority, bweeurk.
Somebody who loves all kinds of good football and who don't cares about nationalities...

I thought we drew in a friendly Gerd, with a red card for Cocu. Though that's not the point, since I completely agree with you. It's a fact, which makes it even better that there's 2 Dutch teams in the semi-finals of European cups. I do find Smango's post very funny, and 'till a certain extent he's right. I think I can be quite objective and I do believe I know about football. Over the years Holland have produced great teams and players, which is quite amazing if you consider what a small country we are.

On the other hand, which is very off topic, besides that I'm not proud of who I am and where I'm from. Our mentality and attitude sucks ass and we're cowards in every meaning of the word. But that's more in a political/historical way.

gerd said:
Oh my god, what is????
Yes PSV is a great team...
But believe me or not why would the Dutch league be much better than the Belgian (and the Scottish). Teams like RKC, Utrecht, Den Bosch, Roosendaal have plenty of Belgian players who were not good enough for Belgian teams...
Anderlecht was pants in the CL but i am sure that they can beat PSV (i'm not saying that they will beat them but PSV will certainly not necessarily win this match...i think our Dutch friends agree.)
And in the last Holland-Belgium, who won???? Yes, Belgian.
Look this has nothing to do with Belgium or the Belgium league...but i'm getting a litle bit sick about the prejudices against "lesser leagues" i.e. leagues where from reason television deals are less important. I tell you one thing, give the average Dutch, Belgian, Portugese, Swedish, French or Danish team budgets like a lot of clubs in England, Spain or Italy and they will win as much (or maybe more) silverware as those clubs of the big leagues...
It's not the fact that you mention "the likes of Scottish and Belgian leagues" (the likes...jesus) but the whole mentality behind it...one of superiority, bweeurk.
Somebody who loves all kinds of good football and who don't cares about nationalities...

I don't care about nationalities I'm neither dutch, belgian, english or Scottish. Maybe I was just a bit emotional, from hearing all the abuse directed at the Dutch teams. Both AZ and PSV deserve to be where they are and no one has the right to say other wise. I never meant predjudice against the lesser leagues I was merely making an example of them, no harm intended. Belgium have a great national team and I look forward to seeing them in Germany.

Also hats off the Den Bosch for smashing the bastards from Feyeenord 4-1 great efforts from the lads. :D

If you want to know what a stolen match really is, just watch Barça vs Betis played two weeks ago ;)

smango said:
I don't care about nationalities I'm neither dutch, belgian, english or Scottish. Maybe I was just a bit emotional, from hearing all the abuse directed at the Dutch teams. Both AZ and PSV deserve to be where they are and no one has the right to say other wise. I never meant predjudice against the lesser leagues I was merely making an example of them, no harm intended. Belgium have a great national team and I look forward to seeing them in Germany.

Also hats off the Den Bosch for smashing the bastards from Feyeenord 4-1 great efforts from the lads. :D

Great reply Smango...i don't know if the irony was intended, but for the moment the Belgian national team is completely crap. They still have a small chance to go to Germany but it would take a miracle to get their (i think they have to win all their matches and hope for the right result in other matches). I guess i sympathize with other countries than the "top countries"...and in this instance it was about "my" country...i'm far from nationalistic or chauvinistic. Your post provoked me, but it wasn't about your reply alone...
No hard feelings.

Joost, i think Belgium won that last match 0-1 (penalty goal after a foul on Mbo Mpenza, but i'm not 100% sure). For most of my compatriot playing against Holland is similar to Holland-Germany for Dutch people (not for me, in fact i like Dutch football and i absolutely lover AZ67 and Heerenveen).

Congratulations mate, you're the first person to post in this thread this year. :lol: Seriously though, for me Lyon underachieved last season. They should have been challenging for the Champions League. I wonder how long their domination of the french league is going to last. :)

Congratulations mate, you're the first person to post in this thread this year. :lol: Seriously though, for me Lyon underachieved last season. They should have been challenging for the Champions League. I wonder how long their domination of the french league is going to last. :)
as long as the richest other clubs in france keep making stupid mistakes like taking Cisse for 12 millions euros :lmao:
if you see how they spent drogba or ribery's money your nose will bleed :lmao:
if you give le mans the money marseille or paris have you'll see a new champion in ligue 1 :mrgreen:

Pogoss always criticizing Marseille. Please stop or check your "fact".
First, Cissé didn't cost 12 millions euros. And second, the money for Ribery and Drogba was not all spent. But I agree very bad choices were made with a part of it.

I'm watching Nancy vs Lyon. Both teams are superb to watch.

Pogoss always criticizing Marseille. Please stop or check your "fact".
First, Cissé didn't cost 12 millions euros. And second, the money for Ribery and Drogba was not all spent. But I agree very bad choices were made with a part of it.

I'm watching Nancy vs Lyon. Both teams are superb to watch.
12 millions that's what I heard in RMC and I doubt it was half that price .
and when I talk about spending the money they got for ribery it's not only the transfers , there is also the salaries . Cisse alone cost them 5 millions a year you know that .
I'm sorry mate but don't blame me . blame marseille for showing me easy ways to criticize them . :lol:
anyway Nancy vs Lyon was indeed a good game even if the pitch was frozen . Nancy could have won that game and they showed they desearve their rank .

Last edited:
just one question:

who will be the new first goalkeeper after the
transfer of Coupet to Atletico Madrid
Hugo Lloris or Remy Vercoutre?

Back
Top Bottom