Oh the commentary. Petition/Campaign to get TTB as official Commentator

avok23

Championship
12 July 2005
The commentary in this game makes me cry.
It seems like it has gotten worse
The whole traffic, weather and stadium intro is so dead
The advanced tactic topics are also lame.
You can predict when everything will be said.

So I am wondering if there is any way to get Konami to change the commentator to TheTrueBrits?
We don't need professionals or a known name, just someone who is naturally enthusiastic that can come up with better generic lines. We don't even need two people doing commentary
one good voice would suffice. 3 would be amazing (NBA 2k)

I'm just fustrated

The commentary in this game makes me cry.
It seems like it has gotten worse
The whole traffic, weather and stadium intro is so dead
The advanced tactic topics are also lame.
You can predict when everything will be said.

So I am wondering if there is any way to get Konami to change the commentator to TheTrueBrits?
We don't need professionals or a known name, just someone who is naturally enthusiastic that can come up with better generic lines. We don't even need two people doing commentary
one good voice would suffice. 3 would be amazing (NBA 2k)

I'm just fustrated
It’s not that a different commentator is needed, it’s the script that needs reworking. Would you think TTB with the same script and same comment points will sound a better game? It wouldn’t in all honestly.

The last changeover between lead commentators didn’t improve anything because both Jon Champion and Peter Drury are reading from same script.

Having took a listen to both old and new commentary packs over the years in some detail it’s surreal to hear the same script happening between packs.

So whilst TTB sounds good he has the benefit of being able to talk like a real commentator. What we want in a PES game of having in game commentators having that benefit too. Hopefully.

agree, the main problem is the script
Peter drury is a very good commentator in real life

TTB commentary is awful so no, I don’t want him near a PES game.

His commentary is too forced and it’s like a dodgy Eurosport show from back in the late 90s.

lol must be the minority then.. Your basically saying all commentary is forced then, simple as that. I dont mind criticism but no need to be rude about it.
Regarding the other points, your right. The script is the main issue. Any commentator will sound boring etc reading the same lines over and over.

It’s not that a different commentator is needed, it’s the script that needs reworking. Would you think TTB with the same script and same comment points will sound a better game? It wouldn’t in all honestly.

The last changeover between lead commentators didn’t improve anything because both Jon Champion and Peter Drury are reading from same script.

Having took a listen to both old and new commentary packs over the years in some detail it’s surreal to hear the same script happening between packs.

So whilst TTB sounds good he has the benefit of being able to talk like a real commentator. What we want in a PES game of having in game commentators having that benefit too. Hopefully.

Hey Pred... do you think it's possible to convert FIFA commentary to PES?.

Hey Pred... do you think it's possible to convert FIFA commentary to PES?.
I thought about doing it as I have the audio files for Fifa 10 but it would take months. Literally listening to one line from Pes19, finding the equivalent in the Fifa10 audio files and then replacing the audio.

If I didn’t have chants and callnames already occupying my time I could do it but there’s no chance currently. Plus Fifa10 is the latest FIFA that we can get at the audio files so no current commentators we could rip from. I also still have my Jon Champion commentary pack on hold due to not being able to work on it.

I thought about doing it as I have the audio files for Fifa 10 but it would take months. Literally listening to one line from Pes19, finding the equivalent in the Fifa10 audio files and then replacing the audio.

If I didn’t have chants and callnames already occupying my time I could do it but there’s no chance currently. Plus Fifa10 is the latest FIFA that we can get at the audio files so no current commentators we could rip from. I also still have my Jon Champion commentary pack on hold due to not being able to work on it.

Are you sure there's no way to get the audio from FIFA 18/17/16???
That'd be very odd. Specially seeing how far modding got with 16.

I'm an audio editor, filmmaker and someone who's worked in television, and yet I admit that this is just my opinion and I(mll be the first to say that it has no reason to be taken with anything more than a grain of salt. But in my opinion, having heard him several times in several videos, he has a voice we associate with sounding like a British sports commentator: he has the right cadence, he vocalises in ways that are suggestive of what we in 2018 attribute with a commentator's voice and has enough of a database in his improvisations of expressions, turns of phrase, and syntax that sound "right". But there is a depth that is missing which makes his voice more impersonation and imitation than actual commentary with thoughtful and sincere insight. In short, in my opinion only, you're being fooled by a very good sounding voice that doesn't have what good commentators have. Sounds great, but there isn't a lot of depth there. I don't know if anyone else agrees with me and I totally accept if people think I'm nuts.

I'm an audio editor, filmmaker and someone who's worked in television, and yet I admit that this is just my opinion and I(mll be the first to say that it has no reason to be taken with anything more than a grain of salt. But in my opinion, having heard him several times in several videos, he has a voice we associate with sounding like a British sports commentator: he has the right cadence, he vocalises in ways that are suggestive of what we in 2018 attribute with a commentator's voice and has enough of a database in his improvisations of expressions, turns of phrase, and syntax that sound "right". But there is a depth that is missing which makes his voice more impersonation and imitation than actual commentary with thoughtful and sincere insight. In short, in my opinion only, you're being fooled by a very good sounding voice that doesn't have what good commentators have. Sounds great, but there isn't a lot of depth there. I don't know if anyone else agrees with me and I totally accept if people think I'm nuts.

Hes doing a pretty good imitation of a commentator i agree. But he never feels like a real commentary of course and i dont believe he wants to be one either. My example is that WWE is TTBS and UFC is a real commentary. Both are enjoyable but WWE just doesnt feel real although its much fun. And WWE is really self aware of this.

Of course this doesnt take away from the fact that his videos are really enjoyable due to this as well. Im a follower of his.

That's fair enough and as I said before I dont mind constructive criticism as it helps. However, take into account that when I do these videos im doing more than commentary. I'm having to play at the same time so I cant be as descriptive etc as I would like to be. If i was just watching a match it would be far easier. These pro commentators have notes, actual facts infront of them. I'm just winging it basically and talking football. Not as easy as people might think.
Give it a try. Play a match yourself and try to focus on the game and commentate over the top of it simultaneously.
But everyone has their own opinion and thats fine. I personally think American commentators are terrible to be honest. It just doesn't sound right to me. British will always sound better as they have a knack for the game.
I try to make enjoyable videos at the end of the day, simple as that :)

That's fair enough and as I said before I dont mind constructive criticism as it helps. However, take into account that when I do these videos im doing more than commentary. I'm having to play at the same time so I cant be as descriptive etc as I would like to be. If i was just watching a match it would be far easier. These pro commentators have notes, actual facts infront of them. I'm just winging it basically and talking football. Not as easy as people might think.
Give it a try. Play a match yourself and try to focus on the game and commentate over the top of it simultaneously.
But everyone has their own opinion and thats fine. I personally think American commentators are terrible to be honest. It just doesn't sound right to me. British will always sound better as they have a knack for the game.
That is an extremely good and valid point that I had simply not considered, and in so doing I've devalued your talents. And for that, my analysis of your voice deserves a sincere apology. Since you're playing and watching that is a completely different dynamic than what I imagined due to the quality of the videos which is that these were edited afterwards. I still think, in my humble and very personal and not in any way authoritative opinion, that you'd do best to focus on those elements of your voice that are YOU and less leaning on tropes we've grown used to. I see this a lot not only in singers but also in voice over talent I've worked with, it's the using of things that are natural to you and that you do well. But there is a better, more unique voice in you that is dying to come out and be its own thing. For whatever that may be worth to you, there it is. I am very used to having to give people feedback directly and my mistake often is not recognising when it's asked for and when it's not. So, I hope you can use whatever dustings of useful feedback there are in my response and not focus on the presumptuousness of my post. I like your videos, I watch them often, and we've even interacted on social media. I wish you nothing but the best.

I think what alot of people also forget is that as good as TTB is, and as popular as he is, he's never actually claimed to be a professional commentator or the industries best kept secret or anything lol. He's very talented and has remained humble but it's clear it's something that started on Youtube as a hobby and was having fun doing it and it turns out he's turned over a very successful channel in doing so.

I think a lot of people forget this and this is part of what comes with popularity and success, is the self appointed critics who just say "Well, why aren't you better, why aren't you as talented as full time professional commentators who do prep and have producers" and then it just evolves into negativity and you get some critics who just dismiss you as shit with no detailed explanation why lol.

TTB isn't exactly John Motson or Ray Hudson(And he's never claimed to be) but he's far from bad, that's an undisputed fact.

TTB runs a nice little Youtube channel. I'd take his spiel over Ray Hudson or anything Konami have ever produced. Even Peter and Trevor. I know some people couldn't care less, but good commentary along with presentation and general authenticity really go a long way to make a sports game attractive. Konami should do better, but they won't.

Then how we have fifa 13 commentary for pes 13 ?
I mean their should be the audio files for fifa 13 and maybe for higher versions because they made fifa 13 commentary for pes 13.

And I have a question about making converted commentary for pes 21 from pes 17.
I seen commentary that converted from pes 16 to pes 17 and even that commentator to pes 18.
And I want to know how can I made a commentary for pes 21 from that commentary and add callnames that it doesnt have?
is it possible to make forexample C.Ronaldo callname from audio of commentator that said Messi ?
unfortunately I dont know how can I do that but I seen a video about making your callname for your commentary.
maybe it can help but the big challenge is converting or using a pes 17 commentator or his voice on pes 21

Then how we have fifa 13 commentary for pes 13 ?
I mean their should be the audio files for fifa 13 and maybe for higher versions because they made fifa 13 commentary for pes 13.
I can't remember which version of Fifa it was where it had soundmaster. That could rip all the audio out. It was around FIFA10. The later versions ripping audio from matches would be the only way to get at the audio.
And I have a question about making converted commentary for pes 21 from pes 17.
I seen commentary that converted from pes 16 to pes 17 and even that commentator to pes 18.
And I want to know how can I made a commentary for pes 21 from that commentary and add callnames that it doesnt have?
is it possible to make forexample C.Ronaldo callname from audio of commentator that said Messi ?
unfortunately I dont know how can I do that but I seen a video about making your callname for your commentary.
maybe it can help but the big challenge is converting or using a pes 17 commentator or his voice on pes 21
PES14/15 all the way up to eFootball are all using the same files which are ACB/AWB files. It still doesn't means files are interchangeable though.

For example, PES14/15 to PES19 have commentary tracks identified with double characters EN_. PES20 to eFootball are using single characters E_. This means that the later games files whilst having filenames named the same will not work in the older games.

Also all the ACB/AWB files are working along side rc_config.bin. This is essentially the script but it again isn't compatible between many other versions. The games with EN_, that rc_config.bin isn't compatible with the games with E_ tracks.

In this regard PES21 commentary will not work in PES17 without someone building an entirely new commentary pack for PES17.

I build a new callname pack but I only work on PES20 to PES21. It is not compatible to PES14/15 to PES19.
My last version compatible to PES14/15 to PES19 is still available in my thread however.

PES14/15 all the way up to eFootball are all using the same files which are ACB/AWB files. It still doesn't means files are interchangeable though.
Ok then you say the format of files is same but when you say interchangeable I think you mean we cant use forexample pes 15 commentary on pes 17 as I know too.
In this regard PES21 commentary will not work in PES17 without someone building an entirely new commentary pack for PES17.
OK but how about using pes 17 commentary on pes 21?
because my question is about that and what do you mean from commentary pack?
you meant a commentary that you made or others which is recognized as dt41_eng_all.cpk files?
if you meant this , yes I have a persian commentary which is for pes 16 and converted to pes 17 and then even converted to pes 18 but my problem is that how others convert a commentary from previous version to newer.( because I want to convert that for pes 21)
It is not compatible to PES14/15 to PES19
you meant your new callname isnt compatible with pes 14/15 up to pes 19 because they are not interchangeable?
My last version compatible to PES14/15 to PES19 is still available in my thread however.
I dont know what you meant exactly from this comment but can you give the link of thread or post of that?
finally my pes 18 commentary( which is converted from pes 16 and pes 17) isnt working with pes 21.
is it because the pes commentaries isnt working in other versions or interchangeable as you said ?
or it is because that my commentary hasnt config folder on it as I dont see that folder.
finally my question is that how can I made that commentary from pes 18 usable on pes 21?
on youtube I didnt find a tutorial about that and just add callname I think their is some tutorials.

Last edited:

Hi man, about the commentary files from FIFA10........is it from the pc version?I am currently making a Martin Tyler patch for PES6 , so far I am lacking stuff from FIFA10 or 11.

Over the whole ps3/xbox360 span, only sound files from FIFA10 and 11 are not possible to be extracted at the moment , as far as I know.

Hi man, about the commentary files from FIFA10........is it from the pc version?I am currently making a Martin Tyler patch for PES6 , so far I am lacking stuff from FIFA10 or 11.

Over the whole ps3/xbox360 span, only sound files from FIFA10 and 11 are not possible to be extracted at the moment , as far as I know.
Yes PC mate, its been a long time since I looked at the files. I remember Andy Gray lines were there.

Ok then you say the format of files is same but when you say interchangeable I think you mean we cant use forexample pes 15 commentary on pes 17 as I know too.

OK but how about using pes 17 commentary on pes 21?
because my question is about that and what do you mean from commentary pack?
you meant a commentary that you made or others which is recognized as dt41_eng_all.cpk files?
if you meant this , yes I have a persian commentary which is for pes 16 and converted to pes 17 and then even converted to pes 18 but my problem is that how others convert a commentary from previous version to newer.( because I want to convert that for pes 21)

you meant your new callname isnt compatible with pes 14/15 up to pes 19 because they are not interchangeable?

I dont know what you meant exactly from this comment but can you give the link of thread or post of that?
finally my pes 18 commentary( which is converted from pes 16 and pes 17) isnt working with pes 21.
is it because the pes commentaries isnt working in other versions or interchangeable as you said ?
or it is because that my commentary hasnt config folder on it as I dont see that folder.
finally my question is that how can I made that commentary from pes 18 usable on pes 21?
on youtube I didnt find a tutorial about that and just add callname I think their is some tutorials.
do you have the commentary file? you mind sharing it? is it adel ferdosi pour?

Back
Top Bottom