Offside Question

Elephant Rider

hells yeah
15 October 2008
Texas
So I thought I understood offside until I was playing PES 2009. The law states, "any part of his head, body or feet is nearer to his opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent".

So here's my question. Let's say a striker takes the ball past the second last opponent. At this point the only person between him and the goal is the keeper. And at this point no other player is in an offside position. Now let's say that another striker moves past the second last opponent. He is between the striker with the ball and the second last opponent. Would he be in an offside position? Looking at the law he would not be because it states "both the ball and the second last opponent". He is not closer to the goal than the ball, but he is closer to the goal than the second last opponent. But when I pass it to him, it is flagged for offside. Is it or is it not offside?

Thanks. That's what I thought. But I've had it several times in PES 2009 call it for offsides. Maybe they fixed it in the last patch. I hope so. I also heard somebody talk about FIFA 09 did the same thing to them.

Back
Top Bottom