1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Offside Question

Discussion in 'Football' started by Elephant Rider, 14 November 2008.

1. Elephant Rider

Elephant Rider hells yeah

15 October 2008
    Texas
    So I thought I understood offside until I was playing PES 2009. The law states, "any part of his head, body or feet is nearer to his opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent".

So here's my question. Let's say a striker takes the ball past the second last opponent. At this point the only person between him and the goal is the keeper. And at this point no other player is in an offside position. Now let's say that another striker moves past the second last opponent. He is between the striker with the ball and the second last opponent. Would he be in an offside position? Looking at the law he would not be because it states "both the ball and the second last opponent". He is not closer to the goal than the ball, but he is closer to the goal than the second last opponent. But when I pass it to him, it is flagged for offside. Is it or is it not offside?

2. Shooto

Shooto Champions League

16 April 2002
    Paisley
    As long as the ball is not passed forwards to the player then he is onside. E.g. you could cut it back to him.

3. Elephant Rider

Elephant Rider hells yeah

15 October 2008
    Texas
    Thanks. That's what I thought. But I've had it several times in PES 2009 call it for offsides. Maybe they fixed it in the last patch. I hope so. I also heard somebody talk about FIFA 09 did the same thing to them.