OFFICIAL WINNING ELEVEN 10 REVIEW thread [hands on we10+ingame pics and vids]

Re: WINNING ELEVEN 10 REVIEW[hands on we10+ingame pics and vids]

stats quaresma plis

ive done the V-feint. did it from kick off by accident. Looked ok but the ball went too far away from my body :(

after 11 games on 5* though, finally scored a goal :D

EDIT: High thru bal has been fixed. Its now lofted, not ultra fast and passed them.

The AI is amazing. Rooney has been the best for me. He tackled back one of my DMF and then took 2 players on, hitting the crossbar off his strike.

KAiWAi said:
I dont have the game yet but I have some new moves to explain.
Try them and tell me if it work (sorry if you don't understant my english) :

Protect the ball with the body :
When you arrive in front of a defender, stop the ball, then, hold R2, then, the back direction.
Your player turn around the ball and protect it with arms and body.

Slow down :
Run ahead with the ball, then, hold R2 and continue to hold the direction.
The player slow down... then I think, you can continue with an acceleration or a special move !?

Little body Feint :
When the ball is stopped, press quickely 2 or 3 time the L1 button.
The player make a little move with his foot.

The V-Feint :
When the ball is stopped, hold R2 + back direction (your player do the Drag-back) then, quickely a diagonale direction (45°).

The Matthews Feint :
Stop the ball, then do quickely a 'left-right'. Hold the second direction.

If all those special moves works, PLEEEASE, make videos !!! ;) ;) ;)

Matthew feint | Mirror

V-feint? | Mirror

little body feint | Mirror

slow down | Mirror

Last edited:

benjo said:
Can we load a we9 or we9jl option file to have players name translated, if someone got a link.
thanx

I tried load we9-wendettalab 2.0 option file, but didn't have success.

Players names still in Japanese.

Anyone gained success??

PS. Sorry my english, I'm brazilian.

I've tried an option file myself but have no joy. I've translated most of the Premiership teams myself

kel said:
Here's a video of a whole match I've played on five stars difficulty to show the gameplay.

FC Barcelona vs. AC Milan [90.6 MB]

Thanks alot man! Good video! This is in De Kuip and I (and all my fellow Ajax-friends) have good memories in that stadium LIKE TODAY HAHAHAHAHA If you hate the f*cking feyenoord clap your hands :applause: :applause:

Just played my first game and after just a few mins i noticed a new thing over previous versions. Playing England V Netherland's they get a FK some distance out and they hit a curling kick over the wall my keeper dives and collects the ball but collides with the post and the ball come back into play and i manage to scamble the ball away. It's nice that they have added this as it adds to the realism, sorry if this has already been mentioned just thought i'd share.

Wow.. that hasnt been mentioned. Thats great news thanks for sharing. WE9 including WE9JL had the problem where the keepers would constantly dive through the posts. Didnt bother me too much..but just made the replays look bit lousy. The collision with the post is a great concept :). .. im now wondering if defenders or any other players can slide into the posts n possibly get injured.... "NUTCRACKER" style...

"How do u feel...
when u jump off a bus..
and u crack your nuts...
on the steering well..."
-famous song in australia.. its to the tune of a famous beer commercial heehehe

spaceman said:
Just played my first game and after just a few mins i noticed a new thing over previous versions. Playing England V Netherland's they get a FK some distance out and they hit a curling kick over the wall my keeper dives and collects the ball but collides with the post and the ball come back into play and i manage to scamble the ball away. It's nice that they have added this as it adds to the realism, sorry if this has already been mentioned just thought i'd share.

spaceman said:

that's amazing... better collision detection was needed

Just a quick point but free selection appears to have changed. I tried the L1+R1 to do a quick free kick but L1+R1 appears to cycle through the kickers, like holding L2 in WE9.

thanks for the news guys keep them coming
my problem is that, my ps2 is brocken so i gues i have to wait till pes6 comes out as i got xbox360 fucking have to wait till november:roll: anyways good to hear that the gameplay has improve, also the al & ref is better as it was so annoing in pes5.
i question are thay to many ofsides in we10 unlike pes5, or do they use they inteligance and time the run better??

Errr.. where's Ballack. I can't find him in the game.

also repishare doesn't sims to work for me, but i had no problem with that before, is it something im doing wrong? can somebody help me pls

Thank you veeery much " KEL " for your vidéos !!!
The match between Barca and Milan is really good, great goals !!!

The special moves are great !!
Juste the Matthews, it's not that :
After the drag-back (R2+ back direction) you have to hold a ahead/diagonale direction (not a back/diagonale direction).

Did you try to protect the ball against opponents ?

@KaiWai thanks for the explanation of those moves and your english is fine man ;)

@Kel, thanks for the vids, I viewed a couple.

I also have two little not so important questions myself.

1. Is there anything different at all about PK's? (Or same dull crap)?

2. Is there hopefully a lot more slots for skin 4 players (we need way more black player faces and there was never enough

Last edited:

kel said:
Here's a video of a whole match I've played on five stars difficulty to show the gameplay.

Thanks a lot for the video kel, it looks good, it looks like the game has changed a lot, it was very entertaining, Pirlo killed ur defence there ;) but it was a good video, you probably weren't even trying :applause: Thanks again.

Did you know japanese sense of humour ???

http://coolsg.com/tmp/we_1.avi
http://coolsg.com/tmp/we_2.avi
http://coolsg.com/tmp/we_3.avi
http://coolsg.com/tmp/we_4.avi
(from a japanese forum)

Now you know, loooool !!!
icon_crazy2.gif

kel said:

-but the goalkeepers are :drunk:
-the dribbling in short spaces like pirlo is:bomb:
- but also gattuso passing very very perfect..mmmh :-k

Only thing WRONG with the game are it's graphic's starting to hate the fact that now after 3 years we see the same pitch etc.

can't wait for fifa's world cup this tues personally\\:o/

I remember reading about teams having there true to life styles of play in we10 i.e Chelsea defensive counter attack and Barca attacking style ect. Anyone notice this?

thanks kel for the vid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DB10 said:
I remember reading about teams having there true to life styles of play in we10 i.e Chelsea defensive counter attack and Barca attacking style ect. Anyone notice this?

yeah sort of

having been playing the game for a couple of hours now (played the whole international challenge and won teh WC with england on 4*) ill have a quick review:

Gameplay:
Improved, tighter control and more responsive. This actually allows for beter control of the game flow. You can now have quick short passes in midfield and youll be able to keep the ball. Also you can dribble yourself out of problems easier. Shooting is improved with now sidefoot shots fron the edge of the area more common. Did a henry special on the edge of the area at hit the crossbar. Also body weight/collision is improved with it being a bigger factor now. A handy element added is when a striker is running with the ball and the defender is behind him he sticks out an arm to keep the defender back, this in combination with a powerfull striker (rooney) makes it easier keep ahead of the defender.
Ref has improved aswell with less fouls but better "play on" quality. Goalies have also improved and have added animation however one thing i noticed, and this is probably the only negative is that they use punch to often which means a lot of shots get blocked and end up in the penalty area or even worse shots are only half blocked and end up in the net. When playing the IC i ended up scoring about 5 times with shots that should have been saved ending up driblling into the net as the goalie didnt parry good enough. For pes6 this should be lessened. Speed of the game is perfect atm with you being able to decide whether you want to play a fast attacking game (chelsea) a fast passing game (arsenal) or a slow passing game, meaning you can easily slow the player down and look for openings, or pass it about some more keeping possesion.
8.5 (would have been a 9 were it not for the goalies)

Graphics:
The same really with added animations. Some goalcelebrating animations has 3d crowds in the background which do look good. Pitches are still the same old crap. Stadiums look the same as the did (with two new stadiums unlockable in the shop). Also crowds are back in a fairly lame way. As was discussed when we9 was released that the stadium editors over here could just add a crowd texture to the stadium bins instead of the empty seats, well thats what nokami has done with a blurred crowd texture being applied. If you actually look at it it does look poor, however it is an improvement when playing the game that the stadium does look filled.
8 (still decent enough for ps2 standards)

Options:
Dont know yet(too much japanese), however IC is a good addition. But general impression is that it will be the same as pes/we9
6 (ML looks like it will be the same and IC cant cover the lack of development in this area)

Sound:
Same old crap

Overal:
If you didnt expect much like myself you will be pleasently surpised by the development of the gameplay. It really is very good with the poor goalie punches being the only negative comment. If you were hoping for improvement in options and the like youll be dissapointed.
7-(8.5+8+6+5)

Last edited:

Can someon put the full match video up somewhere else. I am having trouble watching it. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom