Official GTA: SA Thread - (XBox & PC 7th June '05)

The soundtrack for this game ahs the potential to be amazing!

opsm2_screen8.jpg

After France's humiliating 8-0 defeat by England and their immediate exit from Euro 2004, life becomes much harder for Thierry Henry

The DVD is dual layer format. Does that mean the game cannot be backed up?

Also, I'm a bit concerned about the stylistics of this game. I loved the sopranos/goodfellas vibe of the other games, but this one seems almost completely hip-hop based. I cant stand the racist, homophobic, mysogynistic, mindless-violent nature of hip-hop so obviously thats gonna be a problem for me.

NEW GTA: SAN ANDREAS DETAILS THIEVED

Drive-bys, farms, haircuts and swimming all to feature in latest GTA game

15:22 Rockstar has leaked yet more details of its forthcoming crime-athon GTA: San Andreas, and by all accounts it's sounding like being the biggest underworld event in the UK since Reggie Kray kicked the bucket.
Detail certainly seems to be the name of the game, with tons of new features poised to enter the fray. Firstly, there is the importance of appearance - gamers can whisk their budding criminal off to the barbers for a stylish new cut, and depending on the outcome, NPCs will either react with approval or chortle uncontrollably (a Keegan perm should be a guaranteed winner for the latter).

There is also a considerably larger playing area, with farms, fields, rivers, forests, deserts and even a half-mile-high mountain existing on the city outskirts. No news of any banjo-strumming inbreds lurking about, however.

Elsewhere, plummeting into a river won't result in immediate death - characters are now blessed by the ability to swim. Darkened areas and shading provide hiding places for evading police, and enraged cops won't give up the chase as soon as you've sped away in a vehicle (apparently, desperate hero-types will attempt to cling onto your bumper for dear life, recalling the famous action sequence from Terminator 2).

Oh, and if you fancy yourself as something of a Tony Soprano/Don Corleone, we've also heard that there is poised to be a greater 'organised crime' aspect too, with opportunities for controlling parts of the map and making a quick buck.

As for missions, early reports reveal that there will be one involving fleeing corrupt cops at an airport on a... wait for it... BMX pedal bike, and gamers will also be given the daunting task of steering a car while its passengers perform a drive-by shooting.

Saying this isn't the most ambitious gaming project on the PS2 yet is like saying France didn't fluke it against England in the Euro 2004 group game; i.e. a complete load of crap. Face it, San Andreas is going to be the mother amongst mothers, the videogame Tarantino would have made if he spent his younger days playing Spectrum instead of watching films.

Look out for it on PS2 in October this year (we hope).

From the looks of it the game will be based of boyz in the hood, the same way as vice city was loosely based on scarface, hopefully forties and nines is in the came, pick up a forty and a 9mm and all will be swiss.

From IGN

June 21, 2004 - According to Netherlands videogame magazine, Power Unlimited, Rockstar Games President Dan Houser has confirmed that the upcoming mega-sequel Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will not support online in any shape or form. Reportedly, the team at Rockstar felt that the GTA world was way too big to implement online effectively and have decided to leave the feature out altogether.

We contacted Rockstar representatives ourselves to confirm the statement and immediately had the story corroborated by a Rockstar rep. "Yes," replied the spokesperson. "Dan's statement would be correct."

Though GTA won't be online this time around, we're pretty sure that it won't deter its dedicated fan base much if at all. And to test that theory for ourselves, we'll be back with more on Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas in the coming weeks. Stay tuned.

I wish they would stop teasing us with these little bits, October seems so far away

This game is disgraceful to black ppl but i am still going to buy it.
This game will make ppl think this is what black ppl do.

mr teeth said:
This game is disgraceful to black ppl but i am still going to buy it.
This game will make ppl think this is what black ppl do.

So what happend when it was a white bloke in the other games???

It's true though if u lot were black u know what i mean. If it was a white person ppl wouldn't think abot that but if it's a black person ppl would because a lot of black ppl get associated with these kind crimes and the last thing to do is make a game about it. Where living in a racist world. Lets just leave as that.

Sorry to cause some controversy but don't get me wrong i am not trying to cause trouble.

PEACE.

mr teeth said:
It's true though if u lot were black u know what i mean. If it was a white person ppl wouldn't think abot that but if it's a black person ppl would because a lot of black ppl get associated with these kind crimes and the last thing to do is make a game about it. Where living in a racist world. Lets just leave as that.

Sorry to cause some controversy but don't get me wrong i am not trying to cause trouble.

PEACE.

Yes, beacuse a game defines the opinions of an entire generation about black people. Malcolm X would be campaigning heavily against this if he was still alive. :roll: Your stupidity is just infuriatingly apparent with each word you speak. The game is one big cartoon VIRTUAL world, so you think that any right thinking person attributes the events on screen to events in the real world? If so, you're even more stupid than I first envisaged.

Sorry to cause some controversy because, don't get me wrong, I'm not attempting to cause a ruckus.

FRATERNALISM

OK thats your opinion i respect that.
But why does every black person in a game has to be so negative the only game i know of that has a good black guy in it is Ready to Rumble (afro thunder) and urban chaos (the girl u play as)

Lets leave it as that

mr teeth said:
OK thats your opinion i respect that.
But why does every black person in a game has to be so negative the only game i know of that has a good black guy in it is Ready to Rumble (afro thunder) and urban chaos (the girl u play as)

Lets leave it as that
see that corner? over there?

go and have a chat with yourself standing in it

what are the video games with bad black characters (and no/less bad white characters)?

as grim already said, the player's character in GTA III and GTA:VC was white.

But if they didnt have a black lead character you'd be calling the videogame industry racist for excluding black characters from leading roles.

Boro said:
But if they didnt have a black lead character you'd be calling the videogame industry racist for excluding black characters from leading roles.

LOL exactly
no win situation

there is no point of me going on about this if u lot know where i'm from u'll undrstand me.

Foget it u lot won the argument :roll:

Back
Top Bottom