No fouls

geeeeee

International
2 May 2010
London
Tottenham
I posted this in a different thread but no response as yet.

I am enjoying the game but i am a bit concerned that there are very rarely any fouls. I played a 20 min game West Ham (me) v Huddersfield and there was ONE foul all game by me. The game finished 4-3 so it's not like it was a boring match, so there should have been some fouls. Does anybody know if EA are going to fix this because it could be a game breaker for me. Because no fouls=no injuries=no yellow cards=no red cards=lack of realism.

I have tried the sliders to make the marking tighter hoping that this may generate more fouls but it's not happening. I even went back to 'legendary defending' to see if the old way would make more fouls but it's the same.

Anyone else finding this annoying? Don't get me wrong the game is great. But dead ball situations is a big part in football and if it was a part of fifa it would really complete the game for me.

Sorry for starting a new thread but wasnt getting any response in the other ones. Just wondered what other people thought and if its likely to get fixed.

I got about three fouls in my last match. None was because of slide tackles just collision with the defender and attacker and none of the three was directly in front of goal either.

yes me too. been thru a few game without any foul or cards.

IS there like a slider or something to fix the strictness of the refs?

it's kinda annoying in some way.

yes me too. been thru a few game without any foul or cards.

IS there like a slider or something to fix the strictness of the refs?

it's kinda annoying in some way.

I agree it is kinda annoying, i'm still playing the game but in the back of my mind i'm missing indirect and direct free kicks around the box. I played Fifa 11 yesterday and the computer failed me 5 times in one game and the ref waved play on quite a few times.

Without free kicks the ref might aswell sit on the bench :P

I've just played a game and the opposition (Arsenal gave away 3 freekicks in a 5 minute half game, two dangerous area and one a penalty in which Szczesny was sent off.

I am absolutely loving FIFA, but if I can't have my Del Piero moments curling and dipping free-kicks over walls I wont be happy.

This in my mind is the only real thing lacking. Hope Rutter addresses it

I am absolutely loving FIFA, but if I can't have my Del Piero moments curling and dipping free-kicks over walls I wont be happy.

This in my mind is the only real thing lacking. Hope Rutter addresses it

You can do some tip top freekicks with curl, IMO.

There was a great freekick compilation on Youtube but I can't find it now.

You can do some tip top freekicks with curl, IMO.

There was a great freekick compilation on Youtube but I can't find it now.

Yes I was referring to the lack of fouls meaning I get last chance to showcase my free0kick skills.

Shoukd have been clearer, had a big hangover and little sleep.

I think it might also depend on how you play. Admittedly I haven't played a lot of games yet (<10), so it could be nonsense, however in my last few matches I did notice that I could keep possesion longer and pass the ball or move away at the last minute making the AI concede a foul.

It might not be that it's the AI that fouls less, but that we are so used to the pressure from 11 that we instinctively pass the ball earlier to keep possesion. When actually (like when the AI has the ball) the defending player needs to get really close to make a tackle.

I'll test it out some more later to see if it's actually the case.

I think the no cpu fouls thing is largely a product of the new defending system, where cpu players just stand off you. That is, until you get into the final 3rd, when they make perfect stab tackles in FIFA 11 style.

Reducing cpu acceleration slider a few points helps stopping the cpu defenders being quite so unrealistically responsive, but if they go in for a tackle, they are nearly always successful at getting the ball, no matter what their tackling stats are like.

just finish the game with the AI giving away two penalties, but no card was issued. During most of the game, ref will just wave play on and not call back for a foul. sigh.

other than that it's a dem awesome game. love every min of it. lolx.

I think the no cpu fouls thing is largely a product of the new defending system, where cpu players just stand off you. That is, until you get into the final 3rd, when they make perfect stab tackles in FIFA 11 style.

Reducing cpu acceleration slider a few points helps stopping the cpu defenders being quite so unrealistically responsive, but if they go in for a tackle, they are nearly always successful at getting the ball, no matter what their tackling stats are like.

I agree i think it is to do with the new tackling system even though i switched it to the old tackling system and didnt make any difference. I adjusted the marking slider to see if it would help but didnt, i might crank it right up to see what happens. What are the chances that EA will fix this?

Back
Top Bottom