No direct IP. this year not PES5 in LANS

Although there is now no place to input ip address for a direct connection, the game still plays peer-to-peer. So, if people can work out how to put an ip address into memory for PES5 to use, or pass the ip data via the udp port or something, then a utility for direct ip connection may be feasible.

i can work on dat has i am making a instant messanger application... sounds simple. just create a program that find ur opponents ip and add it to the pro evo file, teh question is what file stores peoples ip?

Or with ethereal capturing the packets and than making some fake lobby server

amokachi said:
What is ESWC? The best professional event of Pro evolution soccer? ... with 400.000 € in prizes & the best players of all countries of world.

I have ps2 & also play in PS2 (pesleague,local events...) IF u not know is possible play in PS2 and PC...

PEsleague! Now you´re talking. That´s a great competition.. not ESWC. Yes, they have money but they still suck for me. Here in Portugal, the qualifiers were played in PS2 and the final at France would be played in PC... that doesn´t make any sense. PES is better on PS2. WCG is much better then ESWC. Altough it´s a shame that WCG doesn´t have PES (they have fifa).

Anyway.. I don´t blame konami.. I think it´s great to have servers/lobbys in PC version. I was not expecting that. I will buy both PES 5 for PS2 and PC. Konami deserves it and I want to play online on both! As I´m expecting more people to do that, I think Konami made the right decision about the direct ip! Let´s buy the game!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that is great the servers/loobys , but the error is not lan option.

( In all countries the best event is eswc, pesleague for example here in Spain the best players not played pesleague 2004 because is very bad, prizes for winners = shorts, pins ...If in portugal is more important pesleague is very very very strange or only for u is more important :| )

In Fifa 2004 was the fist version that EA not launch lan option (ip) all fifa community protest and in 2 weeks EA launch patch with lan option.

The problem is that me and some friends wanted to buy the game to play lan in the office (out of duty hours!!!) and now that's plain impossible, because we're under a NAT network. Last year I could play by direct IP, now we can't.

That is a BIG mistake. I can't understand why Konami likes to F#ck people so much.

About the switch host option in halftime. I have a very good connection (cable connection), so the pings to my machine are always lower than ADSl pings. I tend to be a better host than my opponents. Me being the server with my friends last year we could have very good games, while now in the second half overall connectivity gets worst on the adsl host. Result: me and my friends have worst connection conditions now than before. Switching should be an option!

drekkard said:
Me being the server with my friends last year we could have very good games, while now in the second half overall connectivity gets worst on the adsl host.

do the host and the client change places at halftime in PES5?

Yep, its ok as the lag is not as bad as PES4 when someone isnt the best host, but for me I have an 8MB connection people don't get lag off me. So i find they have a perfect half when i'm host, then they have a perfect half when their host. Where as me I get a good half when i host and a jumpy one when they do. Kinda makes it unfair. But i can see the reasons behind it, makes it fairer for people with average connections in uk (about 1mb connections)

there should have been an option to choose between being host or client, or the servers should act as hosts. changing the host at halftime sux..

Reason for no LAN is simple; they didnt want people creating / using programs like pes4online anymore. Launchers like us created the online community that is now playing pes5: and in one swift version they now want to kill that. Sad :(

As for it still being P2P: yes; but to actually LAUNCH a game between 2 players requires using the online menu's.. which means loggin into konami's servers and such

Back
Top Bottom