No Bundesliga: Official Konami Statement

I think we'll have Leagues C in PC/PS2 (to edit the Bundesliga back into the game), but we'll not have it on the 360, as there is no full edit mode either (XBox live reasons maybe...?)

seabass statement on the situation:

4Players: Obwohl wir spielerisch begeistert sind, bleibt ein fader Beigeschmack für deutsche Spieler: die Liga fehlt. In PES4 und PES5 gab es eine deutsche Liga mit fiktiven Vereinsnamen und Trikots, jetzt ist nur der FC Bayern München dabei...

Seabass: Ja, uns wurden quasi in letzter Minute die Rechte entzogen.

4Players: Die DFL hat selbst eine simulierte Liga untersagt. Die Fans sind natürlich sauer. Was denken Sie über diese Beschneidung?

Seabass: Wir sind auch sehr verärgert, das ganze Team ist richtig sauer. Zum einen hatten wir ja schon die Werte und Statistiken für die deutschen Mannschaften vorbereitet. Und dann sorgen diese Lizenzprobleme dafür, dass alle Arbeit umsonst war. Das ganze Team ist richtig sauer. Wir werden allerdings alles daran setzen, dieses Fehlen im nächsten Jahr zu verhindern.

"the whole team is angry, we allready prepared all the stats for the german teams - then the licenses issues came and all the work was done for nothing - we are all fed up - we will do everything to avoid another year without bundesliga for the next release

well, at least some good news...

Best case scenario: The development team is leaving teams in the League C for us to edit the Bundesliga over, but is making sure they don't hint at it in any way, as it would make EA and whoever mighty pissed.

Worst case scenario: There are like 2 teams in other leagues C, which didn't fit in A or B.

I don't know about you, but I think it's wiser to prepare for the worst case scenario.

It annoys me how many seem to bash Seabass for pretty much everything that doesn't go right for the Pes series, although you all know he has nothing to do with licenses.

OPM said:

"the whole team is angry, we allready prepared all the stats for the german teams - then the licenses issues came and all the work was done for nothing - we are all fed up - we will do everything to avoid another year without bundesliga for the next release

Tons of people around this board would tell you they made a poor effort on those stats if given the chance to see them.

They should give us an ingame edit mode to create leagues, tournaments, teams and players. No slots restriction, because right now you can't even do that patching the PC version

It annoys me how many seem to bash Seabass for pretty much everything that doesn't go right for the Pes series, although you all know he has nothing to do with licenses.

Well he is responsible for the rest of the game isnt he?! I dont blame him for licenses, im not at all bothered about them. I just want to be able to have enough slots to have a decent ML. Something he hasnt adressed for 3 years now!

tiktiktiktik said:
Well he is responsible for the rest of the game isnt he?! I dont blame him for licenses, im not at all bothered about them. I just want to be able to have enough slots to have a decent ML. Something he hasnt adressed for 3 years now!

:applause:

put simply, Seabass isn't listening to the fans.

OPM said:

i agree with someone who said that konami need some kind of european development team.

jamez said:
Theres 82 million people in Germnay, so theres going to be alot of PES players. Will many of them buy PES6 now? I wouldn't if there was no Premiership.

I would buy PES 6 if there were no serie A. Shoud i buy and play the shitty FIFA just because there are my country teams? Even only with national teams PES is light-years ahead of FIFA.

Last edited:
well, at least there are hell a lot of customers who act like this, maybe not on this forum, but the casual gamer wants to play HIS team, the casual gamer doesn't even know the word editing, so yeah, a lot of people will base their decision on team line up in the game...

Still there werent any full divisions in Pes1/2/3 and they also sold very well, but i fully understand people now that their team was in the game, but got taken out, to give Fifa a try instead. I personally wouldnt, but then most of us here are die-hard PES fans, playinmg it for many years now.

My team never has been in PES (they are in FIFA and they 're nowhere near realistic, so they might aswell not be in it..), and i couldn't care less.

To me the major attraction is playing with teams that i don't know, i have discovered players through PES...best example is D'Allessandro. he's my all-time favourite PES player, and i never ever saw him playing IRL not even on television...

I agree Stan. My team, AC Ancona, was in WE8, and it was nice to play with them struggling against better teams. Then Ancona was relagated and it is in Serie C now. I mean...having your team in the game is something good, but there are many more importan things in a videogame.
Anyway this is really a bad move by Konami european marketing office or whatever....

well they might remove the whole primer league, seria a, and la liga from the game even if it was faked for the same reason, money can do that easily

Big Boss said:
I agree mate, but the thing is that Konami were to make an offer in the same amount EA did, EA can always outbid them. The problem is they are BY FAR the richest game developer in the world, so for Konami to get the Fifa licenses is virtually impossible. They would have have to make a bid so high that EA wouldnt go over it, but that would mean a gigantic loss, and Konami are a company aswell, and arent stupid to make a loss like that, just to get some more licenses.

I agree with you but it's clear to see from the announcements that this was a suprise for Konami, when really it shouldn't have been.

They should know which licences are secure and which are likely to go "exclusive". (which is why we probably got Ligue 1 - Konami probably knew they either shelled out with a contract now or risk losing their biggest market - les francais)

Currently the La Liga, Serie A, and Eredivisie licences are all free, but what if EA uses it's influences to get the officials in said bodies to change their laws to permit exclusivity?

Konami can't outbid EA, you're right, but they should know in advance what EA is up to.

I can imagine Konami sitting back thinking "everything is sweet, got the best football game on earth, new Ligue 1 license etc" and that complacency is the problem.

If Konami had kept their finger on the pulse of what was happening they may have known EA was making moves to buy the licence exclusively and then had more time to implement a contigency plan, maybe reediting all German players one by one changing their names to be only 3 letters with a mix of the 2nd and 3rd:(Ballack > Bla, Klose > Kol, Podolski > Pdo, Frings > Fir, Lehmann > Lhe etc)

I don't believe this way, Konami could get into legal hot water, because not only is the name contracted (Bal for Ballack) but a letter is also mixed.

My beef is that Konami will now hopefully not let this happen again, yet we as long-suffering fans & consumers have to be deprived of a whole league because of Konami's negligence.

Which brings me to my next point ...

So the one thing that could possibly happen is that PES loses the War with Fifa, and sales start to decline, and then maybe EA can just buy Seabass'es development team. Offcourse this is a bit farfetched, but think about it, it would mean the ultimate footballgame experience...

Voila, you said it.

It might be bad, actually it probably will be in the long run, but if EA bought Konami and used the Pro Evo engine for their FIFA series we would be laughing, nay actually I think a good portion of us would never leave the house and become permanent FIFA junkies, it would just be that damn good.

I fell bad for wanting this because naturally we all feel a loyalty for Konami for giving us this great game, but they continue to disappoint.

Sure EA only makes their 'evolutions' to get our loyalty and once they have it they'll probably get complacent too, but I'd rather a a complacement developer who gives us a plethora of licences and MUCH better commentary than a lazy developer who only cares about the Japanese market first and ignores the importance of the UEFA Champions League in European Football thus the need for more than 4 leagues in the Master League, not to mention our importance of promotion/relegation.

Argh, I'm stopping here, c'est tout.

PS - In one way this might be the kick up the arse Seabass needs to make the game more Euro friendly in future.

Perhaps the low sales figures from Germany for PES6 will show Seabass how important the Euro market is.

Last edited:
This is very bad, Bundesliga has lots of great players from all around the world (like Pantelic, Kompany, De Jong, Van Buyten). I hope they made some blank teams which can be made into Bundesliga with the in game editor.

Does anyone know if they have removed stadiums like Olympiastadion Berlin and Westfalen now ?

benjo said:
I know for the pre version i've played on ps2 and xbox 360 18 teams : team A team B,...,team R
the players have the same look in all team same face same size same bald head and their name is player 1 player 2, etc....
Surprised nobody paid attention to this.

Hi!

I've got the German preview version. The Bundesliga can be edited into the Other Leagues C Section (not on X360, though!). I did it, as far as logos and international players are concrned:

pes6evowebef2.jpg

But thinking of editing the rest of the 300+ players from the scratch (they´re all bald white men with stats of 50 in every category) gives me the creeps.

Y17

Yeboah17 said:
But thinking of editing the rest of the 300+ players from the scratch (they´re all bald white men with stats of 50 in every category) gives me the creeps.

Y17

Yeah, no thanks. I'll create a few random European sides i think. :)

One question though. When you add stats for a player in this area, will they then start a ML like that and not default to being 150cm tall and have 50 for every stat? I'm hoping not.

I actually think these 18 free slots is something Nokami should have been adding already. Looking on the bright side, i'm welcoming it. No more need to make do with overwriting PES/WE United. Now i can create a few random European teams or even create an entire league (over time).

One question though. When you add stats for a player in this area, will they then start a ML like that and not default to being 150cm tall and have 50 for every stat? I'm hoping not.

No, there is a pool of ML talents in "other players". The players of the 18 Teams don´t even have a proper name, they´re just Player01, Player02 etc.

Did you import the emblems/logos from your PES5 option file?

No, I didn´t cause I was using the patched version of PES 5 where these changes weren´t necessary. But in the game options, there is the data transfer menu, so I´m pretty sure that will work.

Y17

Hahaha. I'm actually laughing my head off. It seems like this is true since the bundesliga is removed from the pes6 french "beta" leak. And yes, of course licences is a good thing but it would be 45 times better having blank teams to fill ourselvs rather than having no options at all. I could easily edit a total unlicenced game myself, IF the edit mode is good enough which Konami obviously have NO idea what they are doing. By the looks of it I might play we10 now instead of pes6. I've been a PES supporter for 5 years but konami keep pissing me off each year with something. Tbh if fifa redo their gameplay for the next-gen consoles at make it playable, Konami will certainly get fucked. And it is no one else than their own fault so GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASSES BEFORE ITS TOO LATE KONAMI

well, good to see 18 slots, guess a lot of option files will include bundesliga. :)

I feel sorry for the the fans of the German teams, i think i will also create various teams..of course i will make a couple of Belgian teams like Standard and Racing Genk and maybe even my favourite team: Brussels.

Furthermore Hearts of midlothians, Basel, Braga and of course Schalke, Dortmund, Werder,...

Back
Top Bottom