No Bundesliga: Official Konami Statement

Aarfy Aardvark said:
a) This is bullshit. And most likely a stupid rumour.
An official statement is "most likely a stupid rumour"...? Wow, I went to the wrong school.

Aarfy Aardvark said:
b) The DFB has no juristriction on keeping the National team and/or leagues out of the game. If this is the case, they will be faked as in previous versions. Last time I checked, the DFB has no law that permits them rights over use of the national flag of the Republic of Germany or any symbol of it. So there is that fish blown out of the water.
Again, it's an offical statement, so while I agree that legally it seems impossible for the DFB to do anything, they have done. Saying that, they could have just HINTED to Konami that they were going to sue and Konami would have run scared. They're a business, the last thing they want is to lose money through a court-case. They're just hoping that the Germans buy the game for the fake national team and edit the real names in themselves.

Aarfy Aardvark said:
c) Bayern Munich are licensed.
They don't need a DFB license for that if they put them in "Fake League C".

Aarfy Aardvark said:
d) The overall Bundesliga and Premiership license is exclusive to Fifa, meaning that Konami could not feasibly put them into them game at the present time.
True. I don't know why people care about licenses anyway.

Aarfy Aardvark said:
e) If anyone believes that Seabass and his team over at KCET don't care about the licenses then you are wrong. They do... This eventually comes down to cost. Although Konami are one of the biggest companies in Japan, the Winning Eleven franchise is a small piece of that pie. EA has a long-term deal with Fifa (the governing body - hence the name) and therefore the individual organisations within it. Konami alas, does not.
They make millions, they give a portion of that back to the programmers and keep the rest for themselves. They must adore Seabass, getting Konami millions upon millions and then asking for all his "silly" licenses!

Aarfy Aardvark said:
f) I totally agree about KDE in Europe, they need to pull their thumb out and start to market the game more to a European audience. But then again, Konami have never had a strong base in Europe, so...
There's been more pre-orders for Pro Evo than FIFA across every games website I've seen, GAME, Gameplay, Play.com... It's only mums grannies and ten-year-olds who buy FIFA any more.

Aarfy Aardvark said:
g) Ubiquitous evolution on the PSP has Bundesliga teams on it. As will Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 next year.
"Official statement" must mean something different to aardvarks.

Aarfy Aardvark said:
h) The people who moan about there not being enough licenses are the same cretins who constantly play AC Milan, Chelsea, Barcelona and Real Madrid on-line. :roll:
Agree. Don't give a crap about licenses. The reason I've stopped playing PES altogether is because I've been every team available for the last ten years, I want to be someone else now. If they added a few unlicensed lower-leagues here and there they'd win me back in a second. But will they pay for ten extra part-time researchers? No. So they can shove their game this year, to be honest.

Aarfy Aardvark said:
Anyway, this game will still smoke Fifa out of the water, so who cares?
A) People who don't want PES 5.2 and want a totally new game instead. B) The Germans.

Aarfy Aardvark said:
As long as I get me hands on WE:J-League on November 22nd, its all good in the hood. \\:o/
You'll love it - none of this has been meant disrespectfully, but it's an official statement, and there's going to be a lot of unhappy people out there. If you only care about the gameplay on the pitch then Konami will never let you down and you'll always be a happy gamer, which is a great thing.

Has konami taken league C out of the game? TBH i dont really care if the german league is in or not, or the english one either tbh as long as they have the slots. Ill just edit the game, or download a optionfile and have it the way i want. What they should start doing is creating empty slots for people to create teams/leagues in and make a decent single player mode. Fifa's managermode is briljant!.

Still think its odd that the dfb can threaten legal action for having a bunch of teams from germany in the game, do they own the license to pubteams or schoolteams? Not likely, guess nokami were just looking at it with money in their mind, get sued ann have to pay money for costs and possible fines or leave the teams out and give players the slots. Hope they have kept the slots in otherwise it really is a p!$$take.

Well dont we already have 18 empty teams in Other Teams 'C'? So why are ppl complaining about lack of team slots?

OPM said:
At least we know for sure now what the problem is. Thanks EA. :roll:

no mate.
It's not stupid EA. IT'S LEGENDARELY STUPID KONAMI'S FAULT.

Of course EA's conduct (if proven) is agressive, but they are just defending their well timed negotiated licenses and their business.

The problem is with Konami, a stupid company with a stupid mentality that incurs in 2 major and incoherent faults:

1 - they believe they do not need to fight for licenses since they have the best game.

2 - Nevertheless they not only don't deliver a PROPER editing mode that allows you to edit EVERYTHING as a game following the policy in 1) should as they also waste developting time messing up with the chances of regular buyers of the official console item editing it via patching, while they allow it freely in the PC versions.

So it becomes very obvious who is the stupid, unrespecful for it's costumer part here.

Last edited:
The DFB don't have the power to stop Konami from using fake names. I think Konami should let the fuckers sue them, and see where it gets them. I reckon Konami would come out on top.

Now i don't know at what point in the development of the game they found this out, but what i find odd is that Nokami didn't say: "Right, we can't have the Bundesliga, let's replace it with another league." They could have approached the FAs of Portugal, Turkey, Belgium etc or even stuck the J League in there. Now instead they have a game with a whole lot of teams missing.
My main concern isn't so much that the Bundesliga isn't there, more that there are less teams in this sequel. Strange, when Nokami have been attempting to add teams with every release.

People keep on arguing, I don't think anyone here knows, nor do I what kind of deal/juridiction is stopping Konami if any from them having the fake Bundesliga. So stop yattering away, and wait for PES6.

Abhishek said:
Well dont we already have 18 empty teams in Other Teams 'C'? So why are ppl complaining about lack of team slots?
This photo shows that Other Teams 'C' has been taken out of the final version. :(
normal_pes6foto5.jpg

Good point Prof (like always).
Some other observations:

1. If the DFB has prohibited the use of (even a fake) Bundesliga, i'm not sure it's in the intrest of the Bundesliga and it's clubs. Palying PES thousands (millions ???) of people outside Germany "discover" the Bundesliga and it's clubs, this in turn can result in the sale of shirts, flags,...So commercially not the smartest move of the DFB bobo's...

2. If EA is behind this, well it's a hard business, they have every right to play it hard...

prof nutmeg said:
My main concern isn't so much that the Bundesliga isn't there, more that there are less teams in this sequel. Strange, when Nokami have been attempting to add teams with every release.

No they havent, they have been replacing teams for the last 3 versions of pes. It would be an unbelieveble cockup if they have gotton rid of a empty league C.

The German national team messed up in Football Manager 2006 because the DFB wouldnt allow the use of it there so it must have something to do with them?

jumberto said:
The German national team messed up in Football Manager 2006 because the DFB wouldnt allow the use of it there so it must have something to do with them?

No, it's not down to the DFB (German Football Association, responsible for the national team's interests), it's down to the DFL (German Football League, responsible for the Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga). They both act independently from each other. That's why there's at least the German national team in the game.

Either way it's a disaster. Many of my friends (I'm german) aren't gonna plan on buying it any longer.

Last edited:
Kezz said:
Either way it's a disaster. Many of my friends (I'm german) aren't gonna plan on buying it any longer.
That is a massive statement from one of the most respected mods on a Pro Evo website. Wow. Edit: On re-reading that, you didn't say you weren't going to buy it, sorry.

And yeah, the shot above is from the 360, so there's a chance the C-League will feature in the PS2 version. Wouldn't hold your breath (but then saying that it's been in previous screenshots, so... Would seem strange. Are any of the previous screenshots containing that C-League badge 360 screenshots? That would prove it).

Jack Bauer said:
That is a massive statement from one of the most respected mods on a Pro Evo website. Wow. Edit: On re-reading that, you didn't say you weren't going to buy it, sorry.

I'd like to say thank you to one of our most respected users ;)

I'm buying it, at least for my 360, that is. If it wasn't for the widescreen and Xbox Live support, chances would have been high for me skipping this installment. To be honest, I'm getting bored more and more each year.

Stan said:
2. If EA is behind this, well it's a hard business, they have every right to play it hard...

Hard business...

Chelsea buying players so that Man U, Arsenal or Liverpool don't get them is hard business. Or putting sand on their turf to fuck up Barça players:
0,,2006461330,00.jpg

George W. Bush "buying" his way to the white house was hard business.

Microsoft tried to buy Nintendo and Sega. That was hard business as well.

Capitalism at it's low best.

You may not be the best, but if you have more money you'll be sucessful. I might have to deal with that. But i'll NEVER accept it.

Edit: if this rumour is true, i think Konami should take it up with European Courts. Make a Bosman out of this. Thank God the NBA told EA to fuck off. Because of that 2K Sports make the best bball game on the planet.

Last edited:
291103 said:
No Bundesliga? I will not buy the game.

If there is a german user on this board, please leave an email address of DFB and we will be able to swear them.

The best way is to buy PES 6 to show EA who is the best.
EA sports stinks that's all.
They are just defending their business? maybe but only with money and that stinks.
The worst example is the NFL games. 2k sports made very good games, sometimes better than Madden serie but EA bought the rights and now Madden is the only NFL game in the charts.
I hope that EA won't be able to kill PES like that.

haha i agree we need a petetion to stop the German FA or EA sports. Whoever is up to this clearly knows that they cant beat Konami when it comes to GAMEPLAY. sad sad world we live in.

OPM said:
but what is in "C"? anybody knows?!

I know for the pre version i've played on ps2 and xbox 360 18 teams : team A team B,...,team R
the players have the same look in all team same face same size same bald head and their name is player 1 player 2, etc....

Professor Nutmeg said:
Other teams C is in. This is from the French PS2 final version

2wnd2r7.jpg
Whew! I guess that screen I posted was a widescreen(xbox 360) shot. Thanx for clearing that up Prof Nut!

One thing I thought of is, cant we just import the teams and players from WE10 to PES6 with Compulsion's Option File Editor? I think that the decryption routine will be same, so cant we just import the players from WE10? Lets hope so.....

My take on things is that having the fake teams with fake names was fine, but when they added one licensed club (FC Bayern München) it made it too close to the real league for the DFL's liking. They complained so Konami moved FC Bayern München to Other Leagues A and created 18 fake teams in Other Leagues C.

Last edited:
They had to add fake teams instead of the German teams for the PS2 version as its just a slight upgrade of WE10 and the game wouldnt run properly without the same number of teams present.
It would probably cause a lot of bugs and we know they hardly do any work between releases.

Back
Top Bottom