Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo Revolution

When you look at those shots, the Revolution looks quite abit bigger than I was expecting. Esp the pic that shows a GC and DS on the floor and 2 Revs on the shelf.

Re: Nintendo DS - Official Thread

Yeah babay....DS comes in different colours...including Navy.
http://www.engadget.com/2006/02/10/nintendo-ds-lite-gets-colorized/

photo_navy.jpg

Now that might just have to be an essential purchase :)

DJ

Now that I think about this, its a waste of money if it costs a lot more than the regular one.
Cuz although this one is smaller, it hasnt really been shrunk down to the point where it becomes any more portable than the regular size one.
If you'll be carrying this small one around, the chances are that you'd also happily carry the larger one around too.

There is a price difference? what is the difference Rune?

DJ

It is a noticable size difference. 2/3rds of the original means if you were to go from taking the lite to taking the old one, it would be half as big again.

I spose its a case of wait till you have it in your hands to find out just how small it is.

DJ

djdavedoc said:
I spose its a case of wait till you have it in your hands to find out just how small it is.

DJ
Yeah. I'll just wait for it to be released here and then see it at a store when its on display.

I remember when I got my GBASP years ago, GAME were taking in the original GBAs as a part exchange. Hopefully they'll do the same again this time. My NDS is in acceptable condition so I'll probably go for it if thats an option.

Holio said:
When you look at those shots, the Revolution looks quite abit bigger than I was expecting. Esp the pic that shows a GC and DS on the floor and 2 Revs on the shelf.
Good point. But dont you think its weird that the NDS and the GBMicro also look pretty big compared to the GCN?

NickSCFC said:
Japanese people have quite small hands remember. Japanese PlayStaion controllers are also smaller than Western ones.

Are you sure? My ones are all Japanese, and they seem the same as my PAL PS2's controllers.

RuneEdge said:
Yeah. I'll just wait for it to be released here and then see it at a store when its on display.

I remember when I got my GBASP years ago, GAME were taking in the original GBAs as a part exchange. Hopefully they'll do the same again this time. My NDS is in acceptable condition so I'll probably go for it if thats an option.

I'm hoping that shop retailers will do the part exchange as well.

Regarding the size of the DS Lite:

Length: DS Lite - 133mm; DS - 149 (They've cut just over a cm in length. DS Lite is 3 cm longer than a standard iPod, which is impressive)
Width: DS Lite - 74mm; DS - 85mm (Just over a cm again. 1cm wider than a standard iPod)
Depth: DS Lite - 22mm; DS - 29 mm (Nearly a cm, but the orginal DS isn't that big depth-wise anyway. 1cm more depth than a standard iPod)

Now I suppose that doesn't look like much but this is is pretty important:

Weight: DS Lite - 218g; DS - 275g

Now that is a pretty big difference and you will certainly feel it, when it's in your pocket. Also, the Lite is no doubt good-looking which brings it nearly on terms with the PSP in terms of appearance. One more impression feature:

Battery Life (max): DS Lite - 16hrs; DS - 10hrs

Last edited by a moderator:

Holio said:

Well the GC is a pretty small console itself, isn't it.

The depth of the Rev is only 3 DVD cases, which is just under 2 inches I reckon. Also, the Revolution is stand, which acts as a power supply which therefore takes up less room in terms of wires

Thats some good info eatbeer. Thanks for that sounds as if the battery life is decent.

DJ

SOme important dates:

24/3 - Brain Training
31/3 - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
31/3 - Animal Crossing: Wild World
31/3 - Resident Evil: Deadly Silence
07/4 - Top Spin 2
21/4 - Tetris DS
21/4 - Electroplankton
28/4 - Trauma Center: Under The Knife
05/5 - Metroid Prime Hunters
26/5 - Super Princess Peach
02/6 - Final Fantasy IV Advance (GBA)

Milanista said:
Are you sure? My ones are all Japanese, and they seem the same as my PAL PS2's controllers.
I have a Japanese ps2 too and they are the same.:mrgreen:

It was only made smaller for the Xbox and that smaller pad was later released here too.

I remember there being a big deal that the PS1 (or was it SNES?) controllers were smaller than their US/European counterparts. The XBox S Controller was a default release in Japan I think.

Video of the DS lite:
http://www.youtube.com/w/DS-Lite-Video-1?v=hv3o3B0ScYY

and check out this funky game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_5fW5xH8nw&search=DS Lite Video

I wasn't gonna get a handheld but looking at the DS brings back so many vivid memories of that dual screen Zelda game one of mates used to have when we were kids. Damn, I want one now! :(

Last edited:

I'm very happy just reading the Play.com topic.You can pre order PES6 not just on PS2,360 etc but NDS as well! And if they are smart think of the possibilities. Wi-fi Connection ring a bell?

EDIT: Its Confirmed. Read this.
http://ds.ign.com/articles/688/688900p1.html

Back
Top Bottom