Nice little touch

Dan99

League 2
7 March 2006
Don't think this was in PES5 but here goes anyway. When shooting, if a defender is infront of you and the keeper can't see the ball, the keeper will see the ball late and dive later \\:o/ It sets up some great goals.

I believe it was in PES5. In some instances you could see a delay in goalies when they were obscured. Perhaps it has been altered and optimized for PES6. Touches like that are not only nice but essential since they add to realism.

true. another thing is that keepers sometimes dive the wrong way if the ball gets deflected. another superb touch.

I haven't noticed either of these 2 touches myself (then again I have hardly had the time to play the game much yet) but if in, that's absolutely brilliant and you're right Trance_Allstar, they are pretty essential.

In real life, there's a lot of shots that get deflected. Some go in, some hit the bar/post and some go out but a lot of times the opposing defender manages to get his leg or body in the way. I hope the number of shot deflections then is more realistic and frequent than it has been in previous versions of the game.

Keepers also drop the ball forward if they catch a ball on the line and are moving backwards and allow strikers/defenders to pickup the pieces, which is pretty cool too.

PLF said:
I haven't noticed either of these 2 touches myself (then again I have hardly had the time to play the game much yet) but if in, that's absolutely brilliant and you're right Trance_Allstar, they are pretty essential.

In real life, there's a lot of shots that get deflected. Some go in, some hit the bar/post and some go out but a lot of times the opposing defender manages to get his leg or body in the way. I hope the number of shot deflections then is more realistic and frequent than it has been in previous versions of the game.

As far as I have been able to make out, there seems to be a bit more "resolution" to deflections, as if the "hitboxes" on players (for my lack of a better word) have been changed. For example I recently saw a shot first hit the lower leg on the goalie (who had thrown himself and was suspended horizontally in the air) then deflect upwards hitting his other leg, and then again get deflected downwards. Also some passes and stuff that have gone between the legs of players have really gone between the legs and also been deflected slightly if they only grace a leg. In PES5 even a ball going cleanly betwen the legs of a player would magically get deflected by nothingness. :)

Back
Top Bottom