Pittsburgh Penguins vs Philadelphia Flyers

Western Conference
San Jose Sharks vs Anaheim Ducks
Detroit Red Wings vs Columbus Blue Jackets
Vancouver Canucks vs St. Louis Blues
Chicago Blackhawks vs Calgary Flames

i was at the caps vs rangers game last night, im a caps fan so not happy

i was at the caps vs rangers game last night, im a caps fan so not happy

Hahaha you lost to my Rangers 3-4. We have taken the home court advantage. Nevertheless I think you are still the favourites. Lundqvist was fantastic last night though. Theodore was great too... for us!

Tonight my western team, Detroit Red Wings, team will play against Columbus Blue Jackets. I predict a Detroit win.

Watch out the Penguins, very strong team, great individualities like Malkin and Crosby. In my opinion the major Stanley Cup contenders.

Unfortunately not, my friend. She is a Brazilian actress, Alinne Moraes. Perhaps one day... :LOVE:

Rangers do it again. 0-1 against the Caps. Now New York leads series 2-0. Next two games at Madison Square Garden.

Unfortunately not, my friend. She is a Brazilian actress, Alinne Moraes. Perhaps one day... :LOVE:

Rangers do it again. 0-1 against the Caps. Now New York leads series 2-0. Next two games at Madison Square Garden.
you eastern and western teams? cmon man, pick ONE team. Honestly that would be like me telling you im a benfica and a porto fan.

you eastern and western teams? cmon man, pick ONE team. Honestly that would be like me telling you im a benfica and a porto fan.

New York > Detroit

I'm a Ranger but I also like the Red Wings, I don't know why, maybe because I remember myself playing with Red Wings in NHL 96 on Mega Drive. :LOL:
It's similar to what happens in Brazil most of the times, where a guy supports Corinthians, for example, and his second team is Portuguesa, absolutely normal there.

Results at the moment:
Boston Bruins 2-0 Montreal Canadiens
Washington Capitals 0-2 New York Rangers
New Jersey Devils 2-1 Carolina Hurricanes
Pittsburgh Penguins 2-1 Philadelphia Flyers
San Jose Sharks 0-2 Anaheim Ducks
Detroit Red Wings 2-0 Columbus Blue Jackets
Vancouver Canucks 3-0 St. Louis Blues
Chicago Blackhawks 2-0 Calgary Flames

Watch out the Penguins, very strong team, great individualities like Malkin and Crosby. In my opinion the major Stanley Cup contenders.

Who was right? :SMUG:

Pittsburgh Penguins 2009 Stanley Cup Champions
crosby_sid_kisses_stanley_cup_325x183.jpg

Congrats!

As a Pens fan I'm delighted of course.

Malkin was doubted three years ago. I have always said watching him at Magnitogorsk he has all the attributes of a Lemieux and he and Crosby are a deadly duo a la Gretzky and Messier at Edmonton.

PLus there is a great netminder in Fleury and a roster that is packed with ability Jordan Staal, Gonchar bravely marshalling the powerplays Kunitz etc etc.

I can see the Caps and Pens rivalry blossoming in years to come.

After 49 years
Chicago Blackhawks 2010 Stanley Cup Champions
101935658_slide.jpg

Marian Hossa finally wins the Stanley Cup after failing with Pens and Wings.

Last edited:
Think it will be pretty much like last season in the east.

Caps to take the President's Trophy Ovy,Semin,Backstrom,Green et al.

Michalek was a good acquisition for our blue line ,we'll be right up there.

Alanta made some good trades like Andrew Ladd and Brent Sopel in exchange for some deaft picks and a possible outside bet and NY Islanders have Tavares looking to make a mark.

NYR also have some real explosive power upfront in Gaborik, Frolov and headed by veterans Drury and Prospal. From a Russian perspective I'd like to see Anismov do well.

Think it will be pretty much like last season in the east.

Caps to take the President's Trophy Ovy,Semin,Backstrom,Green et al.

Michalek was a good acquisition for our blue line ,we'll be right up there.

Alanta made some good trades like Andrew Ladd and Brent Sopel in exchange for some deaft picks and a possible outside bet and NY Islanders have Tavares looking to make a mark.

NYR also have some real explosive power upfront in Gaborik, Frolov and headed by veterans Drury and Prospal. From a Russian perspective I'd like to see Anismov do well.

NYI just lost Okposo and Streit long term due to injuries - its going to be tough for rookie Tavares to shoulder the load of the scoring.

WSH - I agree should be able to repeat and get the #1 seed in the East.

ATL - not sure how good this team is going to be but with all the new acquisitions, it does look promising

TOR - This is a team that might do some damage in the east as well. Acquiring Versteeg, Armstrong, Lebda, Brown and MacArthur in the offseason coupled with an already stellar D lineup might turn some heads!

I'm definitely looking forward to the upcoming season!

I've been off of this silly season so I can't make my predicts related to the new year. I see Capitals are strong (as always) and Trashers made the best moves in the off-season but don't know too much about other contenders. What about the Wings? I used to support them since watch NHL.

Waiting season's start!

I've been off of this silly season so I can't make my predicts related to the new year. I see Capitals are strong (as always) and Trashers made the best moves in the off-season but don't know too much about other contenders. What about the Wings? I used to support them since watch NHL.

Waiting season's start!

TSO the Red Wings signed Modano so upfront with Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen et al and of course young Valteri Filipula they should have nor problems in scoring.

Defensively they lost Lebda to Toronto and Lidstrom is no longer the force he was. His sucessor so to speak Kronwall is still coming back from a serious knee injury.

The same thing you could say about Lidstrom could appply to Salei though Howard is a very decent young netminder his backup Osgood has been all over the place up and down in form.

Chicago just to retain their Central divisional title.

Can't wait either amigo. :) Also the KHL is starting up soon.

Thanks for the info amigo. :) I see Wings are still a major force in frontline with Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Filipula plus the addition of Modano. Unfortunately we lose Lebda (one of my favourites players) and the roster is getting older and older.

I agree with you on Howard. He looks very promising. I saw some games last season he was great. Honestly, never liked Osgood, too much inconsistent for my taste. :P

Yeah, Chicago to retain the divison title and probably the title I must say (well, if Caps start to play like they used to do in regular season...)

With all the Knicks coverage during this NBA season in MSG Network I've become an avid Rangers follower. I like Red Wings a lot although I must admit I gained a particular interest in NY sports teams recently. So tonight Rangers beat NJ Devils 5-2 in the Garden and their Playoff hopes are still alive. In order to clinch the 8th spot and consequently Playoff berth all Rangers fans have to root for a Tampa Bay Lightning victory over the Carolina Hurricanes. If 'Canes won there is no more Hockey game at MSG this season.

To sum up: Let's go Blueshirts! Oh, and Let's Go Bolts!

Leafs is where it's at baby! the biggest brand in all of NHL despite so many years of failure! lol

$1.4 Billion if somebody wants to buy apparently!

Thanks Tampa! Rangers clinch Playoffs after Tampa Bay beat Carolina 2-6. The Blueshirts are going to play against Washington Capitals in the 1st round of Playoffs. So, New Yorkers, NBA and NHL teams are both going home in the 1st round. :LOL: No problem, it's good to advance to post-season.

Leafs is where it's at baby! the biggest brand in all of NHL despite so many years of failure! lol

$1.4 Billion if somebody wants to buy apparently!

Oh man, really? I thought Canadiens, Red Wings or even Pens were the biggests brands. Leafs are cool so are the Canadiens, I enjoy to watch this rivalry.

Every single day I ask myself why do I love New York so much. Never been at NY mate (only in dreams :LOL:) but is my wish to go there sooner than later. Perhaps the movies and all the fuzz around the "Big Apple Capital of the World" have influenced me. Oh, and of course the Knicks played an important role. Watching MSG Network all the time made you follow other NY teams as well. :P

By the way, I don't know if it is a good or a bad thing feeling like a NewYorkean. :LOL:

Back on topic, here is the 2011 Playoff picture:
Washington - New York Rangers
Philadelphia - Buffalo
Boston - Montreal
Pittsburgh - Tampa Bay
Vancouver - Chicago
San Jose - LA Kings
Detroit - Phoenix
Anaheim - Nashville

I lived in NY washington heights and Elder ave. Don`t like it too noisy too many ppl in the streets All the time! funny the schools has hockey teams in NY.

MSG network the YES channel has Arsenal TV too ! :BOP:

No bro, those teams are big too but Leafs are the biggest. Biggest brand in NHL. Washington Capitals are actually only worth about $150 million apparently! A bargain. 1/10th of Leafs and that's with Ovechkin and co. Leafs are worth so much $$$ it's crazy! Most profitable unsuccessful team ever in recent years lol.

Because regardless of how bad it plays, it's got so many fans and so much $$$ coming in, MLSE (the company that owns them) makes great $$$ and doesn't wanna sell as it's great business. Fans of course want MLSE gone as this team is worse than Liverpool.... all history... and nothing recently... at least Liverpool won the CL a few years back in Istanbul.

watch the NY Rangers - Philadelphia tonight also

what do you plan for 2011?

YouTube - World Icehockey Champoinship Slovakia 2011

Not too far away now PIPA. :BOP:

Italy and Hungary are fighting it out in Division 1A for promotion to the top group and Holland beat Spain 8-2 today. I reckpn Hungary will do it.

In 1B Kazakhstan look favourites but Team GB are right in there as well amazingly. :WORSHIP: We beat Lithuania today and only lost 2-1 to Kazakhstan so there is still a chance after beating Ukraine as well.

Caps look to be going through after a rookie spurred them to an amazing win in NY and should join the Red Wings and the Blackhawks are just about hanging on.

Guess sides will be looking to see who will join their WC squads hopefully Bryz joins up with the Russian squad and others like Korpikoski join the Finns.

Back
Top Bottom