[Next Gen] Fifa 14 - General Discussion

I thought PES 2014 was awful after a lot of play testing. The goalkeepers alone ruined the game.
I honestly think that this year will be a defining year, next gen FIFA is already established and will improve, if PES doesn't do something spectacular then it will be continuing steady downward spiral or stagnation at best.

I had that impression too, despite the effort late. I thought this version on ng machines was forced only by business, but EA showed IMO, what you can imagine in near future and doesnt seem easy for konami..

worldcup mode now in the game,you can play exhibition games.

32teams in worlcup available, only maracana stadium.

no need to enter futmode ,another mode toplay as worldcup begins.

better than nothing .

worldcup mode now in the game,you can play exhibition games.

32teams in worlcup available, only maracana stadium.

no need to enter futmode ,another mode toplay as worldcup begins.

better than nothing .

agree, better than nothing, but still it shows that EA could easily implement the full World Cup for ps4/xb1 without any problems :(

They should at least let us play online friendlies with the WC teams...

everrtime i press kickoff on the single world cup game it crashes and gives an error (PS4)..ultimate team tournament seems ok

they could have fired in the world cup tourney option. even with one stadium.

Instead of constant play nows.

This, i thought in UT single player you could have a single player tournament with the current national squads but no, what is the point in having a world cup mode with my team that has mixed nation players in it?

The single matches are good though

Just booted this up again and played a couple of internationals and most players have the shite EA default boots. Infact all teams have those nasty EA boots

Last edited:
I'm current Gen, but I have tried every other place I know to ask, can anyone here gift my a youth scout thing on XB360, from level 87 or above? It will take me forever to get that extra level!

My last posts about the game sounded a bit harsh.

Even tho I can see the improvements on players movement, I keep my opinion that it still need progress on this aspect of the game wich is very important for me, specialy when players are sprinting without the ball.

But what amazes me is the improvement on the dribbling with some very smart animations they put on the NG version. Dribbling in Fifa has never been so good.

I played one game online in wich i could beat the keeper when I was one on one with him by just changing quicly the direction of the anlog and then I was fooled and got the penalty. That felt really good.

I managed to beat a guy playing on manual while he played on assisted. He was not very good, but it's satisfying achieving that, and I'm not very addicted to Fifa.

The guy that I played with was not very good at defending, he just sprinted like crazy twards me, but it was very satisfaying how I coul dribble past his players (specially with Robben and Ribery) with just moving the analog.

After that game i got two draws and the rest I lost. I lost one by 7-0 with a guy that put insane pressure, I had 0 time and space to play, wich make the game ridiculously unbalanced. That's the main reason why I avoid playing online. lol

But despite all the issues, I really believe that Fifa is building up a good shape and I think that EA could make a masterpiece if they really wanted to, but they will always target their general audiance, so they won't make huge changes on movement physics as it would kill that mentality that players need to respond intantnetly in every situation, and they also won't make a game that punish insane pressure, wich is also the case with PES it seems.

Last edited:
hi guys, iv noticed an improvement in individuality since the latest patch, can anyone else verify incase im suffering from placebo effect thanks.

So it's pretty much impossible to play a Seasons game against anyone who isn't use baby assisted controls. Ridiculous. I thought there'd be more people at least using Semi, if not Manual.

So it's pretty much impossible to play a Seasons game against anyone who isn't use baby assisted controls. Ridiculous. I thought there'd be more people at least using Semi, if not Manual.

Can't you use search filter in Seasons? I believe you could...

Just turned this on today on the xbox one to test the smart glass out. Turns out it doesn't do anything. but I spotted the world cup mode!

I cant believe they haven't made an announcement about this or sent out emails etc. First tine I see it and the cups almost over

I've never heard of it. Never seen anything mentioned on other forums or on eurogamer. Had no emails as I usually do. the last I heard was world cup game was only going to be on ps3/360.

I've not played fifa in ages as its just too samey so obviously never saw anything that was on there.

Back
Top Bottom