[Next Gen] Fifa 14 - General Discussion

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by Scutch, 24 November 2013.

1. LFC Albania

LFC Albania Banned

13 October 2012
    Kosova
    Albania NT
    is there any patch for FIFA 14 PC , FIFA World Cup 2014?

2. MadbaLL

MadbaLL Interista per sempre!

11 February 2008
    "Curva Nord"
    Inter Milan
    you can use moddingway mod, it has some sort of world cup addon with WC graphics, scoreboards, etc. it also has some classic national teams.

3. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    La Manga Del Mar Menor, Spain.
    Sheffield Wednesday
    This thread is for next gen Fifa14.

PC and last gen is here.

4. redfish

redfish League 1

15 February 2010
    I had that impression too, despite the effort late. I thought this version on ng machines was forced only by business, but EA showed IMO, what you can imagine in near future and doesnt seem easy for konami..

5. brunnoce

brunnoce World Cup Winner

29 July 2003
    Belo Horizonte, Brazil
    Cruzeiro
    For anyone interested, WC kick off mode is out for PS4, downloading it now.

6. Gavin

Gavin Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

8 April 2004
    Belfast
    Everton
    Can you get it fully working? i seem to be able to play the single match mode only

7. depesser

depesser League 2

11 April 2007
    belgium
    sv zulte waregem
    worldcup mode now in the game,you can play exhibition games.

32teams in worlcup available, only maracana stadium.

no need to enter futmode ,another mode toplay as worldcup begins.

better than nothing .

8. brunnoce

brunnoce World Cup Winner

29 July 2003
    Belo Horizonte, Brazil
    Cruzeiro
    agree, better than nothing, but still it shows that EA could easily implement the full World Cup for ps4/xb1 without any problems :(

They should at least let us play online friendlies with the WC teams...

9. hitmanuk

hitmanuk International

23 October 2002
    uk
    everrtime i press kickoff on the single world cup game it crashes and gives an error (PS4)..ultimate team tournament seems ok

10. P34SEMM

P34SEMM @iam_emmo

2 November 2011
    Romford
    Liverpool FC
    mines fine (ps4)

11. Honome

Honome The Hated Chatbox Murder

16 April 2003
    Brasil
    Fluminense
    Delete the online squads in the HD and it will work

12. hitmanuk

hitmanuk International

23 October 2002
    uk
    cheers mate, how do i do that? is it from the ps4 home screen or from in game?

13. Honome

Honome The Hated Chatbox Murder

16 April 2003
    Brasil
    Fluminense
    It's in PS4 settings, storage, saved data... I think is something like that :P

14. cowden_harley

cowden_harley MOANING PRICK

3 October 2003
    Central Park
    Cowdenbeath FC
    they could have fired in the world cup tourney option. even with one stadium.

Instead of constant play nows.

15. hitmanuk

hitmanuk International

23 October 2002
    uk
    This, i thought in UT single player you could have a single player tournament with the current national squads but no, what is the point in having a world cup mode with my team that has mixed nation players in it?

The single matches are good though

16. dannyfc2

dannyfc2 Premiership

9 June 2009
    Cheers to whoever added me on PSN, feel free to msg me whenever you fancy a go.

17. RockyJJP

RockyJJP FIFA fan, PES lover

24 April 2006
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Manchester United
    If they offered us more World Cup stadia and a Tournament mode. I'd gladly pay for it.

18. cowden_harley

cowden_harley MOANING PRICK

3 October 2003
    Central Park
    Cowdenbeath FC
    just an opportunity to get properly in the spirit of things. But they want us to buy FUT shit instead.

19. temporaomores

temporaomores Banned

17 November 2013
    Erm, stupid question, but why is the FIFA 14 Video thread closed?!

20. pepper63

pepper63 Nice N Sleazy

19 May 2005
    Your Sisters Bedroom
    Only One Man Utd.
    Just booted this up again and played a couple of internationals and most players have the shite EA default boots. Infact all teams have those nasty EA boots

Last edited: 18 June 2014
  21. TheJinxedOne

TheJinxedOne Valar Morghulis.

20 July 2011
    The Red Keep
    CM: Bradford & ML: N/A
    I'm current Gen, but I have tried every other place I know to ask, can anyone here gift my a youth scout thing on XB360, from level 87 or above? It will take me forever to get that extra level!

22. DuduBR9

DuduBR9 Champions League

25 July 2010
    My last posts about the game sounded a bit harsh.

Even tho I can see the improvements on players movement, I keep my opinion that it still need progress on this aspect of the game wich is very important for me, specialy when players are sprinting without the ball.

But what amazes me is the improvement on the dribbling with some very smart animations they put on the NG version. Dribbling in Fifa has never been so good.

I played one game online in wich i could beat the keeper when I was one on one with him by just changing quicly the direction of the anlog and then I was fooled and got the penalty. That felt really good.

I managed to beat a guy playing on manual while he played on assisted. He was not very good, but it's satisfying achieving that, and I'm not very addicted to Fifa.

The guy that I played with was not very good at defending, he just sprinted like crazy twards me, but it was very satisfaying how I coul dribble past his players (specially with Robben and Ribery) with just moving the analog.

After that game i got two draws and the rest I lost. I lost one by 7-0 with a guy that put insane pressure, I had 0 time and space to play, wich make the game ridiculously unbalanced. That's the main reason why I avoid playing online. lol

But despite all the issues, I really believe that Fifa is building up a good shape and I think that EA could make a masterpiece if they really wanted to, but they will always target their general audiance, so they won't make huge changes on movement physics as it would kill that mentality that players need to respond intantnetly in every situation, and they also won't make a game that punish insane pressure, wich is also the case with PES it seems.

Last edited: 1 July 2014
  23. Jimi_Zuko

Jimi_Zuko Jimi Zuko

20 January 2003
    Melbourne
    liverpool
    hi guys, iv noticed an improvement in individuality since the latest patch, can anyone else verify incase im suffering from placebo effect thanks.

24. DagsJT

DagsJT Retired Footballer

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    So it's pretty much impossible to play a Seasons game against anyone who isn't use baby assisted controls. Ridiculous. I thought there'd be more people at least using Semi, if not Manual.

25. temporaomores

temporaomores Banned

17 November 2013
    Can't you use search filter in Seasons? I believe you could...

26. DagsJT

DagsJT Retired Footballer

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    You can but it never finds an opponent. Choosing Any controls finds someone straight away who plays constant long balls and one-touch passing.

27. bsmaff

bsmaff International

11 August 2003
    Welwyn Garden
    Exeter City
    Cheer up Dags... I will give you a game one day.

28. Radiation

Radiation Golden Boot Winner

6 February 2006
    Widnes
    Newcastle United
    Just turned this on today on the xbox one to test the smart glass out. Turns out it doesn't do anything. but I spotted the world cup mode!

I cant believe they haven't made an announcement about this or sent out emails etc. First tine I see it and the cups almost over

29. hitmanuk

hitmanuk International

23 October 2002
    uk
    ? world cup mode has been available for ages, since the WC began at least (PS4) and it was well publicised

30. Radiation

Radiation Golden Boot Winner

6 February 2006
    Widnes
    Newcastle United
    I've never heard of it. Never seen anything mentioned on other forums or on eurogamer. Had no emails as I usually do. the last I heard was world cup game was only going to be on ps3/360.

I've not played fifa in ages as its just too samey so obviously never saw anything that was on there.