[Next Gen] Fifa 14 - General Discussion

I know what you mean about winning 4-0 then losing a predictable easy win where you players being slower, passive and have almost no desire to run.Is that what you mean ?
I deal with it as some sort of coding they made to make the game more dynamic to replicate real sport.
When that happens I try to force my play on CPU either by trying to keep possession for as long as possible or choose high defensive and hit them on counters.The joy I get from beating the odds , winning after bad form , keeping winning form is what makes this game special me.

My biggest annoyance is me and not the game lol. I just cant stop conceeding. I play on world class & nearly all manual. Im doing ok but can never keep a clean sheet. Doing my head in :CONFUSE:

My biggest annoyance is me and not the game lol. I just cant stop conceeding. I play on world class & nearly all manual. Im doing ok but can never keep a clean sheet. Doing my head in :CONFUSE:

You have to change formation and tectics depending on the situation in the game. Put a formation with 2 DM if you are winning the game after 70th minutes and change quick tactics to quick counter or possession. And put the team on ultra-defense too! Park the bus!!!

I wouldn't worry to much, just play the standard 4-2-4 formation on the game and you will bang in at least 3 a game.

Scoring isn't my problem. I probably get 3 on average per game. Just keep conceding silly goals.

Really? Try playing the game on default then without making it miles easier with sliders. We're essentially playing two different games, yet you quite rudely and unenccearily claim I'm the one with all the problems.

Here's an example. I beat Newcastle 3-0 at home. I then beat Newcastle 5-0 at St James' Park. Two matches later I played them in the FA Cup semi final at Wembley - right from the off they were sprinting faster than all my players, knocking all my players off the ball, a totally transformed team, not in any way down to football but because they could run faster and won EVERY tackle. Every loose ball fell to them, and despite me beating them 8-0 in my previous two games they went into a ridiculous 3-0 lead after just half an hour. The best bit? The 70-something rated Newcastle left back scoring a 35-yard bycicle kick. And people on here claim it doesn't boost? Do me favour.

If people claim it doesn't boost then try playing the game on default settings rather than making it easier via slider set ups.

Suuup is right that this game has its wild swings in difficulty. I play with default settings too, though on Legendary, and I've experienced what he's talking about: you can destroy a team one game, and get destroyed by them the next. Though this isn't entirely unrealistic, it seems to lack any rhyme or reason. So I do agree with Suuup: these wild difficulty swings are one of the game's biggest faults and points of frustration.

That said, I don't think Suuup is quite right in the way he presents the problem, and no offense to him, I think you can still counter/contain the CPU when it goes into its "god" mode, most of the time at least. In fact, this is probably the first time ever that I'm finding Legendary (on default settings) to be slightly too easy, and if it weren't for these boosts or dramatic difficulty swings (or whatever you want to call it), I'd rarely if ever lose a game.

For me, the problem isn't the CPU boosting itself, because as others have explained, it's a necessary evil for simulating variety, but rather the issue is that the game's defensive flaws are more apparent when the CPU is on the top of its game; i.e. the boosts would be fine if the defensive system was up to snuff. I think that you could also argue that these boosts are necessary because unfortunately the CPU AI really isn't all that intelligent (so these boosts are a counter to the unfair intelligence advantage that all of us have vs the CPU).

And remember that all players, including yours, can receive slight boosts (or the opposite) prior to a game depending upon form, morale, press conference choices, and I think home/away and important match influences too. So it's not as if the CPU is the only beneficiary of these boosts (it's just that the CPU isn't limited by the some of the defensive shortcomings we must play with).

This is why I don't consider the CPU to be cheating, because all the boosts and tactical options that the CPU uses are available to us as well. The problem, again, is simply that the defensive system isn't quite capable enough (and is the reason for so many of the multiplayer complaints too, like lofted through balls).

I think my issue is more that the boosting comes in the form of physical ability. Players of lesser size or speed can run you off the ball with ease etc. But then that's no different to PES' traits of making your defenders run away from the ball or the keeper doing something particularly rubbish.

Oh well. I've pretty much hit upon a tactical setup that is now hammering teams more or less, so it's all good - it's just disappointing that the blatant COM boosts are still there despite apparently having a new engine.

Well apparently the FIFA video thread is closed according to what I've seen, so here's a goal I scored earlier today during a Champions League match. I'm not sure I'm going to score a better one to be honest. The keeper is off his line because Mandukic is returning a keeper clearance with interest ;)

YouTube - SHAREfactoryâ„¢ 201405100009

Last edited:
I think my issue is more that the boosting comes in the form of physical ability. Players of lesser size or speed can run you off the ball with ease etc.

I don't see this happening so I'm not sure what you're referring to. It's hard for me to recall instances in which I thought the CPU had unrealistic or unfair physical advantages.

what a piece of shit overrated team Liverpool is in this game....that prick 150cm tall, 20kg Coutinho and Sterling tackles players like Diego Costa with ease, and Suarez got a balance of Lebron James. not to mention that Skrtel+Agger duo wich is the fastest defender duo on the planet it seems with their +90kg weight, yea right...i rather play against Real or Barca or Bayern, anything. even against the noob BVB team wich is all about pace

Suuuuupertalk, you really do need to take a break away from both PES/FIFA. It seems as if your life revolves around both games from your posts here.

Remember, these video games are for entertainment, to get away from the reality of real life. Some of you take it faaaaar too seriously, especially for grown men.

PES 2014 and FIFA 14 (NG) are superb games in their own rights but with many faults. This will ALWAYS be the case as long as I've got a hole in my arse.

Just enjoy them for what they are.

In other news, I am addicted to Ultimate Team now. Some of the kids with their first 11s including Aguero, Iniesta, Xavi etc yet have NO IDEA how to play half decent football.

I am very good at UT. I hate Career Mode (still so boring playing against EA AI, Konami games more realistic here - I saw Rio Ferdinand doing a roulette turn thing in his own area once, completely ruins the experience!)

Online Seasons is shit too. Everyone chooses Real Madrid and CHELSEA (by the way, Eto is super quick and Lampard is quick and strong, when has this been the case?!) I usually play as Spurs and guess who I meet 90% of the time? LIVERPOOL! Who are SOOOO OVERRATED now! Either them or DORTMUND. EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. Zzzzzzz

Ultimate Team is beautiful though. You really have to think about everything a little more. Plus, choosing your kit, stadia, manager is so much fun!

Suuuuupertalk, you really do need to take a break away from both PES/FIFA. It seems as if your life revolves around both games from your posts here.

Remember, these video games are for entertainment, to get away from the reality of real life. Some of you take it faaaaar too seriously, especially for grown men.

PES 2014 and FIFA 14 (NG) are superb games in their own rights but with many faults. This will ALWAYS be the case as long as I've got a hole in my arse.

Just enjoy them for what they are.

FFS I just discuss the game. It takes up a small percentage of my day to day life, in fact I only actually play the game a few times a week - and it takes a short amount of time to post on here.

Last edited:
I hate the phrase 'it's only a game'. These forums would be irrelevant if there was no indepth discussion. May as well have sticked with Sensible Soccer over the last 15 years if you don't think they're worth any form critical analysis.

I have no qualms about Supertalk airing his views. Only thing that urks me is the contant hopping from one extreme to the other. You went from waxing lyrically over the individuality/inertia etc. when you first picked it up, to now claiming both are completely absent from the game. Just comes off as a bit reactionary when you lose rather than a measured opinion.

I agree with that.Having too extreme opinions separated by a matter of days . Sometimes he claimed to nail defnding then the next post complaining about CPU players turning like Messi clones.

On another note, started playing yday using Pro camera.It has different feel to it.Draw two matches using it . Let's see how it goes from here.

Does anyone here play clubs on PS4? What about that manual club ?

wondering if we'll be able to play with default teams as im not a FUT player, by the QA and what they say in this video it seems we wont, but theres a part in the video that shows a menu called "FIFA world cup match" and than futher ahead they show a England x Germany default squads pre-match screen....

Last edited:
im not a UT player either, i thought it was default squads and you couldnt import anything..im just made up you can do a single player tournament in ps4 since the mode was removed

Picked up next-gen. It is a lot differnt to CG, surprised with how much I'm struggling online to be honest. I breezed to Div.1 on PC, but have only managed to win just one Bronze tournie so far.

The game feels a lot 'looser', there's an impression that anything can happen. One of my games I scored directly from a floated freekick that everyone missed.

I'm on PS4 if anyone wants a game: Lucifa-xYx.

What a bizarre game. I spend months and months doing my nut at it because I can't win at it, then all of a sudden I find a tactic and formation set up that works a treat. I win the Premier League with Spurs scoring nearly 100 goals in the process, on World Class, then go a week or so without playing the game and it's as if I've gone back in time. I can't win a game, barely get any chances, constantly get done over on the break away, and it seems to take me about ten shots on target to score one goal.

Rewind a few weeks back and I was going in at half time 3,4 or even 5-0 up at times, every cross I did resulted in a goal for my team, I was dribbling round players, scoring lovely goals involving neat passing and players busting into the box etc. Now, any teami play as seems to feel the same in at all my players are crazily awkward on the ball, like one game I cut across a defender with Diego Costa in the penalty area, and he basically stumbled and fell over whole in control of the ball without anyone near him. It happens with any team. Players keep running past my simple passes, the ball hits my players' heel as he runs onto the ball and he loses control of it etc etc. I'm using the same tactics as I did in my career mode, so I don't get it.

How's it possible to be terrible at the game, go a month or so where I hammer the game so hard it was laughable, then go straight back to losing all the time. It's a bizarre experience, this game, it really is.

Hi guys,
I have a curiosity and I need a honest opinion on what do you think. As I dont have the game but I only followed topics about sliders and read here and there moanings about momentum and too few ref whistles, can you say honestly if FIFA 14 (ng) is better to play than PES2014 and in what do you prefer?

Stabbing yourself in the eye with a chopstick you just removed from your rectum is better than playing PES2014 ;)

So yes I would vote that Fifa14 next gen is better than PES2014 ooold gen.

You couldn't be brighter..You play with custom sliders settings, default, you tried the same match on both.Please say more.:BYE:

Hi guys,
I have a curiosity and I need a honest opinion on what do you think. As I dont have the game but I only followed topics about sliders and read here and there moanings about momentum and too few ref whistles, can you say honestly if FIFA 14 (ng) is better to play than PES2014 and in what do you prefer?

I thought PES 2014 was awful after a lot of play testing. The goalkeepers alone ruined the game.
I honestly think that this year will be a defining year, next gen FIFA is already established and will improve, if PES doesn't do something spectacular then it will be continuing steady downward spiral or stagnation at best.

Back
Top Bottom