[Next Gen] Fifa 14 - General Discussion

Are you pressing Square for the replays? I've been trying that and it's definitely not working, even if I do it at the start of the replay.

This is so strange, I mentioned it in the CM thread but Lloris in this game is really odd. Ages ago I did a season in CM with Spurs and complained that Lloris was always palming out shots straight to the opposition, and they were getting loads of rebound goals off me. I stopped that CM, improved my defending, and recently started a Man Utd CM that I have now paused for a while. During that time I changed my defensive settings to 25 for pressing and defensive line, and I only conceded nine goals in 17 matches. I don't remember seeing a single rebound goal.

I restarted a Spurs CM and I've been shipping more goals than I ever have, with 90% of them coming from Lloris constantly palming it perfectly to on rushing strikers. It got so bad that I ended up dropping him for Friedel and low and behold, my defence has shored up quite a lot.

Why does this happen with Lloris? There's nothing in his stats to suggest this, or the Spurs defence in terms of reactions, positioning etc. It's really strange. In my CM I'm gonna sell Lloris and bring someone else in.

Last edited:
This is so strange, I mentioned it in the CM thread but Lloris in this game is really odd. Ages ago I did a season in CM with Spurs and complained that Lloris was always palming out shots straight to the opposition, and they were getting loads of rebound goals off me. I stopped that CM, improved my defending, and recently started a Man Utd CM that I have now paused for a while. During that time I changed my defensive settings to 25 for pressing and defensive line, and I only conceded nine goals in 17 matches. I don't remember seeing a single rebound goal.

I restarted a Spurs CM and I've been shipping more goals than I ever have, with 90% of them coming from Lloris constantly palming it perfectly to on rushing strikers. It got so bad that I ended up dropping him for Friedel and low and behold, my defence has shored up quite a lot.

Why does this happen with Lloris? There's nothing in his stats to suggest this, or the Spurs defence in terms of reactions, positioning etc. It's really strange. In my CM I'm gonna sell Lloris and bring someone else in.

That's really odd but the same exact thing happened to me. My very first CM was with Spurs and I had tons of Lloris rebound goals scored against me. I'm pretty sure I complained about it here too - I think I even sent a rage tweet at EA about it! - and I think I just chalked it up to my team being on poor form or something.

Very odd cause like you said, I haven't really experienced anything like it other than with Lloris. And people say there's no individuality in FIFA!

That's really odd but the same exact thing happened to me. My very first CM was with Spurs and I had tons of Lloris rebound goals scored against me. I'm pretty sure I complained about it here too - I think I even sent a rage tweet at EA about it! - and I think I just chalked it up to my team being on poor form or something.

Very odd cause like you said, I haven't really experienced anything like it other than with Lloris. And people say there's no individuality in FIFA!

Yeah I had the same conversation with you a while back but put it down to coincidence at the time. I think it's part Lloris but also part of my defence, since Chiriches has played it's improved loads, stick anyone from Vertonghen, Dawson or Kaboul in there together and they're a shambles. On many occasions just a simple ball down the middle causes a goal because they open up before the play reaches them and stand miles off the strikers.

I also went with a flat 4-4-2 (Leeds' default formation) as it worked well in friendlies - big mistake. Without a dedicated DCM in this sitting deep the play is way too open and I ship a lot of goals.

I thought I'd checked his traits but maybe I missed that. Either way, he's on his way out, I don't do keepers who punch rather than catch!

That's due to PES syndrome xD.

Don't make mistake with replacing Lloris with ter Stegen though (overrated prick on FIFA :D). He is just as bad or worse :LOL:.

That's due to PES syndrome xD.

Don't make mistake with replacing Lloris with ter Stegen though (overrated prick on FIFA :D). He is just as bad or worse :LOL:.

Really? I was genuinely thinking of trying to sign ter Stegen! Guess I'd better rethink who to sign then. But I can't keep Lloris, you could have seven players in your penalty area to their one striker and he will be guaranteed to deflect a shot right into his path.

It's true there's hidden trait.When my gk Robinson retired the 2nd gk was good but kept punching the ball too much.So bought another keeper to be my no.1 .
Also checked there's selfish trait which my ST Goodwillie has and it impacts his form and he's insecrue if other strikers score more than him.

Jordan Slew has Break defensive lines trait that's why he always running behind defences.
On another subject, I won my 1st trophy Capital one with Blackburn after 4 years.

Every game I play online is at home even though I change the jersey to away which was suggested on here earlier. Anyway to play as the away team? Confused.

I don't get it. I looked up Dawson and then Mangala, and Dawson's defensive stats look better. But in FIFA he's nowhere near as a good a defender as Mangala. What are the key differences then? Just pace and strength?!

Not playing any FIFA tonight, just been to see my team absolutely f@&k up winning the Confernce title today. Football is shit :RANT:

I don't get it. I looked up Dawson and then Mangala, and Dawson's defensive stats look better. But in FIFA he's nowhere near as a good a defender as Mangala. What are the key differences then? Just pace and strength?!

Not playing any FIFA tonight, just been to see my team absolutely f@&k up winning the Confernce title today. Football is shit :RANT:

http://sofifa.com/en/14w/p/c?position=5&rand=4724.768928717822

There's a comparison (maybe you looked at that already), Mangala's has better physical and mental stats and is nearly as good at tackling. I bet it's Dawson's woeful acceleration and agility that makes the difference to how they feel.

http://sofifa.com/en/14w/p/c?position=5&rand=4724.768928717822

There's a comparison (maybe you looked at that already), Mangala's has better physical and mental stats and is nearly as good at tackling. I bet it's Dawson's woeful acceleration and agility that makes the difference to how they feel.

Maybe that accounts for why Dawson drifts away from the man he marks so much when the COM plays a simple long pass down the middle or over the top. The problem with the Spurs defence in FIFA seems to be off the ball when not controlling those players.

Last edited:
Yeah, it could be his inferior interceptions rating causes him to read the play badly, then his terrible agility/acceleration doesn't give him much chance to recover?

Also, one difference I've noticed between next-gen and current-gen, bit annoying this one:

In current-gen in the arena practice match mode, all players have unlimited stamina. In next-gen it runs out so after a little while (shorter than you'd think, too) you have to reset the game mode by exiting out to the 1v1 mode or the main menu.

Also, one difference I've noticed between next-gen and current-gen, bit annoying this one:

In current-gen in the arena practice match mode, all players have unlimited stamina. In next-gen it runs out so after a little while (shorter than you'd think, too) you have to reset the game mode by exiting out to the 1v1 mode or the main menu.
I'm on PC and the players don't have unlimited stamina in practice match mode. They do tire very easily, yes.

I'm on PC and the players don't have unlimited stamina in practice match mode. They do tire very easily, yes.

Maybe it was in 13? I definitely remember playing around in practice match mode and being pleased that they'd given us unlimited stamina. Maybe I'm going crazy...:EMB:

I have just got Fifa 14 on Xbox1 i also have it on PS4. I started a career on XB1 and got a message warning me about my foul mouth outbursts on the sideline. And the club was a family club and would sack me if it continued. I only remember calling the ref a 'Blind cunt' anybody had this?

We'll there you have it, I got fired by Spurs after less than one season, I was sitting in tenth place. My final game pretty much told the entire story of my experience with the game, I spent the entire match dominating the play, struggled and struggled to get anyone to move off the ball, managed to get 1-0 up, then three minutes from time out of nowhere he Norwich CB smashes a 60-yard ball from his own penalty area, as the screen scrolls right to left I realise the CF has completely walked away from my CB and is through on goal.

What on earth can you do about the lofted ball over the top? It seems to just default to the attacker. Again, and again, and again. I tried altering my defensive line, pressure, everything, and nothing works. When the game needs to pull a goal out of the bag it pretty much does this tactic by default.

I also don't understand the movement off the ball. I was playing with the Bayern and Dortmund formations at various times with their default tactics set up as quick tactics, and then I had the likes of Gourcuff, Paulinho, Eriksen in the middle and yet they all pretty much just stand around doing nothing until I have to prompt them manually into moving around. And at the back, nothing seems to make my CBs actually mark their players at vital times.

Last edited:
I have to say, I'm seeing none of this in my game ST. What difficulty? I've been playing on World Class and it feels about right for me.

Only a couple things I'd change right now:

1) Holding RB, the button that makes you stop on the ball, the players do that neat thing where they waggle their foot, but they all use their right foot, even if they're left-footed. Really minor thing but it bugs me!

2) Even with pressure turned up to 100 in the custom tactics, there are still times where I feel like I'd need to be controlling 2 players at once to intercept the ball. You can force the AI to pass right by one of your teammates and they won't move that one step to intercept.

We'll there you have it, I got fired by Spurs after less than one season, I was sitting in tenth place. My final game pretty much told the entire story of my experience with the game, I spent the entire match dominating the play, struggled and struggled to get anyone to move off the ball, managed to get 1-0 up, then three minutes from time out of nowhere he Norwich CB smashes a 60-yard ball from his own penalty area, as the screen scrolls right to left I realise the CF has completely walked away from my CB and is through on goal.

What on earth can you do about the lofted ball over the top? It seems to just default to the attacker. Again, and again, and again. I tried altering my defensive line, pressure, everything, and nothing works. When the game needs to pull a goal out of the bag it pretty much does this tactic by default.

I also don't understand the movement off the ball. I was playing with the Bayern and Dortmund formations at various times with their default tactics set up as quick tactics, and then I had the likes of Gourcuff, Paulinho, Eriksen in the middle and yet they all pretty much just stand around doing nothing until I have to prompt them manually into moving around. And at the back, nothing seems to make my CBs actually mark their players at vital times.

Don't play as Spurs - I swear they're cursed in this game.

The defensive AI can be real shit in this game at times, but honestly, the problems you have seem to be kinda personal to you. Yeah, it's hard to keep clean sheets in this game with default settings, but it goes both ways - getting behind the CPU defense and creating chances is really not that hard in this FIFA.

I for one have never had problems with my teammate attacking AI in this game - teammate runs are plentiful for me and the variety and sweetness of goals that I've scored is unparalleled by any game I've played before.

I'm on Legendary, just yesterday finished my second season with Schalke, and I finished 2nd to Bayern. I conceded a ton, but I scored the most in the league - by a big margin. My squad is good, but definitely not elite and lacks great depth.

If you're looking to start a new CM, I fully recommend Schalke - a very youthful side with some high potential youngsters (Draxler is a stud); I'd just get rid of Huntelaar asap.

I'd also recommend trying drunkenferret's slider set for assisted players over at Operation Sports - I haven't used them but I have a couple friends who use them, or something close.

Back
Top Bottom