Next Gen Consoles

Gran Turismo 6 will also have micro-transactions. I know it's a current-gen title but clearly Sony's famous racing franchise is open to this sales model too.

I find micro-transactions appalling for what it's worth.

Not that impressive with no real time effects. And that's on the most expensive system.

And what they're doing with forcing you to grind and spend money with micro transactions is shameful.

That's nowt to do with anything. You were talking about 1080/60 which forza does, so not sure of your point?

That's nowt to do with anything. You were talking about 1080/60 which forza does, so not sure of your point?

My point is, if 1080p, 60fps is what you're after, the One isn't the console for you.

Forza is the only launch exclusive that runs at that res, is plagued with micro transactions, and has had a significant downgrade in looks since the reveal to be able to run at 1080-60.

And expect more Xbox exclusives to not be 1080p because developers will go for visual effects and fps at the cost of resolution.

On PS4, Killzone for instance actually looks better now than on its reveal, and every launched and announced exclusive so far is 1080p, some at 30fps, some 60.

Gran Turismo 6 will also have micro-transactions. I know it's a current-gen title but clearly Sony's famous racing franchise is open to this sales model too.

I find micro-transactions appalling for what it's worth.

I can't stand them either, but I can ignore them if it's just an optional thing that doesn't affect the game experience. We don't know how they'll affect GT but the Forza review I read said the game is really geared towards micro transactions in that earning in-game credits is a long winded grind to earn, which is exactly what free minim games set out to do. That and scaling back the number of tracks and cars when they're available to buy separately put me right off that series. I just hope GT doesn't make it that obvious.

Forza release version versus Forza E3 build is a shocking difference.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Forza-5-Xbox-One-Graphics-Downgraded-From-E3-Build-60711.html

http://www.examiner.com/article/forza-motorsport-5-e3-build-and-final-version-compared

Thought games were supposed to improve from beta to final not get drastically worse, were these the sacrifices they had to make to get the game at 1080x60fps on the Xbone?

Obviously you never heard of Alien: Colonial Marines.

In regards to Forza 5, the E3 demo was running on devkits with higher specs than the actual Xbone, so yes sacrifices had to be made.

Last edited:
Yep I've heard of it and know all about the scandal of it, but that's a bit of a different case as pre-release footage was essentially a commercial for the Xbone to try and sell it.

My point is, if 1080p, 60fps is what you're after, the One isn't the console for you.

Forza is the only launch exclusive that runs at that res, is plagued with micro transactions, and has had a significant downgrade in looks since the reveal to be able to run at 1080-60.

And expect more Xbox exclusives to not be 1080p because developers will go for visual effects and fps at the cost of resolution.

On PS4, Killzone for instance actually looks better now than on its reveal, and every launched and announced exclusive so far is 1080p, some at 30fps, some 60.

Hard to say that 1080p is all that important when most reviewers considered Ryse the best looking game on both consoles. Many were calling it the only game that really looks "next gen' and the one game you'd use to impress your friends.

Hard to say that 1080p is all that important when most reviewers considered Ryse the best looking game on both consoles. Many were calling it the only game that really looks "next gen' and the one game you'd use to impress your friends.

Amongst the most technical graphics geeks, Killzone and BF4 on PC reign supreme, but Ryse is pretty good looking too.

Killzone even has amazing audio to go along with visuals:

YouTube - Killzone Shadow Fall MADDER Audio Processing Demo

And check out this thread from NeoGAF, with pics of games from WiiU, PS4 and Xbone:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=716795

Killzone is the most impressive to me. It has the cleanest look of all of them. But I really like sci-fi, so I'm biased.

And the Nintendo games really shine from an artistic point of view.

Last edited:
Forza release version versus Forza E3 build is a shocking difference.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Forza-5-Xbox-One-Graphics-Downgraded-From-E3-Build-60711.html

http://www.examiner.com/article/forza-motorsport-5-e3-build-and-final-version-compared

Thought games were supposed to improve from beta to final not get drastically worse, were these the sacrifices they had to make to get the game at 1080x60fps on the Xbone?

Wow, and this is Microsoft's flagship game.

I think it's about time these games are demoed on the actual machines they will be running on, not high-end PCs. Otherwise it's very much a case of false advertising.

The machines aren't ready to demo them plus these games are made on PC,s not consoles.
I have FIFA and Forza on the Xbox 1 both are amazing to look at and play the only ppl that are complaining don't have a next gen console yet,
The rest of us are busy :)

Back
Top Bottom