Next Car Game

R

Rob92

http://nextcargame.com

This looks like it's going to be an awesome game - it's by Bugbear Entertainment, the developers of FlatOut2 and FlatOut Ultimate Carnage which were really good.

There's a free tech demo here;
http://nextcargame.com/free-technology-demo/

The car damage system and building destruction is amazing, one of the most impressive game engines I've ever seen.

I just bought the early-access version that came up on Steam there which gives access to a second tech demo and an alpha that lets you do a couple of races/demolition derbies.

Here is a vid I just recorded in the alpha;

YouTube - Next Car Game Alpha - 3 Lap Race

It's Next Gen Destruction Derby!! Looking damn awesome. Can't wait.

Any news if it's only on PC or is it coming to the consoles aswell?

I'm glad you posted this thread as I was going to do the same. I'll be picking this up today as plenty of user comments compare this to Destruction Derby. That's good enough for me.

I believe the best price is buying direct from the developer.

this look real nice, i'm goin in, DD2 for sure was a classic. and multiplayer will be fucking mental especially if it got like a bowl mode..

Thought it looked boring and the physics were ridiculous.

If cars behaved like that in real life, thousands would die every year! Was watching a tarmac race and two cars nudged each other side-to-side (not hard) and one just rolled and flipped over like it was on the moon. This wasnt a glitch, looked like thats how it was meant to happen.

I know its still beta/alpha, so I'll leave it there!!

If cars behaved like that in real life, thousands would die every year! Was watching a tarmac race and two cars nudged each other side-to-side (not hard) and one just rolled and flipped over like it was on the moon. This wasnt a glitch, looked like thats how it was meant to happen.

Thousands do die every year :LOL:

Flatout was fucking brilliant.

Had a right laugh online with people off here.

I don't mind if this gets released on consoles, looks like it would probably have more success on them.

As long as consoles don't get the GTR games and other proper simulations like Assetto Corsa then I will be happy, as the hardcore simulation games are what I prefer and they will be dumped down like Forza.

I think I remember seeing on their blog/forums at some point that they want to bring it to the new consoles, but only if they raise the funds to do so.

It seems that it's being built around just being on PC at the moment though, which is a good thing - from playing the tech demo it seems like they would have to dumb down some of the physics/destruction for consoles and/or not have 24 car events.

Here's a video I captured from the second tech demo;

YouTube - Next Car Game - Sneak Peek 2.0

@pb - It's meant to be over the top with crazy stuff happening, that's what these devs do :P.

Last edited by a moderator:

It is exactly what this game meant to be, a total carnage.

Nice to see a quality and ambitious pure-arcade racer once in a while.

Really pleased with this. Picked it up yesterday so not had a huge amount of time with NCG, but first impressions are very good. It's just pure fun. This could be one of the very best online games if MP is done well.

Performance seems decent enough although I expect some optimisation in the coming months. I can hold 60fps for the most part, only dropping down when on the grid in a 24 car race, or when things get hectic with plenty of cars on screen in the arena.

I force triple-buffering using D3DOverider and force v-sync in the Nvidia drivers. May try adaptive v-sync and see if I can put up with screen tear.

Back
Top Bottom