Newcastle United Thread

It's not Ashley's fault lads, it's just the balance of order needed to be adressed in World Football. Think about it, since Newcastle were relegated Liverpool went from title hopefulls to well...Newcaslte really. Beginning of this season was a highpoint with the courtcase, but since then the team seem to be getting some balance back and the club is settling down again with results and play improving. So someone needed to step up and become the Joke Club of the Premiership tm. And really who else fits the needs as well as Newcastle.

It's all part of a bigger plan, so relax. ;)

Last edited:
I noticed before if you try to write 'Pardew' on your phone with predictive text on it comes up with 'raped' which is funny considering its the word that ended his career as a pundit.

I think FIFA or UEFa should protect football from this kind of people (yes, i know, how naïve can one be)and let them do a test before they can become owner of a football club (clubs like Newcastle, Liverpool, Man Utd, Spurs... in a way can be considered national heritage). I think it's not unreasonable to ask a minimum of intelligence, morality and sense of ethics of football owners (but then again, Blatter and his cohorts would be the first people to fail that test).

The Premier League does have a 'fit and proper person test' in place. Then again this same test allowed Thaksin Shinawatra to buy a club and he was later proved to be a criminal and as corrupt as they come.

Also:

Re: Pardew

:FAIL:

Alan Pardew would be a disaster from a dressing room point of view. Don't forget he sacked from West Ham after that carry-on with Carl Fletcher's wife.

And the rest. But, because of an injunction, I have to stress 'allegedly' :SMUG:

Pardew gave us one of our best seasons as manager, getting us to a cup final and a good placing in the league, winning some great games.
If things are going well, he can be a good manager, albeit a little tactically bemusing at times - decent in the transfer market and can get the best out of some players.
His problem, is his ego getting the better of him, but maybe he has grown up a little in that respect.
His sacking from Southampton suggests otherwise however.

Oh, and he's like a dog with 2 dicks, so every single female from Carroll's missus down to Brenda the 54yr old tea lady is not safe...

Let's get behind Pardew now then, all done and dusted now. Bitterly disappointing but need to move on and concentrate with staying in this league.

Hawayyyyyyyyyyy the Lads.

'Chris Hughton's sacking at Newcastle merely confirms what I have known for ages - in football there is no such thing as loyalty'

says....

wait for it...

have you guessed yet?...

Harry fucking Redknapp :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Harry fucking Redknapp :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ah, ol' Arry. Bless him. The biggest hypocrite in English football. Left Portsmouth for bitterest rivals Southampton, then back to Pompey again saying it would be his last job and he's here to stay, only to fuck off to Spurs at the first opportunity.

RE: Pardew's 5.5 year contract. At least he'll get one hell of a payout.

Last edited:
I understand Redknapp.
I don't think you can ask loyalty of players and managers.
i do think that clubs should act otherwise.

I honestly don't see the problem in the Pompey-Southampton-Pompey saga...after all both apparently asked for Redknapp..so why would he be the one to blame??? Both clubs were to blame, not Redknapp.

I understand Redknapp.
I don't think you can ask loyalty of players and managers.
i do think that clubs should act otherwise.

I honestly don't see the problem in the Pompey-Southampton-Pompey saga...after all both apparently asked for Redknapp..so why would he be the one to blame??? Both clubs were to blame, not Redknapp.

It's not just that one though is it? his last time at Portsmouth he spent a load of money and said it would be his last job and that he loved it there. Then he fucked off to Spurs at the first opportunity, before raiding Portsmouth for his old players. Before joining Spurs he also had an interview for the Newcastle job.

Also, yes you can blame him for taking the jobs he took. He said Portsmouth was his spiritual home, he left them to manage their bitter rivals (after saying he'd never do such a thing) and then returned later only to fuck them over again.

Redknapp is a sly, dodgy prick who gets away with murder because he's English (I don't think we need to go into his dodgy dealings and tax dodging). If he were a foreign coach he'd have been slaughtered by the press years ago.

Even recently he's said that if Capello resigns or gets sacked he wants the England job. The man is never happy to do a job, he's always looking for ways out.

The fact that you don't understand football rivalry and unbridalled passion for a club comes into play again her gerd, you'll never understand the feeling in English football and that's why you're supporting Redknapp here.

Last edited:
Redknapp is a sly, dodgy prick who gets away with murder because he's English (I don't think we need to go into his dodgy dealings and tax dodging). If he were a foreign coach he'd have been slaughtered by the press years ago.

Even recently he's said that if Capello resigns or gets sacked he wants the England job. The man is never happy to do a job, he's always looking for ways out.

Agreed. He should keep quiet on the the Hughton debacle because he's not best placed to talk about loyalty given his personal record. It's not just the way he's messed about various clubs that annoys me, it's also the way he treats players that are out of favour. Such as Darren Bent and Roman Pavlyuchenko. He behaved disgustingly towards those players and others. He's only portrayed as a popular manager because he has a lot of time for the press and, hence, they paint him in a good light.

Redknapp is a wheeler-dealer and a motivator, but not a top manager. God forbid he gets the England job because he's lacks the requisite tactical acumen for international football in my opinion.

Anyway, back to Newcastle.....

I agree with the way he behaves towards players.
And for the record, i'm a Spurs fan (well UJ will say i'm not) but i don't like Redknapp.

About loyalty towards clubs: don't forget that they are professionals and that most clubs have less ethics than players and managers. Besides most managers and players say that their (current) new club is the club of their dreams.

If you could earn more, would you stay with your current employer out of loyalty?
If your son was a football player and he played for your favourite club, but had the chance to earn more and play CL every year...what you want him to do? I wouldn't hesitate a second.

Apparently Ashley has written a clause into Pardew's contract removing any compensation if he sacks him.

Also, Pardew is an old friend of Derek Llambias and plays poker with him regularly, this is how he met Mike Ashley, so it seems he's put his mate in charge.

And the rest. But, because of an injunction, I have to stress 'allegedly' :SMUG:

Pardew gave us one of our best seasons as manager, getting us to a cup final and a good placing in the league, winning some great games.
If things are going well, he can be a good manager, albeit a little tactically bemusing at times - decent in the transfer market and can get the best out of some players.
His problem, is his ego getting the better of him, but maybe he has grown up a little in that respect.
His sacking from Southampton suggests otherwise however.

Oh, and he's like a dog with 2 dicks, so every single female from Carroll's missus down to Brenda the 54yr old tea lady is not safe...

At the same time as carrying on with Fletch's wife he was giving the PA / Secretary at Upton Park extra sessions too. Literally saw one in the car park, popped into his office and saw the other... as you say, "allegedly".

If you could earn more, would you stay with your current employer out of loyalty?
If your son was a football player and he played for your favourite club, but had the chance to earn more and play CL every year...what you want him to do? I wouldn't hesitate a second.

Of course. But Redknapp doesn't help himself with the things he says, such as 'Portsmouth will be my last managerial job'.

Ah, ol' Arry. Bless him. The biggest hypocrite in English football. Left Portsmouth for bitterest rivals Southampton, then back to Pompey again saying it would be his last job and he's here to stay, only to fuck off to Spurs at the first opportunity.

RE: Pardew's 5.5 year contract. At least he'll get one hell of a payout.

Don't forget the big brown paper envelopes..... ;)

Football is like banking. You get rewarded for failure. Left West Ham in trouble then Charlton all the while picking up fat payoffs.

No doubt he'll end up doing the same at Newcastle.

It's very unseemly and unethical. But hey that's just football. No wonder more and more people are losing interest.

0.jpg

Yeah, good lad is Joey. Shall be sorely missed. Cracking player but needs to screw his head on; on the pitch, at least.

Game in 10 minutes. TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON ARMYYYYYYYYYY

Back
Top Bottom