New Tennis Game: AO Tennis

After not winning a single game, I came up against someone in a Futures event last night and it was unbelievable, almost every game was going to deuce, and the first set ended up finishing 7-5 to him after I totally ran out of stamina.

Is there a way to manage stamina, by the way? I see the meter falling, but I don't know how to stop it falling (other than not hitting power shots, which I don't anyway, because they're useless - see below).

Also, does the stamina bar mean you don't have to power shots to the top of the bar as usual? (There's a lot I don't know, and that I'm guessing - the game's tutorials are so poor!)

Anyway, it was absolutely brilliant, really rewarding.

Another question - I want to up my power, but it's in the "attributes" section (which is different from the shot type section). When I do training events, I can boost my ability at certain shot types, but there's no option to boost your power etc. - is it a level-up thing?

Reading your post above @geeeeee I'm guessing it is - so what's the quickest way to do that?!

I am!

My point was that, whatever mine is right now, it should be enough to allow me to hit one real power-shot occasionally! It shouldn't have to be 80+ just so you can smash a ball when you need to (a rare occasion).

This is a brilliant tip, thank you - it helped me throughout the game I describe above!

I am really pleased that you are enjoying it Chris, and well done with your first game. Regarding Stamina I think it is just a case of using the points you get when you up your Level. Once you gain enough CXP points to up your level then you also get 9 points to use on the attributes. (I cannot actually check what screen it is because i am in the middle of the tournament I posted earlier and it won’t allow me to come right out into the ‘Main Screen’ until I get knocked out.)

You can use your points on certain attributes, one being Stamina. I don’t think you can do anything during the match apart from not constantly pressing the Sprint button (sounds like PES). I think during the breaks it goes up again. What I also do is select ‘Rest’ between matches. I never start a match unless I have zero Stamina used.

Regarding Attributes, yep like you said you need to Level Up. The best way to do that is by doing the training. Once you complete a training session you will see your CXP bar raise depending on if you was succesful at training or not. Once you go up a Level then you can use the points on your attributes. I think as you start to win matches then your CXP will go up quicker and you will earn more money too to spend on shot training.

I just won my first match wow what a game. It was the conclusion from my earlier video. I won the first set 6-4 but I then had a break from the game and lost the second set 6-1 because I was rusty. I just finished off today and won the final set 6-3. But it was quite tight because he broke me to go 2-1 up but thankfully I broke him straight back and then broke him again. It was so tense. He was tense too because he double faulted a couple of times and hit the net a few times too. I was almost shaking when he almost broke me back and during my serve I hit one into the net and I was hoping I won’t double fault but thankfully i didnt. I actually feel like I am playing real tennis sometimes with the tension, even the people that occasionally move in the background put me off heh heh.

This is such a good game. I was going to put FIFA on today but nope I was eager to get this match played. Glad I did.

Also after that match win I got +400 CXP for Match Result and +750 CXP for Performance Bonus. It all adds up :)

When you say smash the ball are you talking overhead smash or just hit it really hard?

In the second round of the tournament now and playing a guy from Croatia i think Darca is his name. He plays differently from the other guy and he won the first set 6-0. :(

Second set and i am serving first and he breaks me straight away. Then he wins his serve 2-0. That’s 8 games without a win for me. Then i make it 2–1 :) then he wins 3-1 (sorry rubbish reporting here) then it’s 3-2. But this is the point of all this in the next game i was really pressing to break his serve. It went to 6 or 7 deuces and it was cracking stuff. He was getting tired and i managed to break him :). That game lasted over 7 mins which is a lot in game time. I had to take a break at 6-0, 3-3. I will post the video of that game later. And finish the match tomorrow.

This is the best console tennis game for me without a doubt. :)

Two months in and I'm still not very good at this. I'm superb at drop volleys though, which is odd. Needs a patch to make them harder to pull off, I think. Still a great game though if you can look past the goofy animations and that flat forehand stroke.

Just won my first match - and then another match straight after. Into the third round of the Lisbon F1 event - but here's the thing...

If my input keeps getting completely ignored while my player stands there like a statue... I think I might snap the fucking disc in half.

It's cost me SO MANY POINTS.

Last edited:
I was hoping somebody here might now about PlayFace in AO Tennis. Is there any chance somebody can explain to me better than the instructions the game comes with how to use the feature to make players?

New patch is out. Patch notes:
Check out @BigAntStudios’s Tweet:

Back
Top Bottom