New Super Mario Bros. [DS]

jumbo

Premiership
30 May 2003
WE Heaven
What up ya'll. Anyone got / getting the game? I'm getting mine in few mintues.

It scored great on Gamespot (9.0), IGN (9.5) and other sites. Looks like the good old mario we got. Great shit. Old school loving.

Post impressions. I'll post mine later!

I've had it for nearly 3 weeks now and I'm already halfway into it (dont ask where I got it, you must have an idea :lol:). A brilliant game. They've kinda merged Mario Bros 1, Mario Bros 3 and Mario World into one game. I just love all the classic touches like how you have to jump on that flag pole at the end of each stage like in the first Mario game and having to find secret exits to levels to unlock hidden areas on the map.

I just completed World 1. Took me maybe 30 mins. There's 8 worlds.

+ plays just like the original mario NES, only a bit slower
+ 3d graphics are awesome
+ the old school feel is def. there
+ each level contains special coins and each world special levels that can be purchased by coins so nice replaybility

- levels are a bit too short
- i actually died quite a few times but the game doesn't appear to be hard
- easy boss battles

Nevermind, this game ain't easy. World 1 was easy. World 2 is drivin me crazy. I died like a 100 times in the last 2 levels.

Fuckin Mario man :) I love this game :D

Trust me, its only gonna get harder from here. Latter on, its almost gonna require you to memorise the whole stage and plan each jump. :lol:

mine aint here yet!!!!! Cant wait love de mario!

arrived today! what a gem of a game! Classic mario, doesnt get any better than that. thanks nintendo!

Last edited:
I'm on the last castle with the 'flipping' rooms, my enthusiasm for it has kind of died and I dunno if I'll ever finish the thing!

Twas great fun initially tho.

I completed it a while back, ive also got all coin stars on worlds 1 2 and 4 and im 1 star away from completing world 3 too

I am enjoying playing thru it. Its classic old school Mario and it does the job for me

Back
Top Bottom