New Starwars Franchise E3

embraceuk1

Original Member Since 2001
30 December 2001
Indiana USA (Scottish)
Nottingham Forest
This year at E3, Lucasfilm will be bringing gamers back to a galaxy far, far away. They plan to show off a brand new Star Wars game franchise during this year's E3. The first details of this project will be revealed shortly before the convention.

GameTrailers TV will give the world the first look at the game durign their pre-E3 episode on May 31st. Presumably we'll see a short teaser trailer. Then, on June 4th, GTTV will show off the first gameplay footage during their "E3 All Access Live" special at 10 PM EST.

"I am blown away by both the caliber of the team on this project and their bold vision for this new Star Wars title,” said Geoff Keighley, host of GTTV. "I can’t wait to introduce our viewers to this game and show off the footage that left my jaw on the floor when I first saw it."

Lucasfilm recently filed a trademark for the phrase Star Wars 1313. Some assume that it's the name of this new game. "1313" is supposedly a reference to Boba Fett, as he used the alias "CT-1313" during the novel Boba Fett: Maze of Deception. I'm a bit skeptical of these theories, because A) that's a pretty flimsy Fett connection and B) Star Wars 1313 sounds like a dogshit title.

That's not to say Boba Fett wouldn't be a good subject for a game franchise. The bounty hunter is easily one of the coolest characters from the films. A good chunk of his life wasn't covered in any of the films, so there's plenty of room for a developer to spin some tales about him.

Still, what I'd really love to see is a new space combat game in the vein of TIE Fighter or X-Wing Alliance. Those were some of the best games that LucasArts made but they never even bothered to re-release those games through Steam. Not really sure why LucasArts - or the gaming industry in general - decided to abandon space sims but I'd love to see love to see another X-Wing game with today's technology.

The fact that the game's going to be revealed on GTTV suggests that it's at least going to be targeted toward "core" gamers. I'm not expecting another Clone Wars game or a Kinect cantina dancing simulator.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Star-Wars-Game-Debuting-E3-42930.html

It will suck just like every Star Wars game every made.
Except for 4 exceptions
X-Wing Series
KOTOR
Jedi Knight 2
The 1980s arcade game

The rest were all complete pants.

The Rogue Squadron games were average at best, got overated as they were Star Wars games and the Republic Commando games were awful.

Next someone will say they enjoyed the Rebel Assault games.

The best news this could be is they are making a PC exclusive remake of the original X-Wing and Tie Fighter, which I doubt will happen.

I don't like star wars at all but I loved the battlefront games. I was gutted hearing the 3rd was dropped.

Yeah both look very heavily borrowed, but hey, you could argue that Unchartered stole from the original Tomb Raiders!

Either way, both the new Star Wars and Tomb Raider games look amazing, can't wait.

Both games look visually fantastic to the point I can't believe it's actual gameplay, amazing how far we've come. I love the shooting sounds in the Star Wars game too.

Yeah to think that both games are for current consoles, and if you think that the 360 is, what, five or six years old now, that's an amazing feat.

We have to hope that the nice graphics are carried over to console... but seeing as it's multi-console... we might be stuck with generic and not-as-high-as-they-can-be textures :(

So is the star wars video PC? Thought it must be, though I'm still amazed the Tomb Raider video is the Xbox version. For a six year old machine they're squeezing out some incredible stuff.

Yeah to think that both games are for current consoles, and if you think that the 360 is, what, five or six years old now, that's an amazing feat.

OK, I was originally wrong.
It has been confirmed that the version on show was the PC version.

"Their E3 demonstration used a high-end PC and showcased things no Xbox 360 can do." IGN.

I couldn't really tell much with the video but apparently it contains lighting and visual effects not achievable with modern consoles.

A bit OT, but if LucasArts are ripping of Uncharted (which I'm not sure they are, they should make a bloody Indiana Jones game already! Even if Uncharted has sort of taken over the adventure/archaeology market, along with Lara Croft, there is still room for Indy.

LucasArts has now be shut down, so this has now been cancelled.

Disney have decided to out source the Star Wars franchise so 3rd Party companies will now make the games. Probably a good thing considering all the decent Star Wars games weren't made by LucasArts.

Glad that happened, Lucasarts have been utter shite in the past few years. Every fan was begging for a star wars battlefront 3, but they just ignored for some odd reason and decided to make Star Wars Kinect and the force Unleashed.

A lot of games have been poor from what they have made.

Won't be shedding any tears over that 1313 game either.

Im hopeful someone decides to make a battlefront 3. As-long as its EA it will be good im sure.

1 useless greedy maker of shitty games less. their last good games were in the 90es.

Back
Top Bottom