New interview - explains edit mode, no bundesliga and may things

Having just bought a 360 primarily for PES6 and already having Winning Eleven 10 on PS2, I have to say I'm completely gutted that the edit mode sounds like it's going to be crappy on 360, I spend more time in there than playing the game, and I'd have expected it to be at least as detailed as the PS2 version, even if they are using new models etc.

I might not bother getting it on EITHER console now rather than wasting money on a mediocre version that annoys me because it LOOKS wrong.

"It'll be fixed in PES7" is such a pathetic cop-out, they're starting to sound like EA now.

it says that you can't edit players stats, so names you should be able to do then? right or wrong?

danhammer said:
it says that you can't edit players stats, so names you should be able to do then? right or wrong?

hmmm...

SXFuzz said:
there's already a screenshot of stats being modified (all the stats on one screen in two columns)

So what...Theres no bundesligue...unless you're German who gives a fcuk.
Personally I'm happier to have the International challenge mode instead of a german league that apart form 1 or 2 teams i'll never use.
At least the International challenge will have you play teams that can't be picked.
I'm sure all the good german players will still be in the game so I for one won't be growing gray hair over it.

i think thats a fair point as everything at the moment is just rumour. you somehow cannot see konami releasin a statement on the matter this close to release anyhow.

i cannot believe some of you want to buy fifa just because pro might not have the ability to edit kits. that is just insane. talk about kneejerk.

also if anyone bought the 360 just for pro evo likewise they are insane. u either buy the 360 because you think you will prefer it over the ps3 (as the ps3 isnt out you cant really judge between them) or you buy pro evo on the ps2 or xbox and then wait to see how the next gens do before making a next gen cole purchase.

im sorry but i still cannot get my head around people buying fifa just because pevo might not have a kit editor. have you seen how easy it is to score in fifa 2007 for a start- esp from half way line! no doubt the latest fifa installment is more fluid but to get a game just because if has licensed kits- thats going back to the main reason why people bought fifa in the first place- and why gamers stuck to pro evo because they wanted realism in their gameplay not in their graphics

JayM said:
I thought the International Challenge wasn't in the 360 version either?

I'm sure I've read somewhere that the International Mode is definately in 360 version.
Also we don't yet know what the shop in PES6 contains, so there might be a few gems in there (i.e. edit mode etc). Fingers crossed anyway.

Caniggia said:
There's no international challenge in the 360 version. I got the full version from Konami yesterday.
Edit Mode? Nobody has commented on editing boots,
All of the vids show editables similar to we10.

DON'T PANIC NOW BUT I JUST READ THIS ON WIKIPEDIA:

Pro Evolution Soccer 6 is set to be released on 31st March 2007 for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox 360 platforms. The PC, DS and PSP versions will follow on the 3rd April. The inicial release date was the 27th October 2006, but the makers feared that FIFA was going to out sell by millions, therefore this would be an embarrasment.

Shit!!

girish said:
i cannot believe some of you want to buy fifa just because pro might not have the ability to edit kits. that is just insane. talk about kneejerk.
HAHAHAHA!! Incredible!! Does anybody read any more, or does everybody just take the first three words and make up what they want to see?!

Everyone I've seen who prefers FIFA 07 over PES6 has preferred it FOR THE GAMEPLAY, and the GAME MODES. That means the passing is better than PES6 in their opinion, the freedom of movement is better than PES6 in their opinion, the shot control is better than in PES6 in their opinion, the amount of teams available and the amount of different things to do. NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: graphics, edit mode, sound, presentation.

If you prefer PES then great, no problem, but will people PLEASE stop making out that we're all graphic-whores or because we want an edit mode, or because it's in protest that PES6 doesn't have an edit mode. I am protesting about THE GAMEPLAY IN PES6 being practically the same as in PES5, as is everyone else I know who thinks it's a disgrace.

Last edited:
Jack, I have a suggestion.

Why don't you join here and leave us alone to enjoy PES for the next few months. There's a good chap. ;)

Jack Bauer said:
If you prefer PES then great, no problem, but will people PLEASE stop making out that we're all graphic-whores or because we want an edit mode, or because it's in protest that PES6 doesn't have an edit mode. I am protesting about THE GAMEPLAY IN PES6 being practically the same as in PES5, as is everyone else I know who thinks it's a disgrace.
:shock: :shock: :shock:!!Dude are u awake? making statements like that is just purely talking out of willfull ignorance to be truthfull with you mate, tbh that just exposes how legit your opinions should be regarded (if u ask me) :roll:. You know and i know and prolly virtually every single individual on this board (that has been fortunate to play the early french build of PES6) know, that it is an entirely different experience GAMEPLAY wise compared to PES5, i respect that its your opinion and all, but honestly mate its just absolutely ridiculous to make a comment like that, acceptable if you said winning eleven 10 but PES5? especially with u stressing gameplay!!, :roll:, personally?, i dont think so, not in a million decades :nono:

Okay, well personally, I can barely tell a difference. Nothing to do with ignorance, it's my personal opinion, and you're not respecting anything by saying "talking out of wilful ignorance". Try reading your sig.

Perhaps I've played WE10 for too long and I'm basing my thoughts on it from that too much, but as far as I'm concerned, WE10 is PES6 done properly and PES5 is PES6 without the horrible, HORRIBLE delay in the controls (in online games you NEED the most control you can get and they just do not respond any more until they feel like it - that is the most important thing, in my eyes, I play the game for multiplayer and it's like managing Tranmere, they do whatever they want to do when they want to do it - which isn't realistic if you're playing as a Premiership team or a national team).

psimonius said:
Jack, I have a suggestion.

Why don't you join here and leave us alone to enjoy PES for the next few months. There's a good chap. ;)
You wish :)

I cant see how he can come here and slate PES having the same gameplay, I for one cant comment on PES6 at all as I have played either, but I have only tried Fifa 07 PS2 and Fifa 07 Demo for the 360, and I dont see whats so good? The Gameplay is entirely the same, infact I think the gameplay is worse than the PS2 version, the PS2 one flowed better, the 360 was sluggish and didnt feel or play realistically at all.

But thats my opinion, im sorry Jack for dissing your game dont hurt me.

Hey, we're all allowed our opinions. I don't attack anybody for having an opinion, only those who have nothing to base it on and lie about it.

I'll have to chill out a bit, I'm giving myself a bad image here...

Why has none of the reviews mentioned any unresponsive controls?

I'd rather take the opinion of a reviewer who takes the game for what it is, rather then some random who takes the game for what it isn't.

I've not played WE10 (because it's not for me to buy!) so I know I'll love PES6 and it'll vastly different. I have no sympathy for those who think its too similar to WE10. Your own fault for being impatient and importing it.

Why do you think people should be punished for supporting the games company they love by giving them money and buying their product as often as possible? We love the game and we should be given an inferior product for buying every single version and showing steadfast support for the company, parting with our money on as many opportunities as possible? That makes us evil?

Which reviews are you basing you opinion on psimonius? The ones ive read have been very biased imo, as ive mentioned in the other thread were we are discussing it ;)

Jack Bauer said:
Okay, well personally, I can barely tell a difference. Nothing to do with ignorance, it's my personal opinion, and you're not respecting anything by saying "talking out of wilful ignorance". Try reading your sig.

Perhaps I've played WE10 for too long and I'm basing my thoughts on it from that too much, but as far as I'm concerned, WE10 is PES6 done properly and PES5 is PES6 without the horrible, HORRIBLE delay in the controls (in online games you NEED the most control you can get and they just do not respond any more until they feel like it - that is the most important thing, in my eyes, I play the game for multiplayer and it's like managing Tranmere, they do whatever they want to do when they want to do it - which isn't realistic if you're playing as a Premiership team or a national team).

You wish :)
Na mate i really respect everyone's (well most people's :p ) opinions, as i believe soo much in freedom of speech and all (A.k.a my sig..lol), but when someone states thier opinions, they also clearly say "in my opinion/IMO, personally.."excetra, but you said "I am protesting about THE GAMEPLAY IN PES6 being practically the same as in PES5, as is everyone else I know who thinks it's a disgrace." that to me is like you saying "its a known fact that pes6 is officially the same game as Pes5 and i'm just here to tell you that hard fact if you din't know", which was why i din't take it as your own personal opinion mate :)....

jack bauer said:
Why do you think people should be punished for supporting the games company they love by giving them money and buying their product as often as possible? We love the game and we should be given an inferior product for buying every single version and showing steadfast support for the company, parting with our money on as many opportunities as possible? That makes us evil?
errrmmm....pretty much.lol.....
On the real though, buying whats not meant for you IMO is not supporting konami, they purposely came up with the decision to make a different versions for the different regions,(its just like a 14yr old buying a cigarrete, cause they want to support RJ Reynolds or whoever :lol: ) i dont know about you but that dosen't really in the slightest hint at them wanting someone in europe to purchase the asian verion or vise versa, i persoally think purchasing thier game every year (if its good enough) is enough support... my opinion though ;)

Last edited:
tiktiktiktik said:
Which reviews are you basing you opinion on psimonius? The ones ive read have been very biased imo, as ive mentioned in the other thread were we are discussing it ;)

I don't understand what you mean by biased tho. If the reviewer didn't like the game, they'd say so. They don't owe anything to Konami. Just because they tell things as they are and aren't ignorant gamers with a lack of perspective, it doesn't make their opinion biased. :roll:

I'd like someone who's allegedly played the game to tell me who the commentators are. I know who they are, but I want these people that are supposedly playing it to tell me. I want to see how much shit they are talking.

psimonius said:
I don't understand what you mean by biased tho. If the reviewer didn't like the game, they'd say so. They don't owe anything to Konami. Just because they tell things as they are and aren't ignorant gamers with a lack of perspective, it doesn't make their opinion biased. :roll:
Surely somebody who's played the game for years and years, never looking twice at FIFA, giving Konami £120 a year for their games, and then playing PES6 and going "the FIFA 07 demo is better than this", is about as unbiased as you can get?

And before you ask, I'm ignoring your second comment because I'm not here to prove myself to anybody. I've made my point (several thousand times).

Last edited:
Well, Konami don't ask for £120 of your money every year. Infact, they only release 1 game in your region every year so that was £30 up until now. And people then feel they should complain because the latest PES isn't a completely different from the last iteration they bought a couple of months previously. Oh dear...:roll:

Just because you are a mug enough to keep buying all these versions may well mean you're unbiased if you prefer the current FIFA. To automatically make anyone that doesn't shell out £120 a year biased as they are sane enough to see FIFA is still relatively poor in comparison is stupid. Honestly, how dumb is that? It is their job to give a description as they see fit. They don't intentionally set out to praise PES just so FIFA looks bad. As it is, FIFA is good but still way behind PES. Their reviews support that fact.

My second comment wasn't aimed at you in particular but it is interesting that you avoid answering. Do you claim to own the 360 version?

Back
Top Bottom