New Image Resizer

Mart

Executive Janitor
Staff
28 February 2002
NYC
Darlington FC
As requested there is now an image resizer installed on the forums. It will automatically resize any images that exceed a certain size so will hopefully stop large images creating scrollbars or breaking the site layout for narrow users.

The full image still gets downloaded before the resizing takes place so you will need to wait for the page and all images to load to see it work. The original image can then be viewed by clicking on the bar that appears above it.

Finally, you can control the behaviour of the resizing in your User CP > Edit Options > Thread Display Options. You can choose whether or not to resize the images in the first place and then how to open the original images as well as choosing your own maximum width/heights if you don't like my default (Width: 800).

Let me know how it goes.

Absolutely bloody brilliant. Thank you for that.

Would you recommend that we post the full-size pictures now whenever we want to show something ginormous (e.g. 1600x1200) or still use a text-link to it to save loading time?

• Staff
Absolutely bloody brilliant. Thank you for that.

Would you recommend that we post the full-size pictures now whenever we want to show something ginormous (e.g. 1600x1200) or still use a text-link to it to save loading time?
Text link is better for loading times but it shouldn't matter that much. If a certain image is really having an effect I'm sure we'd deal with it as we needed to.

Good to see my idea was used :) nice 1 Mart, it makes looking at the threads with Pic's in much easier.

Back
Top Bottom