new dribbling style introduced in PES2012

only1ronaldo

My Season My Style
4 August 2005
Real Madrid
Couple of things noticed.

Guys did you notice that if your star player is standing still with the ball and you're not doing anything (with joypad) he will automatically start doing some tricks , stepovers for example 8-) Neymar does it for me all the time, it's pretty cheeky ; Average players do some balance moves

Second thing I noticed is really interesting if you want to improve your dribbling and creating better scoring opportunities, it's easy to execute and very useful, that's why I'm broadcasting this stuff as a separate thread - so you guys can get better :>

so there's new stat in PES2012 called Explosive Power (under speed tab), and I think it's directly connected to 4 new moves introduced in 2012 (they're also described in command menu when you pause match)

Burst
Burst 45
Running Burst
Running Burst 45

when playing towards -->)
burstcontrols.jpg

bigger pics

If you played some matches against CPU you probably saw those bursts demonstrated by CPU :SMUG: this is really fast lunge forward which is a lot faster than normal R1 run ; you can dash forward and accelerate with it in split second (reminds me of Messi style - jog with the ball --> instant dash, killing defenders on the way), you can go diagonally and create shot chance, so there's at least couple of methods to use it

Important thing is - you need some defender in front of you, it only works as a 1on1 action.

Explosive Power stat - in PES2012 demo there are plenty of players with high value - Hulk, Neymar, Robinho, Zlatan, and you probably seen them running at you really fast, Hulk (cpu) destroyed me many times, countless times :] Now I want to return the favor :PIRATE:

So yeah - high explosive power stat is very interesting addition, try it out, report if it works for you

Last edited:
People seem to be missing this thread big time. It really works! Give you that extra boost you see the CPU doing sometimes with skillful players. Can't always be used but it's there!

Nice one. Do you have bigger jpegs with the new moves? I find the small text very hard to read.

Good to know, kept seeing the CPU pull this off and was wondering the particulars. Ibra absolutely destroys me with this at times. He stutters then he's off!

I can't seem to do those consistently. Been trying so hard. Heard it only works when the opponent is near you right?

I can't seem to do those consistently. Been trying so hard. Heard it only works when the opponent is near you right?

yes he needs to be near you

you can execute it by pressing buttons at once but it works better if :r2: is pressed first and then the rest is tapped really quick one by one

so for example

:r2:-:r1:-forward tap them one by one quick and it will always work

there is better explanation of moves in pause menu-commands-tab number 6

yes he needs to be near you

you can execute it by pressing buttons at once but it works better if :r2: is pressed first and then the rest is tapped really quick one by one

so for example

:r2:-:r1:-forward tap them one by one quick and it will always work

there is better explanation of moves in pause menu-commands-tab number 6
How close near you? I am obviously doing something wrong, so I cann't do it.

If anyone can record a moves, it would be nice to see all :WORSHIP:

Why the burst cannot be by right stick, as in FIFA? Then it can be work with first touch as well. Now sometimes works, but sometimes works as super cancel, sometimes does not work.

So PES is not FIFA, why ex. L1+through pass is lofted through ball in FIFA nad PES, etc. Really stupid argument jammiedodger. Just see it would be useful.

Last time I checked, it was FIFA the one to rip off all the control schemes from PES a few years ago. So, yeah...

Konami does it like they think it's best. It's not an argument, it's a fact.

How can it work as super cancel if you're only supposed to use it when you have the ball?

Last edited:
Last time I checked, it was FIFA the one to rip off all the control schemes from PES a few years ago. So, yeah...

Konami does it like they think it's best. It's not an argument, it's a fact.

How can it work as super cancel if you're only supposed to use it when you have the ball?
When you do it quickly before receiving the ball to give you a quick push forward.

That is my point _anderson, let it be possible with first touch and with ball going from air as well. However, if you dont like right stick to this, let it be 2 x R1 and wanted direction to knock the ball ahead and let it always work, not as now - sometimes. Footballer always can do this, the matter is how (technique, agility).

Last edited:
Yes exactly, you don't need this system to do that first touch knock, R1 is all you need. I've also noticed it doesn't always happens, I've seen some people reporting that controls on PC are a bit unresponsive, might be because of that.

Back
Top Bottom