Celtic Thread

can´t say Celtic were the worse team... two major fuck ups by Ambrose cost them the CL.

It will take a miracle to turn this around..

Great game and kuddos to Juve, they were clinical and deserved to win.

thats lennons fault, ambrose probly on the beer since the ANC final

Is that Ambrose fella a regular? That was genuinely the worst individual performance I've seen at this level. Positionning, defending, passing, heading - even just keeping the ball - he was awful in every way!

I thought Celtic's passion was great, but thought they were very wasteful and were unable to create many useful chances.

Thought Juve were great at remaining composed and taking their chances. Matri played very well and is proving his critics wrong.

It's manager foult , guy just back on Glasgow yesterday a d he start him a day after ? After being so tired with his nt ! Stupid desision that coast them CL !

Btw why samaras didn't play ?

He was injured, we missed him big time.

Big Efe had a piss poor game, but I think he is very good.

I thought with the exception of our two full-backs our team played poorly though.

Never a 3-0 though, but Juve were clinical.

However god knows what that ref was doing at the corners, absolute shocking.

FD

Yeah I was going to say it looked like you had the Spanish Clattenburg as a ref.

_65857773_8369329.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone able to offer any feedback on the new Celtic signing, dutch boy Derk Boergetter (sp?).

Obviously you look on youtube and he's Pele, but just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on him?

TIA

FD

Anyone able to offer any feedback on the new Celtic signing, dutch boy Derk Boergetter (sp?).

Obviously you look on youtube and he's Pele, but just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on him?

TIA

FD

Going from Ajax to the Scottish league..even Celtic.seems a but of a lateral move to me rather than a step up. Never been that impressed with Boerigter the few times I've seen him play but at least Celtic should give him some additional exposure if he manages to make an impact.

Injured in his first game, bit worrying considering he came over with the nickname 'Sicknote'. Oh dear.

Also the other Dutch lad Virgil Van Dijk, injured too.

Maybe we've bought the Glassworks from Holland?

What I saw of Boerrigter at the weekend was impressive though, very quick and was in and thereabouts in the box too, think he'll score a lot up here.

FD

Good result for Celtic last night.

The team was full of youth and players on the fringe against a first team Liverpool.

Mind you when we started making subs, I didn't even know the players we were throwing in.

Young Irvine in the midfield was brilliant.

FD

Good result for Celtic last night.

The team was full of youth and players on the fringe against a first team Liverpool.

Mind you when we started making subs, I didn't even know the players we were throwing in.

Young Irvine in the midfield was brilliant.

FD

Liverpool missed their CB pair Agger and Skrtel.. Wisdom played first time a CB and Balde was to much for him...

but i agree, i liked Celtic´s performance.. the team is to big for SPL imo...

edit: Zaluska was also great in first half..

Last edited:
Good comeback last night, good that we're through and no doubt the money will come in handy.

although think we have seriously weakened our squad this year and last year's progression looks a long way off this year.

But guess it's just great to have that invite to the party.

FD

Not the best start to the CL, not expecting much tbh and all the flaws I thought we had, looks like rearing it's head.

Poor result against an off-form Milan.

FD

Two late goals = typical for Ac Milan.
Last year Anderlecht played them and in both matches Anderlecht were equal in the run of the game, but they ended up loosing both games...i guess it's an art....

Does Celtic have much player in your national team Frank. To be honest i was a litle bit shocked how weak your national team was against Belgium.

I had a feeling that Belgium might have lost points in Glasgow: both first choice CB's were injured, Hazard wasn't playing and Van Buyten did start , Scotland having won in Croatia and Strachan being a very good manager...but all in all Scotland didn't have asingle chance apart from one longe range attempt...

Were they uncharacteristically weak againt our team (because a couple of days later they won against Macedonia and that wasn't a bad team in both matches against Belgium).

And now i heard Caledonia Thistle Inverness are top of the league (Celtic with a game in hand if im' not mistaken), is there something wrong with Celtic ?

Not sure what happened to my post from yesterday.

I think our national team is actually getting slowly better, Belgium are a good team and are already at the World Cup (I hope I'm wrong, but I predict they will bomb in the World Cup, they have so many class players and they are being praised to the heavens, it's typical of this to happen when a team is so highly praised and they fail big time, as I said hope I'm wrong though).

The central midfield pair were from Celtic last week, I actually thought they did really well, there was also a few players out injured so whilst Belgium had players out, so did Scotland and we'll miss players far more than Belgium with the strength of the squads put together.

As for the league, it is ICT at the top, but that won't last long, we drew with them so that's why they are top for the moment. It'd be great to see a race for the title, but it ain't gonna happen for a while.

FD

Not the best start to the CL, not expecting much tbh and all the flaws I thought we had, looks like rearing it's head.

Poor result against an off-form Milan.

FD

Mate, you guys were great. It's not an off-form Milan, it's what the current Milan has become under Allegri. Sad times for us. Napoli, Roma, Fiorentina, Juve and Inter will all do better than us this year.

Nah, not really much into glorious failure now, following Celtic and Scotland you get a lot of that, so I'm kinda all out on that feeling now.

Think we might get 1 or 2 points from the group in the end.

Pukki - I'd rather we signed the boy from Iceland who plays for Herenveen, but looks like we have Pukki. He's scored a couple of goals, although he did play the other night when we got knocked out the league cup with a team in the 1st division who are second bottom at home.

I'm not a big fan of Lennon the manager, I'd rather we replaced him as he looks like he never learns and a lot of his buys have been very poor.

FD

Hard game for Celtic tonight in CL against Ajax.

Celtic have lost a lot of players though through injuries and suspension and even some of the other guys who have came in are not fully fit.

Is going to be an interesting night.

I think it will be a draw personally but if Celtic have any hopes of Euro footy after Xmas they need to win this one.

FD

Certainly was, all things considering, probably not really deserved but personally I think we've deserved a little break and maybe that came for us tonight.

FD

Not sure of the 100% accuracy of this, but I guess it ain't a million miles away.

% pts Won at Home in CL Group Stages since 2001. Barca 84%, Madrid 79%, Chelsea 78%, CELTIC 76%, Man U 71%.

Considering Celtic's standing in the seedings that is an awesome record, we're 3rd at best, mostly 4th seeded in the groups too.

FD

Won the league, as was going to be the case.

Good performance to do so as well.

Pity about the cup ties, wasn't overly worried about Europe, as knew it'd be hard as we've been punching above our weight for a long time.

FD

LOL..................

Godotelli - I do and I don't, wouldn't like to leave Scottish Football, as we're Scottish, but with the money from the EPL, obviously that would be good. It would be a huge culture shock to the team and also the fans not to get used to winning stuff, but with the potential could because a decent force in EPL, just my opinion.

The squad is well short, with the exception of a few players I don't believe we have EPL standard players, or at least decent EPL players (going by some of the players I see play in EPL).

FD

So Neil Lennon is away. Not overly worried as I think he was a seriously flawed manager. Wish him all the best though.

We're set to pick up some Norwegian guy Delia or something, not impressed but willing to give him a chance. 38 is very young though.

We're also by the looks of it signing a 31 year old goalie who hasn't played in 3 years because of injury, as no doubt Forster is to be sold. I also fear big Virgil Van Dijk will be sold too.

FD

See Southampton have made a derisory offer for Fraser Forster, £3.5m, absolute joke, considering the amount of money they got for players, some that I wouldn't even want in the Celtic team.

Complete Joke.

FD

Back
Top Bottom