Celtic Thread

:mrgreen: LOL...........

btw so in a local paper that Celtic have reportedly offered DLP £42k per game for a 10 match contract. :shock: :l Fook that, that's way too much, supposedly Espanyol have only offered about half that amount, seems he's more happy to stay in Spain though. His agent said he was going to talk to Celtic though. Maybe DLP should think before he comes though, going by what's happening to Michael Gray, waste of wages or what!

FD

That's silly money, I think Henke is on a similar amount, and at the end of the day DLP doesn't need to play well to get that he just needs to play. I think it's mince though, can't see them being willing to pay out £420,000 to get ten SPL games out of a player who hasn't kicked his own arse for about 4 years, not to mention one who isn't fit.

Absolute CANTER!!! Woooo hooooooo!!! Top of The League!

Sutton and Varga were superb, young Liam Miller put himself about which was good to see, and overall a well deserved result.

1. Celtic
======

Excellent, defence was superb, as was the whole team and really we could've won by a couple more if it wasn't for Santa Klos.

FD

Yeah and to top it off the current buns could only scrape a draw at Well, I could have scored some of the chances those diddies missed!

Team should be on a high, but remember Bayern couldn't beat Anderlecht away from home and Lyon needed a dodgy penalty at home to beat them, so this will be very tough IMO.

I had just about forgotten that till you brought it up :oops: .

Seriously though, although we were mince I don't rate Anderlecht, after he sent the boy off he was never going to give us any 50/50's all night but we should still have won the game. It was the worst performance by us for a long long time. Nevermind, there's always tonight to look forward to :D.

Classic, i saw Anderlecht-Celtic and although i liked the match, i can assure you that Anderlecht can do better than what they showed in that match...
particularly Aruna played beneath his usual standard...
I'm not saying that Anderlecht will win or draw in Glasgow because i think Celtic is a very strong home side...

I know m8, I don't doubt Anderlecht can play better than that either. But I think your coach is making a bit of a mistake by claiming he does not even need to scout Celtic for this game, because he says he already knows how they will play. That is the kind of thing teams said to us last year in the UEFA Cup.

I know Anderlecht can play better, but I also know one thing for sure - Celtic cannot play that badly again, it was one of the worst performances since Martin O'Neill took over, more than 3 years ago.

Yeah apart from the Porto game that was as bad as it gets. The whole team with the exception of Hedman and Bobo (although his mis-placed header partly lead to the goal) where awful, Henke included.

I think we'll win 1-0, close game it will be.

FD

Long time no see Frankie Bhoy :mrgreen:.

I think Larsson will break his duck for this season's CL tonight, I hope he will anyway :).

Of course I want a victory, but I also would like to see a clean game, not a game decided by a dive (from either side) or a poor refereeing decision.

Forza Fatboy Hartson.

Forza fatboy Hartson has been woeful recently. The thing is MO is trying to work his whole game plan around him and this is what is leading to the problems, playing people out of position. I'd go with a 4-4-2 and just say to BBJ that the team has to play with it's top two strikers at the mo and leave him out. His fitness is still bad and our CL can't depend on him getting run outs in games of this magnitude (hehe....like that one).

FD

Yup, I agree 100%, playing a front 2 of Larsson and Sutton with Miller, Petrov and Lennon behind would suit me fine. Miller adds a lot to Stan's game for me. If we play both Sutton and Hartson the game is played high from back to front and the midfield is bypassed.

He has been sh­it recently, I'm trying to spur him on here ;). Although when he's fit and working a bit harder I like him. At the moment he's unfit and not bothering his fat flabby arsecheeks.

i hope you put in a better performance than that bunch of muppets last night, although that wouldn't be hard...

Fan-fu­cking-tastic.

If Celtic beat Bayern @ home in 3 weeks, the last game is irrelevant (I can't see Anderlecht beating Lyon at home AND Bayern away), and Munchen are out.

Brilliant performance in the first-half, the job was done and in the second they just let Anderlecht have the ball. I don't care how picky I sound it was never a PK the wee sh­ite did it again, was clipped outside the box then ran about 5 yards and decided to lose the power in his legs. Mornar totally bottled the PK, shame the defense couldn't pick up on the SECOND rebound, well done Hedman, he had a good game. I thought Bobo was maybe a bit overexcited at times tho.

Hartson was brilliant, my "Forza Fatboy" slogan worked a treat, and I also tipped Henke to open his CL account for this season ;). Kompany was torn apart tonight, unsure about the third goal but he was nowhere on the first, though it was a class header. On the second Hartson held him off and set up Miller, another class finish.

2003-11-05%20^%20celtic%203-1%20anderlecht%20(home).larsson1.jpg

2003-11-05%20^%20celtic%203-1%20anderlecht%20(home).larsson2.jpg

2003-11-05%20^%20celtic%203-1%20anderlecht%20(home).larsson3.jpg

2003-11-05%20^%20celtic%203-1%20anderlecht%20(home).miller1.jpg

2003-11-05%20^%20celtic%203-1%20anderlecht%20(home).sutton1.jpg

2003-11-05%20^%20celtic%203-1%20anderlecht%20(home).o'neill1.jpg

HAIL! HAIL! THE CELTS ARE HERE! WHAT THE HELL DO WE CARE NOW!
FOR IT'S A GRAND OLD TEAM TO PLAY FOR! FOR IT'S A GRAND OLD TEAM BEGAN!
AND IF! YE KNOW! THE HISTORY! IT'S ENOUGH TO MAKE YOUR HEART GO OHHHOHHHHOHHHOHH!
WE DON'T CARE WHAT THE ANIMALS SAY! WHAT THE HELL DO WE CARE!
FOR WE ONLY KNOW THAT THERE'S GONTAE BE A SHOW AND THE GLASGOW CELTIC WILL BE THERE!

AND THE GLAAAAAAAAASGOW CEL-TIC WILL BE THERE!

What a performance from the Bhoys, 2nd half was to be expected, but we could've been 5 or 6 up at half-time. I thought the foul was outside the box myself, and to be honest I hate this little guy so much, I hope someone snaps his legs and ends his career now. Dives about all day, think's he's some tough nut and really he should've been sent off last night for a multitude of dives, retaliating twice to Sutton and Gray and obviously the hand-ball where he was booked.

I feel if we win then that's us through, however as long as we avoid defeat we have a chance. Just means we have to goto Lyon and win, hopefully they'll have qualified and won't bother their arse too much with the game. Worst scenario is obviously Bayern and Lyon winning.

And CD, think we'll leave our management skills to CM4, old MO plays BBJ and he plays a blinder. :mrgreen:

FD

Yep bring on the Bayern alrite...........preferably without Makaay, Pizzaro, Kahn, Lizarazu and Ballack for starters. :mrgreen:

FD

Did you Celtic boys enjoy watching United stuff Rangers in the Champions league? Did you hear us chanting "Welcome to the Premier League" from the Stretford End?

:mrgreen: LOL..................it's always hard trying to understand you English lot, but I thought I also made out a chant along the lines of 'Premier League, your having a laugh'. :mrgreen: That was quite good too.

FD

Been a while since anyone posted here, so a nice cheery singalong should help:

THE NEW RANGERS ANTI-BIGOTRY SONGBOOK.

BORROW BORROW

BORROW BORROW WE WILL BORROW MILLIONS
ANYWHERE, EVERYWHERE WE WILL BORROW ON
DUNDEE, HAMILTON WE’D EVEN TAP THE VATICAN
IF WE GO TO DUBLIN WE WILL BORROW THERE.

FOR THERE’S NOT A BANK LIKE THE BANK OF SCOTLAND
NO NOT ONE AND THERE NEVER SHALL BE ONE
THE BANK MANAGER KNOWS ALL ABOUT OUR TROUBLES
WE’LL SELL SELL SELL TILL THERE’S NO ONE LEFT
FOR THERE’S NOT A BANK LIKE BANK OF SCOTLAND
NO NOT ONE AND THERE NEVER SHALL BE ONE

UP TO OUR KNEES IN DEBT

HELLO, HELLO WE’RE 70 MILLION IN DEBT,
HELLO, HELLO WE’RE NOT INSOLVENT YET,
WE’RE UP TO OUR KNEES IN MURRAY DEBT
SELL PLAYERS OR WE’LL DIE
FOR WE ARE THE POOREST CLUB IN SCOTLAND

:D.

Can't wait for the big game tonight, live on BSB Sky Movies + or is it Channel 5? The Timaloids against the Jagaloids, the Brilliant Bhoys against the Maryhill Magyars. Hopefully Bobby Petta is playing tonight, although I have a feeling he's pumped one of MO's little lasses, that's the reason I think he's being shunted well out the pictures.

FD

lol, been a lot of talk on ETims about the man Petta. Some corkers on there "dabbling with the talcom", "at least with Petta you know you'll get a white Christmas", etc :).

Petta is fecked, only reason MON played him vs Fulham pre-season is cos it was in England and it was on Sky, so the potential for buyers was higher. Shame, because I think he's capable of giving us something different.

It's on 5 I think.

Back
Top Bottom