Celtic Thread

and I know the large majority of Rangers fans are not like this either.

He isn't like that either, it's more like he pretends to be like it, like I pretend to be a German.

He's like that behind his monitor............

Supposedly Celtic have offered DLP a contract, according to his agent. Although could be a stunt to try and get teams that are interested to act quicker or to get more out of the Qatar team.

Here's hoping.

And as for tonight:-

GO ON THE HOOPS!!!!!!! :D

FD

Mon the hoops for tonight!

This DLP thing is dragging on a fair bit, I'd still take him mind!

m8's bro was @ the U21 game a few days ago, said Gray looked good, while Dani showed some nice touches but didn't look like someone who could control a game like DLP did on his trial. Guess it's wait and see.

What you think about the team tonight FD? I think we have to go 4 at the back, we might still get ripped apart but we're on a humping with 3.

Full-time...

FC BAYERN MÜNCHEN 2-1 CELTIC FC

baldemakaaypop.jpg

"Defeat is cruel on Celtic - who deserved more from this performance."

Sorry but I can't stop smiling! :D

Yeah celtic were really unlucky, I thought they played really well, and deserved at least a point from the game, although credit to bayern for not giving in. Hedman... man..... cmon!

Anyone see ballack swandiving again.... swear to god did he think there was a scout for the german swimteam in the crowd or what.

going into the game i think alot of people wrote celtics chances off, and i wasnt too optimistic either... but after they scored i thought they were onto a winner, had they lost 2-0 without that glimmer of hope then i think it would have been alot easier for the fans to swallow, but when you flaunt with victory like that, in that kind of stage, being defeated is the worst thing ever & i felt sorry for them.

apart from that , its looking good, i have no doubt they will progress from that group if they play the way they did tonight. hopefully theyll gub the germans at home, wipe the smile off that cocky arrogant fuck kahn.

foxtrot_yankee said:
Full-time...

FC BAYERN MÜNCHEN 2-1 CELTIC FC

baldemakaaypop.jpg

"Defeat is cruel on Celtic - who deserved more from this performance."

Sorry but I can't stop smiling! :D

Why is that? Id rather have my team competing with the top team in Germany and outplaying them for the majority of the match rather than flukeing 2 goals at home and play piss poor! :D

ANYWAY! WHEN ARE OUR GOALKEEPERS GOING TO MAKE A SAVE!!!

Gutted at the end, but the goals were coming, they were asking for trouble by sitting that deep. In fact I think every single Bayern chance came from our left-wing, the two goals certainly did and both Makaay and Ze Roberto missed what were really sitters of headers after crosses from Bayern's right-wing. Celtic played really well up until 70 mins then they sat too deep.

I thought there were two turning points, if Pizarro (Bobo never touched it) had sliced into his own net instead of just over the game was done and 3 points were ours. Also, Agathe did really well to cut into the box with the score @ 1-1, and Sutton was unmarked 10 yards out for ages, he waited, and waited, and then didn't pass to him anyway. I was raging @ Agathe for it, it was a certain free-shot on goal from 10 yards out. He did well though Didier, if only he had a final ball more often, though he puts 2 stunning balls in on the nite.

I thought Hartson was poor, I know he's not fit but sometimes it looked like he just couldn't be arsed rather than not physically being able to. Thompson was great, really Hartson apart so was the entire team. Don't talk to me about Hedman, Broto would have gotten that...

For all we dominated large parts of the game, Bayern missed 3 glorious chances - Makaay and Ze Roberto before they even scored, then Ze Roberto again @ 1-1, so to say we deserved to win is a bit OTT for me. We didn't deserve to leave with bugger-all though.

P.S. Anyone else notice their winner started when Rau dived 30 seconds after coming on?:roll:

Andy1888 said:
Why is that? Id rather have my team competing with the top team in Germany and outplaying them for the majority of the match rather than flukeing 2 goals at home and play piss poor! :D

LOL! How many points do you have?

Point is foxtrot that we where away to one of the top teams in Europe, you where at home. I don't think Rangers will fare better than us on their travel to Germany. But I don't mind taking the stick, that's why I say I hope Rangers get f*cked every game, as there's so many of the other side giving the bs about 'good luck' and when it all goes pear-shaped it's 'haha' and stuff.

Anyway onto the game. I said to FS a few weeks back about Celtic's penny-pinching and said how the board couldn't sack MO. But I'm going to retract that statement, as all they have to say is a few words and Celtic fans would have to hold up their hands and say 'fair enough'........those words you ask? 'The signings of Robert Douglas and Magnus Hedman'. I'm actually at the end of my tether with these two, and it's not as if you can say 'Well drop the other and stick him in', because they are both as bad. I mean it's laughable, we (and I bet other Celtic fans do this now too) actually applaud and say 'well done Rab' when he comes out and catch a simple cross, because your expecting something to go wrong, it's absolutely shocking. Usually we have a discussion and to be honest I agree with my brother when he said just to put Marshall in and sell the other two for anything we can get along with saving on around £1 million a year on their wages. He can't do any worse and theirs no point in talking about experience as it's got those two numpties nowhere. As we said previously Broto should never have been allowed to leave.

Two goals lost where shocking, from Varga's schoolboy header and Hedman's blunder. As CD said, all apart from Hartson did well, although the likes of Petrov, Sutton and Larsson eventually drifted out the game because of our mass retreat after 70 mins, we where humping big boots up the park to no-one and the ball was coming straight back. The 4-4-2 formation would have been better as their wing-backs where causing all the problems. Also in the lead up to Bayern's winner, how on earth was that deemed a foul on Rau? :l

Think the next game is vital to win, if we don't we're out and will probably struggle to qualify for the UEFA cup even.

FD

IF we can win our home games and take a point in Belgium or France then i think we'll qualify, after the performance last night we should fear no-one. :twisted:

cmon, they played well and deserved more form the game. grow up foxtrot! not a fan of either of the OF supporting for my sins the super j's. BUT will always support both when in Europe. Great to see rangers win albeit a lucky win and poor performance but 3 points! Gutted for celtic players, played for the jersey, gave their all, more than most footballers these days.

Yeah hedman clanger was hard to take, but these things happen and he pulled off a great one handed save prior to the opening goal.

Rangers will progress, far easier group than celtic, but still hope celtic will scrape thro in 2nd place.

god what a thought 4years ago we were in europe playing Monaco in a 3-3 thriller. Now getting beat by the mighty Brechin and the like. God this is depressing.!!!!!!

ok accept that foxtrot, sorry!
got a feeling you wont get pelted, fancy you to win at Ibrox! Old trafford might be a struggle tho!
Hope not!

There's two sides to that though Andy, although we deserved more last night Bayern under-performed.

I'm with FD on the 4-4-2, he should have switched to that when it became obvious Bayern had upped their game, it was 1-0 at that point and we were sitting deep anyway, so what was the point in leaving 5 in the middle?

At the end of the day you wouldn't have been too disappointed if someone had told you yesterday it'd be 2-1 to Munich. It was the way in which we lost it which bothers me.

And foxtrot, we lost to the runaway German champions and one of the tournament favourites in their own back yard because of a GK error, you beat the German runners-up with a horrendous piece of defending and a deflection, plus we've already beaten them anyway ;). Get your slaggings in now, because when you go to Old Trafford you won't come close to how Celtic did last night :mrgreen:.

Well not wanting to talk about Rangers in here, but I honestly feel Rangers will get skelped at least 3-0 at Old Trafford and just as badly at Ibrox, if you think O'Shea, Keane and Giggs aren't going to be going at it then your very much mistaken. Although I still think Rangers will get their heaviest defeat in Greece, personally I hate playing teams from the likes of Greece and Turkey as they never stop attacking whilst in places like Germany and Italy they usually kill the game.

FD

If former Portuguese international Daniel Carvalho (Dani) could be summed up in one phrase it would be; wasted talent.

While millions across the world play soccer, only a select few actually make it to the big time. Without intensive training and a strong work ethic, stardom in this sport is unlikely but there are always exceptions to every rule. Case in point; Dani.

He has been blessed with natural talent. While many aspiring footballers may have a strong work ethic, Dani is the opposite. He has all the makings of a star player but lacks a professional approach to the game. As a youth player, Dani excelled and was tipped to be a future star. He was a stand out at the 1995 Under-20 World Championships in Qatar winning two individual honours and guided Portugal to 3rd place. Despite playing in the midfield, he was the tournament's second leading scorer and was voted second best player in the tournament by FIFA.

He followed that up by being named Portugal's MVP in a fourth place finish at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta.

In 1995/96 West Ham United took the starlet on loan from Sporting Lisbon. He made a positive start to his playing career in England scoring the game winning goal against Spurs and instantly endeared himself to the fans. His film star good looks brought him modeling and record deals. British pop star Louise Nurding publicly admitted her infatuation with the Portuguese player. "Oh, yes, that Portuguese guy who plays for West Ham, I think he's really cute. That's the first time in ages I've seen a guy and gone, 'Wow, he's gorgeous.'

Eventually, his playboy lifestyle brought him into conflict with the club as he reportedly turned up late for team practices. Despite endearing himself to the club's supporters, West Ham terminated their loan deal with the player and sent him back to Sporting Lisbon.

In 1996/97, he signed on with Ajax where he spent four seasons. At Ajax, he was again very inconsistent and failed to hold down a regular first team place despite his immense talent. He had gained the reputation for being the most popular reserve player in the history of Ajax. His video biography sold record copies in Amsterdam.

"I wish I looked like that," is what Richard Witschge told the media when informed of the number of biography sales. While he was adored by fans (particularly women) this admiration was not held by the Ajax training staff. Dani's poor commitment to training is what eventually led to his Ajax exit in 2000. He was told by Ajax officials to look for a new club, as he was no longer welcome at the Amsterdam Arena.

From Ajax, he moved back to Portugal with Benfica. He lasted 5 games in Lisbon and was indefinitely suspended by the club without explanation. Dani was reported to have skipped several training sessions and repeatedly broke the club's curfew policy. When a Portuguese sports daily reported his wild night at a Lisbon nightclub, Dani was done at Benfica. Dani argued his side of the story on a Portuguese TV talk show where he stated "Benfica know the kind of player I am and my history, why did they buy me from Ajax if they don't want me to play? Benfica obviously have another agenda." Benfica players Sabry, Maniche and Miguel were also punished by the club for their involvement with Dani's evening escapades.

Despite being at Benfica for a short time, he had already overstayed his welcome and was transferred to Atletico Madrid Dani was now out of the media spotlight and playing in the Spanish second division. He flourished in his first season with Atletico Madrid scoring a goal on his debut. He became a regular in the first team and was voted Fan's Player Of The Year by club's supporters. Ateltico also achieved promotion to the Spanish Premier League that season; Dani was a key contributor to their successes.

The following season Dani saw little action as an early season knee injury and a slow return to fitness kept him out of the lineup. Atletico Madrid's patience with Dani grew thin and they released him in July saying that his wages were too high for a fringe player.

It was no surprise that Dani did not receive any offers for his services from Europe's top clubs in the summer. The talented playmaker has developed a poor reputation because of his unpredictability and his playboy lifestyle. Reports are now surfacing that Celtic are interested in his services and have extended the player's tryout at the club.

The truth is that Dani has all the talent to be a star at Celtic, but his discipline leaves a lot to be desired. At 26 years old, he is not getting any younger and Celtic could be Dani's last chance to live up to his potential.

That's my worry too, however I would still take him. Although my preference would be De La Pena. Supposedly something will happen over the next couple of days with Dani.

FD

Reports in the Evening Rag has Dermot Desmond ready to sell up!!??

He is reported to be interested in getting involved with Man Utd.

ah the press they will put anything in the paper, i dont see it , IMO
he has already said he is interested in man u as a bussiness venture only and any talk of him selling up was just rumours.( that was a while ago)

Desmond isn't selling up

He's suing the Evening Tims for saying saying that he was and say's he's here for the long haul :l

Back
Top Bottom