Need for Speed: Undercover

Coopz

Retired Footballer
27 April 2002
Tried it today and its pretty good so far

quite a few cars to buy as well including a Bugatti Veyron :))

I have only done about 4 races so don't know if i will like it after a good play and i haven't tried out the customisation side yet either. I like how they cut to FMV to keep the story going and the races i have done have been entertaining

Oooh, I want to know if this is any good.

What do you think is better so far, Midnight Club LA or NFSU?

Is the handling decent? In the last few NFS games it's been shocking, like a cross between Ridge Racer and driving a truck through quicksand.

So far heard totally mix on this heard loading times quite long and also framerate problems. You can now hit D-Pad to go to next mission instead of driving to them seems alot more easy access approach all round.

But from what i seen i think im going to miss inside view of Midnight club and NFS dosnt have weather effects and neither night and day cycle like MC. But NFS will have better story im sure as MC is very basic really overall it dosnt seem much of step up from previous games but that didnt stop me enjoying new MC.

The story doesn't worry me too much, all I really want is a fun game (i.e. fun handling, not like you're trying to steer John Prescott through a sea of pies) and good police chases. The original NFS games did police chases so well.

Edge are usually quite tough on games but I agree with their scores more often than not

Oooh, I want to know if this is any good.

What do you think is better so far, Midnight Club LA or NFSU?

Is the handling decent? In the last few NFS games it's been shocking, like a cross between Ridge Racer and driving a truck through quicksand.

To early to say

ill let you know when i have played more

handling seems fine so far as well, very different to MC:LA dunno if thats a good or bad thing yet

This is a response to CB from the COD5 thread

Co-op sounds good. Crap, that's another £40 I've got to find, thanks Coopz. You better start hating the new NFS so I don't have to fork out for that as well. ;)

Yeah im not sure about NFSU now

The only reason being that its far to slow to navigate

you have to wait a couple of seconds for each part or change of shape (which is 3 sliders, so imagine trying each notch on the shape slider) to appear on your car when customising which is very very annoying. Buying cars is the same, you have to wait for the next car you have chosen to load up before you can see it and going to the GPS and is the same

On Midnight Club everything happens instantly just as it should, so im not gonna touch NFSU's customisation side anymore which takes away part of the reason i play it

Oh and early on its far far to easy, if i carry on playing ill let you know how it goes

Didn't play it much over the weekend i was busy on COD5

Ill play it again sometime during the week though and let you know. 1 thing i dont like is how you can skip to races by pressing down. Whats the point in a big map and GPS if you can skip to races?

Looks like its terrible then.

Give me Hot Persuit II on PS2 please (last proper NFS game, last fun NFS game).
Exactly, that's why I was looking forward to this one so much. Looks like Midnight Club LA for £20 from Play is the next best thing.

I have to many games on the go at the minute

i bet i don't finish any of em off

Exactly, that's why I was looking forward to this one so much. Looks like Midnight Club LA for £20 from Play is the next best thing.

Midnight Club is awful as well though from what I've heard.

Why don't they do an arcade style racing game with supercars in it anymore? Why is it always a mix of average sports cars and Japanese tuner cars?

cause that's what all those us ricer boys want. probably the biggest market for them so they produce that crap.

Back
Top Bottom