Need Ebay help

Milanista

Mangiamoli!
19 December 2002
London & Milan
AC Milan
Ok guys. I just ordered something from America from a reliable looking trader who has plenty of good reviews and even looks legit.

The package went through customs and reached me, and the box was obviously checked by customs and someone had opened it and re-sealed it.

The problem was that I received the packaging and NO WATCH. I also noticed that the seller wrote less than half the value of the watch on the outside receipt to try and dupe customs. I didn't ask him to do this... and I think as a result, the watch was stolen by British customs.

What do I do in this situation!? Do I file a complaint against the seller?

Last edited:
Contact him and explain you didn't receive the watch and try to sort it out with him first. If he doesn't want to play fair then report him and try and get your money back from Paypal, they're normally very protective of the buyer (when really they should look at each case and act accordingly).

It is his fault if he was trying to dupe them, sort it out with him. If he is not co-operating kick his arse.

I'm going to Boston and New York in a couple of weeks, if he is around there, I will get a baseball bat and fuck him up for you!

I sent a civilized message to him asking what he thinks should happen, and that its possible that it's his fault for writing $35 for a far more valuable product. If he doesn't cooperate, I'm using the report function.

Well, I'll give the seller a few days as they're an ebay shop and said they'll contact the manufacturer for a new one, but I highly doubt they'll get one. My main argument for a refund is that they wrote a way lower value, which may have prompted someone at customs to take the item due to insurance only covering up to the value the seller wrote. It's illegal to write a lower value as it counts as fraud, and I never asked them to do so, I was expecting to pay custom tax.

He's saying they half inched it Nick.

The scrotes...:JAY:

Well, I'll give the seller a few days as they're an ebay shop and said they'll contact the manufacturer for a new one, but I highly doubt they'll get one. My main argument for a refund is that they wrote a way lower value, which may have prompted someone at customs to take the item due to insurance only covering up to the value the seller wrote. It's illegal to write a lower value as it counts as fraud, and I never asked them to do so, I was expecting to pay custom tax.

Yeah, that makes it hard to do anything regarding customs, but it was the senders fault not yours...

It has just come to our attention that on the same day your watch arrived in UK customs, so did another watch, which was also received empty.....

I find it way too coincidental that this happened twice in the same day and at the same customs facility. Is there any way you can open a claim with Customs. We are going to file one through USPS, but have no way to do so through customs.

Also, is it possible to provide a picture of the packaging and the box?

I sent some pictures, but also said that its illegal to write down a false value on the packaging.

Back
Top Bottom