1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Need Ebay help

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Milanista, 1 September 2010.

1. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Ok guys. I just ordered something from America from a reliable looking trader who has plenty of good reviews and even looks legit.

The package went through customs and reached me, and the box was obviously checked by customs and someone had opened it and re-sealed it.

The problem was that I received the packaging and NO WATCH. I also noticed that the seller wrote less than half the value of the watch on the outside receipt to try and dupe customs. I didn't ask him to do this... and I think as a result, the watch was stolen by British customs.

What do I do in this situation!? Do I file a complaint against the seller?

Last edited: 1 September 2010
  2. Jumbo_

Jumbo_ -

17 August 2006
    Manchester
    Manchester United
    Contact him and explain you didn't receive the watch and try to sort it out with him first. If he doesn't want to play fair then report him and try and get your money back from Paypal, they're normally very protective of the buyer (when really they should look at each case and act accordingly).

3. BobbyBox

BobbyBox WING NUT!

10 October 2003
    Arsenal
    It is his fault if he was trying to dupe them, sort it out with him. If he is not co-operating kick his arse.

I'm going to Boston and New York in a couple of weeks, if he is around there, I will get a baseball bat and fuck him up for you!

4. Milanista

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    I sent a civilized message to him asking what he thinks should happen, and that its possible that it's his fault for writing $35 for a far more valuable product. If he doesn't cooperate, I'm using the report function.

5. FreMM

FreMM ♥♦♣♠PeS DiSpEnSeR ♥♦♣♠

6 October 2005
    Belgium
    Juventus F.C.
    What kind of watch Stef?

6. jaygrim

jaygrim TheAllSeeingEye

26 July 2005
    Everywhere.
    Man Utd
    Mind your nose you already stole his brothers shirt.

7. Nick Cave

Nick Cave Wrexham fan for my sins...

10 July 2004
    Non football league waste land...
    Wrexham AFC
    Bummer, they would not have taken the watch without informing you stef, they would have sent you some paperwork and kept the whole package!...

8. jaygrim

jaygrim TheAllSeeingEye

26 July 2005
    Everywhere.
    Man Utd
    He's saying they half inched it Nick.

9. Milanista

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Well, I'll give the seller a few days as they're an ebay shop and said they'll contact the manufacturer for a new one, but I highly doubt they'll get one. My main argument for a refund is that they wrote a way lower value, which may have prompted someone at customs to take the item due to insurance only covering up to the value the seller wrote. It's illegal to write a lower value as it counts as fraud, and I never asked them to do so, I was expecting to pay custom tax.

10. Nick Cave

Nick Cave Wrexham fan for my sins...

10 July 2004
    Non football league waste land...
    Wrexham AFC

The scrotes...:JAY:

Yeah, that makes it hard to do anything regarding customs, but it was the senders fault not yours...

11. TikTikTikTikTik

TikTikTikTikTik *****

7 August 2004
    Liverpool
    Time will tell.....

Well if nobody else is gonna do a time joke!

12. Jumbo_

Jumbo_ -

17 August 2006
    Manchester
    Manchester United
    We were doing them in the chatbox yesterday Tik, get with the times.

13. Milanista

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    I sent some pictures, but also said that its illegal to write down a false value on the packaging.

14. jaygrim

jaygrim TheAllSeeingEye

26 July 2005
    Everywhere.
    Man Utd
    Keep us updated.

15. TikTikTikTikTik

TikTikTikTikTik *****

7 August 2004
    Liverpool
    We still have that?!...........

16. sauce