NBA 2K19

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Isslander, 13 September 2018.

1. Isslander

Isslander Gordon's alive!

3 August 2003
    Iceland
    Liverpool
    Fine, I will make a thread then!

Unlike PES I have interest in the Classic players. Do you know if I need a certain version of the game to get the classic players and teams?

2. nevcapr

nevcapr Conference

21 July 2005
    They are in the normal version I bought by default

For instance 3 different eras of Chicago bulls pipped and Jordan etc.

Great game enjoying so far

Isslander likes this.
  3. slamsoze

slamsoze Premiership

28 September 2010
    I bought the game yesterday. It is on 42% sale in PSstore EU. It looks brilliant, it has much much content compared to FIFA and PES, i was shocked. I do not even know which is the old dynasty? ,the counterpart of Master League and Carrier mode. The last time i played NBA 2K was the 2011 and 2014 versions which were also AAA+.
    Only one notice, as i come from PES and the "editing decease" hunts my body. In 2011 and 2014 you could create TEAMS besides players. Is this feature removed? Cause as i explored a little bit the menus i found only edit players and rosters, not teams. Also the Euroleague teams are not present this year?

For real KONAMI and EA should feel extremely embarashed when they look at what possibilities 2K is offering. A community download center for ROSTER updates!!!Oh God! 1000 times superior than the live update and roster updates bs of KONAMI and EA!!!

Last edited: 25 December 2018
  4. Milanista90!

Milanista90! Option File Creator

12 October 2006
    The game has a lot going for it vs FIFA/PES when it comes to immersion and authenticity of surroundings, commentary etc. But it's really not all roses. When you buy the game you essentially buy the base pack, for nearly everything you need the Virtual Currency (VC). If you just play MyLeague you can look past it, but for all other game modes you can't their shoving their monetization scheme right into your face. The MyPlayer career is an endless grind unless you spend quite a bit of actual money, in turn when your player is below 85 OVR you will barely find a match online cause the community is toxic. The whole MyPlayer career is terrible - as a general statement. The storylines have been dreadful and so has quality of animation.

Bought NBA 2K18 and will not spend money on another one for quite some time. On the pitch it's quite fun (though I think the shooting mechanics were much better in the likes of 2k14), but there is a hell of a lot that's wrong with the game off it.

slamsoze likes this.
  5. slamsoze

slamsoze Premiership

28 September 2010
    Τhanx for reply and Merry Xmas/happy holidays. Yeah i have read much about micro-transactions hell in 2K the last years. THe good part for me is that i play at most offline tournaments/exhibitions/offline carrier mode (if i figure out how to play this) and it makes me happy, so the money grab part does not affect me until now, although i can understand it is a core problem. I hope offline editing players does not require any VC in-game currency.

I forgot to mention above, that in contrast to my football gaming mentality in PEs/FIFA where i "hate" classic players, shallow friendly cups/games, in Basketball for some reason i can feel delighted with only a friendly match or against a friend/wife etc and i like to mix match teams with classic player, like having a team with Kobe, Iverson against a created Team USA 2006 or 1992 Dream Team.

6. ISS1970

ISS1970 Conference

20 September 2016
    I love the nba2k series, despite its terrible vc issue, but lately i find the foot plant animations have gotten worse, the "skating" feeling is really getting on my nerves. I find hard to find decent sport titles these days.

slamsoze likes this.
  7. rockstrongo

rockstrongo International

25 August 2006
    Sweden
    Hammarby
    Try Myleague,I haven't bought 19 yet,still on 18.
    Find some realistic sliders,it's an amazing game mode!

I play myleague with a created player,that grows declines depending on how well he does.

I control all teams (but I chose to play with just one where my player are).

If you control all teams,you can block stupid AI Vs AI trades.
    You can chose to control everthing,or just play and let the CPU manager run the business.

I play with a player lock in my player (just controlling him)
    If my player gets traded or chose to move on,I just switch to that team.

Brilliant game mode.
    Love it,haven't played it in a while,but soon as my fifa 19 season is over,im going in!

slamsoze likes this.
  8. rockstrongo

25 August 2006
    Sweden
    Hammarby
    Who plays mycareer?
    Dig into the real modes myleague/mygm that's where the game shines

slamsoze likes this.
  9. rockstrongo

25 August 2006
    Sweden
    Hammarby
    Started my 2k18 last night,first banner that turned up "NBA 2k19 limited time offer 70% off"
    A no brainer,paid 19 € for it.
    Downloaded it and set up sliders,this year's slider option,holy shit!
    They've implemented progression/peak/regression sliders as well.
    Took me 1,5 hours to set it up.

Finally created a player,put him in my custom roster (thank you 2k) and started a myleague with the leagues worst team, Phoenix Suns.
    Even downloaded sliders/settings (thank you 2k).
    Only had time for one game,since I play 4x12 Qtrs (but with a player lock that's 20 minutes for my bench player)

Guess all my other gaming will suffer...

slamsoze likes this.