NBA 2K16. Best Sports Game Again?

I'll try that out when my game starts behaving properly.

I actually can't believe what happened. I played Warriors vs OKC yesterday and won the game after OT and Curry got injured during the game but played on. Later the same happened in real life :D

I'll try that out when my game starts behaving properly.

Finally feels like I'm playing NBA 2k16. Update number 9 has been uploaded. Hype/DC Layup and dunking tendencies for all players on NBA teams is complete. Update also contains complete post up tendencies (Hype/DC) done for the top post players on each team. Complete jump shooting tendency done for Steph Curry. Speed and Quickness redone for fast guards. Fixed jersey numbers. New shoes and more.

Roster name: NBAcourtside
PSN ID: AgentNL7

Finally feels like I'm playing NBA 2k16. Update number 9 has been uploaded. Hype/DC Layup and dunking tendencies for all players on NBA teams is complete. Update also contains complete post up tendencies (Hype/DC) done for the top post players on each team. Complete jump shooting tendency done for Steph Curry. Speed and Quickness redone for fast guards. Fixed jersey numbers. New shoes and more.

Roster name: NBAcourtside
PSN ID: AgentNL7

Cool, I'll download it and try it when I can pull myself away from MLB 16 The Show.

Cool, I'll download it and try it when I can pull myself away from MLB 16 The Show.

I might pick the Show up in a week or two after the patch. Heard there's only a few minor additions to franchise and RTTS so that sucks as I'm a huge franchise guy. Moreover, player models still haven't been updated which is a bummer. A lot ppl are also having.problems with jaggies, particularly when the ball is put into play.

I might pick the Show up in a week or two after the patch. Heard there's only a few minor additions to franchise and RTTS so that sucks as I'm a huge franchise guy. Moreover, player models still haven't been updated which is a bummer. A lot ppl are also having.problems with jaggies, particularly when the ball is put into play.

Definitely true about the player models, I last played 09 and 10 and they're pretty much identical.

I can't comment on the other stuff (only had one session so far) focusing on RTTS for now.

Made some changes to my sliders.

Shooting Type: Real FG%
FT Shooting Type: Real FG%
Ball Handler Text: Off
Shot Meter: Off
Shot Feedback: Off
Gameplay HUD: Off
AI FT Camera Shake: Off

Defensive controller assist = 100
Contest shot - always

Game Speed - 48

(User/CPU)
Inside Shot Success – 20/0
Defensive Awareness – 55/55
Hustle – 70/50
On-Ball Defense – 60/40
Lateral Quickness - 60/50

For both User and CPU
Driving Contact Shot Frequency: 100
Inside Contact Shot Frequency: 100
Stealing: 60
Offensive Rebounding: 60

CPU tendencies
Shoot inside - 40
Shoot close - 0
Shoot mid - 75
Shoot three - 95
Post Shots - 90
Look for Post Players: 90
Go for On-Ball Steals: 75 - User and CPU
Contest Shots: 75 - User and CPU

Fouls for both User and CPU
Over The Back Foul: 75
Charging Foul: 80
Blocking Foul: 85
Reaching Foul: 80
Shooting Foul: 75
Loose Ball Foul: 80

What are the numbers for the options that you didn't include here? 50/50?

I'm not using those anymore. My roster works best with the custom superstar sliders which are down below. The numbers for the options I don't include are 50/50

Shooting Type: User timing
FT Shooting Type: User timing
Ball Handler Text: Off
Shot Meter: On
Shot Feedback: Off
Gameplay HUD: Off
AI FT Camera Shake: Off

Defensive controller assist = 100
Contest shot - always

Game Speed - 47

(User/CPU)
Offensive Awareness - 75/75
Defensive Awareness – 75/75
Lateral Quickness - 0/0

CPU tendencies
Shoot inside - 40
Shoot close - 0
Shoot mid - 75
Shoot three - 95
Post Shots - 90
Look for Post Players: 80
Go for On-Ball Steals: 70 - User and CPU
Contest Shots: 70 - User and CPU

Fouls for both User and CPU
Over The Back Foul: 80
Charging Foul: 90
Blocking Foul: 85
Reaching Foul: 80
Shooting Foul: 75
Loose Ball Foul: 80

Downloaded it but have absolutely no clue what I'm doing, my knowledge of basketball is "ball go in hoop now", so I'm not sure I'll get the most out of it!

Been checking this thread and a few videos on youtube (top 10 dunk shots etc).

Wow! That game looks stunning!
I´m thinking of getting this, but I have the problem like a few other´s here: knowledge.
I don´t follow basketball at all. I hardly know any current players, just Kobe Bryant, Dirk Nowitzki and that´s it...lol.
And the old ones, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Scottie Pippen, Michael Jordan and Shaq :P

The last basketball game I played was on PS2 NBA Street V3.

But on the other hand...with playing PES I learned the whole league stuff, relegation, CL qualification and my interest in football and the bundesliga grew due to the game.

This game looks absolutely awesome...can´t understand how that didn´t get the best sports game award.

I think I´ll give that one a shot...

Last edited:
if you want to start to get a hang of this game, go easy mode first....pick a team that you want to like/be...and play a few games with them against any opposition (76ers for an even easier time), know the players and their shooting techniques (can see what their stats are or their symbols to know what type of player they are)

when you are comfortable, increase the difficulty and keep on going. It's not hard to learn the basics, and that way, you will be able to play the game against other teams and enjoy. Later after that, you can study the various plays and moves later...but that's more advanced...

Downloaded it but have absolutely no clue what I'm doing, my knowledge of basketball is "ball go in hoop now", so I'm not sure I'll get the most out of it!

Same here, I downloaded it and played some games.
It seems to be very deep gameplay and takes a lot of games to fully understand all the controls.
Since I don't have much knowledge of the game I'm also net getting the most out of it.

But....the game looks wonderfull.

does anyone know if theres an NBA2K for dummies, cos i need to learn moves, team plays, what each positions do, cos all im doing is button mashing and always giving it to my star player, but individuality is out of this world

I'm sure one of the older games showed you the position you're supposed to be in on the court - without that, the names of the positions mean nothing to me!

I did a face scan (very cool) and imported myself into the game, started the career, and it's pretty cool, but weird that I'm white and British with a black guy's Bronx-slang-spouting voice... :D

I love that the buttons now more closely match FIFA, which makes it easier for me - with L2 being a slow-dribble/slow-movement button, R2 being sprint, and the right stick being a "trick stick" essentially.

I just need to figure out where I'm supposed to be all the time (I'm a "number two", no jokes please)...

Number 2, or a Shooting Guard (SG) is the player who's main duties include shooting and scoring.

Depending on your player, most SGs will be standing near the 1 (PG) by the three point line to get the ball and to shoot a 3, dribble in for a mid-range 2, or drive for a dunk or layup. It's always easier to see where your opposition (guy you're marking) usually ends on when they're attacking and standing near those areas are usually correct (Again, depends on your stats, you should see which type of 2 you are)

Famous 2s, Michael Jordan, Dwayne Wade, Kobe Bryant, James Harden, Manu Ginobili

so yeah...let's see how far you can get in your career mode to see if you're an efficient 2, or a stinky 2 (sorry, had to do it)

I've been skipping 2K for a while now, but since it was free I got it too.

And boy does that game needs to cut some fat.

There is just sooooo much bullshit in this game, feels like even the menus are unnecessary and have some old stupid and non-user friendly stuff.

Gameplay still pretty corny and shitty too, AI abusing animations even more than they did before, some cuts do the baskets are IMPOSSIBLE to bump and stop.

Same old AI runs to cut the lead, same old everybody plays absurdly consistent defense, except your teammates that overhelp and overswitch.

I'm so glad I stopped giving this franchise a chance.

They need to take a lot of step backs and cut a lot of bullshit, but they probably never will, cut some features at this point would drive some casuals crazy.

This is my first EVER experience with the NBA2k series, let me ask a simple question.

Can I not start a player career mode as a real NBA player? I wanna play as Paul George and help the Pacers win a championship but the only option I see is to 'create' a player!

Surely with the mode being as deep as it is, I don't have to use a fictional individual and can select a real life NBA superstar, no?

Thanks. Wow that sucks! To have all the player likeness in there... even real voices... and yet you can't control them, that's weird.

It's not a crime to wanna play as a real NBA player and not some made up character!

Last edited:
Before, they had one where you can play as Michael Jordan in the modern NBA. His looks, shoes and stats change between seasons depending on how long you play that career mode...

But apart from that, you always had to create your own character. But in years before this one, you could've had a lot more choices on what you wanted to do...this year's was really horrible!

Wait, there used to be a way of playing as a real player, it was just another mode like become a legend or something like that, outside of the MyCareer.

BTW I insisted on playing the career a bit more, been buying all the athleticism upgrades cause that's usually enough for a PF, now I am doing the backdoor cut cheese, whenever I play against a slow PF there's a little cheese that you can shake them and run to the basket.

But the tendencies in MyCareer are so fucked up, there are way to much inside passes, there are way too much dribbling from your PG and a bunch of annoying stuff on rebounds and screens. Refs will always call moving screens when you are up a couple of points.

MyCareer is a cheese fest.

I wanna try the Pro-Am thing tho, does evo-web has a team? I can play as a sorta of DeAndre Jordan if he was a PF, I can only screen and dunk, but I play pretty good defense.

How do you actually defend (I've found the tutorials a bit lacklustre)?

So far I'm just holding L2 and practically grabbing hold of the guy, and when he runs off I'm screwed. Anyone who starts running towards the net, I just start hammering square and committing a reach-in foul, or hammering triangle and my player starts doing jumping jacks while the guy runs past me.

How do you actually defend (I've found the tutorials a bit lacklustre)?

So far I'm just holding L2 and practically grabbing hold of the guy, and when he runs off I'm screwed. Anyone who starts running towards the net, I just start hammering square and committing a reach-in foul, or hammering triangle and my player starts doing jumping jacks while the guy runs past me.
Hold L2, stay near to the offensive player, don't try to steal the ball, just follow the player as close as possible. You can also defend active if you half press the L2 button while standing close to the offensive player. Your defender will "stick" onto the opponent player. Holding up your hands with the Right Stick also helps to irritate the player. Don't be shy to defend the room instead of the player sometimes, otherwise fast and big players will cut inside.

I can post my sliders and settings if somebody wants. The game is way too hard/unrealistic for beginners with default sliders and speed.

I can post my sliders and settings if somebody wants. The game is way too hard/unrealistic for beginners with default sliders and speed.
That would be useful to me, certainly!

So when defending... Is the blue arrow under my player's feet indicating the player I should be "marking" (is that called something different in basketball)?

Is there no way I can have a marker for where I'm supposed to be attacking? I have a vague idea - towards the edge of the "area" (no idea what the proper name is) - but... Is it not like American football where teams have "plays" on every attack?

My Career only works if your the primary ball handler and you turn off auto play calling. Set the tempo yourself and run your own plays.

The mode has many issues, a severe lack of logic being my number one annoyance but it's super addictive and can be a lot of fun when your on a team that complements each other. For me as a PG, I had a great time playing with Utah until the lack of logic kicked in and they signed Kobe. I then demanded a trade and moved to Orlando.

That would be useful to me, certainly!

So when defending... Is the blue arrow under my player's feet indicating the player I should be "marking" (is that called something different in basketball)?

Is there no way I can have a marker for where I'm supposed to be attacking? I have a vague idea - towards the edge of the "area" (no idea what the proper name is) - but... Is it not like American football where teams have "plays" on every attack?

The most important thing here is what's your position Chris? that changes how you play on both ends.

I can tell you the secrets but I need to know what's your position cause I don't want to elaborate too much.

Some controller, coaching and gameplay settings are key to enjoy this game too, default is just not friendly at all.

My Career only works if your the primary ball handler and you turn off auto play calling. Set the tempo yourself and run your own plays.

The mode has many issues, a severe lack of logic being my number one annoyance but it's super addictive and can be a lot of fun when your on a team that complements each other. For me as a PG, I had a great time playing with Utah until the lack of logic kicked in and they signed Kobe. I then demanded a trade and moved to Orlando.

I have no doubt playing point guard is the way to go, but I had way too many point guard career already, I wanted something different on 15 I played small forward, but I was a ball handler too, now I decided to try a power forward.

To be honest the auto play calling is key for me, I don't know how one can play without it. There's a lot of flow with the plays this year. Whenever a play breaks and it goes to freelance mode my PG will dribble dribble dribble and try the first inside pass he can. Its so annoying without the play calling.

The most important thing here is what's your position Chris? that changes how you play on both ends.
Shooting guard, because I match the height requirement for it in real-life and because shots from range are my favourite (to the point where I'm sort of ruining my career by trying way too many, BUT, I'm working on it)...

Back
Top Bottom