NBA 2K11 - G.O.A.T.

At least you've got a PS3 Tobi, I don't even have one now... It's being quite hard, but at least now I'm watching the playoffs.

2k11 needs to make things happen quicker in terms of plays and offensive/deffensive awareness. Watchin NBA matches you see how screens do happen very quickly while in the game it's rather slow and mechanical.

Just nitpicking to make you feel the game worse while I can't play...:COAT:

I went two weeks without my PS3 a few weeks ago, twas brutal.

Regarding the game, there is plenty to improve on no doubt.

I had a couple of freezes specially when I leave some mode back to the main menu, had some on the end of season sim too, I felt a bit scared with you guys feedback, but fortunately it never got worse for me.

About the crew I'm starting to think a league would be better, my player mode is just so different, not to mention players with super stats.

About improvments in gameplay for 2K12, yes real games feels a lot different, after the patch it got a lot around running plays, and in real games you see the plays but they happens so natural you almost don't see it.
Going to the circle and wait for every player get in position to start the 'play' is way to slow to the current real NBA tempo, I agree.

They should focus in the running plays timming on 2k12 and should be another cracking game, even without Jordan, they fixed so much with the patch, why they cant do it better with another game.

Oh almost forgot, fix my player.

Normal league or fantasy draft?

I would not mind normal league with my usual teams, I'm probably the only one who would chose the Warriors.
But I think a fantasy one could be interesting if we have enough lads to not let two or three players over 90 in the teams.
Cause in the fantasy its also about knowing your players, taking smart picks etc.

Now a funny thing happened to me yesterday, about those screens and plays that are set so slow, I was playing against OKC and was amazed how fast they were setting screens for KD, its insane, they trashed us in the 1st quarter, KD had 21 points and they scored 41 :SHOCK:
We 'Bobcats' but a 2nd year with loads of fresh faces, manage a slooow comeback that we only took the lead in the final 5mins of the 4th quarter, and traded buckets in the clutch time, was seriously one of the best matches I played in this game, we took a 1 point lead with a last few seconds 3 pointer then I knew we should defend KD, even with a double team he almost scored.

Can't believe I enjoy the game this much after hours and hours of play.
And 2K12 teams should all play in OKC tempo, thats how real NBA is playing. But maybe 2K12 OKC will be impossible to handle :P

Finally have my copy through (a whole month later, cheers Play.com).

Ready for some matches when PSN resumes. Give me a shout.

My classic roster is finally finished. To get the best out of these rosters you must change the these coach profile settings for every coach in the league. After you make these adjustments you'll notice a few things. The computer will run their offense a whole lot better and players will make decisions based on their tendencies. The way it should be. Feedback is welcome.

Run Plays - 50
Take Inside Shots - 0
Take Close Shots - 0
Take Mid-Range Shots - 0
Take 3PT Shots - 0
Attack the Basket - 0
Look for Post Players - 0

You can find my classic roster file at the following link.

http://hotfile.com/dl/115803294/2a8ae51/PS3.rar.html

This is the slider set I'm using. HOF difficulty. Only change I made was switching from shot stick to real fg%.

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...-hof-slider-set-shot-stick-timing-fg-fts.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I still can't play this game whilst signed into PSN, its still freezing on the team logo screen.

Is anyone else having better luck?

Playing the game again, with a new ps3. Had forgotten how good it is. Compared to Fifa/PES it's just like comparing Sergio Leone to Robert Rodriguez!

When will the online league start?

nbas.png

i played a couple of games last nite after some time. the game is just phenomenal, i wish i could have time to invest in it. well maybe next year.

@cesc

do you use some LOD also in nba 2k11?

@wendetta

the game is top notch... too bad its editing community is not so huge such as pes and fifa's.

Cesc, long time no see, whats with the random image? :LOL:
I think the texture looks that good in the default game, replays and cut scenes are amazing.

Drek, we need to set the league details up, I've added all PS3 guys I've seen here, not sure if everyone wants to play online, but I do.

I played a pickup game with 3 players the other day, my first online experience in 2K11 and quite liked it, didn't knew we could play on the same team, its pretty good.

I'd like to try it, only done 1vs1 online, and only a cuple of matches. I don't know when I'm going to be available, but usually late at night, when my wife goes to bed. Let's see if we can meet and try some teamplay. I'm curious to see how it works or if the game gets unbalanced.

This game needs no big editing community or LOD because it is already stunning :D

it needs good roster editors...

but no way you didn't use any graphical enhancment on that pic? no way james jones look that sharp and crips on my pc, although i use all highest settings.

it needs good roster editors...

but no way you didn't use any graphical enhancment on that pic? no way james jones look that sharp and crips on my pc, although i use all highest settings.
Good roster editors, for what? Live Squad is actually fantastic.
And no, I don't use any graphical enhancments, this is how the
game looks for me :CONFUSE:

i don't like live squads (it's called living roster to be correct) because they scratch players.

i like user made rosters when we have all players in lineups.

but the problem is only few people actually make it (crew from nba-live.com).

Have any of you guys ever deleted the player progression date file?

I sound like a broken record but my game is freezing again and the necessary files have already been deleted.

I've heard its the game update that should be deleted, then once you update again should be fine, but I don't really know as I haven't got any problems.

What? NY beating Boston! Is this a bug in the game? No patch for it yet? :COAT:

I reached the playoffs agian in my 3rd association mode, this time playing OKC. And it's brutal how the cpu AI gets tougher every round. I'm now against Portland and suddenly they seem invincible. One of the few aspects I don't like in the game. It feels too artificial. My players can't shoot from outside in the last 5 minutes (2/14 in last 5 minutes in my 2 last matches, open shots with Durant, Westbrook and Harden).

It was 89-87 on the final possession with near enough a full shot clock left in the 4th. I in-bounded the ball after a NY timeout and called a play for Melo to go for 3 & the win. Pierce chased Melo round both screens and was right in his face, forcing me to not shoot the 3. With a good 10 seconds left on the clock I swung it back to Billups, called a quick post-up for Melo and backed Pierce down to the right block. But Rondo came for the double-team early, leaving Billups wiiiiiiiiiide open from deep. Nailed the release & put the Knicks up by 1 with 0.9 seconds left in the game :D

Celtics try to inbound to Allen for the win but his shot clanks off the front iron & Knicks are 2-0 in the season :SMUG: (only just started as the Knicks).

This game rules with realistic sliders & updated coach-profiles/player tendencies!

When I play with the Suns I hate playing in Boston, if I don't start the game well they smother me.

Drekkard have you uploaded your sliders?

Back
Top Bottom