NBA 2K11 - G.O.A.T.

The billboard is the first official business between you and the Jordan brand after the initial letter.

I'm going to focus on Association again now, and continue My Player from time to time.

Uniform Code – The following uniforms have been unlocked, but you can enter this code if you do not get roster updates or have a franchise season already in progress.
Secondary Road – ronoilnm (Hornets / Magic / Timberwolves)
2011 All-Star uniforms – wydololoh

http://community.2ksports.com/community/2kinsider/

Last edited:
Nice one tobi, I have to admit I was a bit disappointed when I won the title in my player mode, there were no similar atmosphere like the association one, only special scene was the white house visit, there was no trophy and all that flashy stuff.
My team chemistry was at 0% the whole year, I thought with the ring it would fix the issue, but it didn't and most of our bench went out on free agents, Lamar Odom, for example, was a 68 thanks to the decrease in stats due to 0% team chemistry but then he signed the Heat :RANT: and went back to his normal with an actual bump, he is 80-something now.
Ridiculous bug, totally ruins the mode for me, once you get better your team get way worse I haven't tried it again after the two patches but to start all over again is just impossible.
Anyhow I'm beastin whenever I play that mode, but is boring to have to win by yourself everytime so I just play once in a while.

I also finished my Warriors association and started a Lakers one, just to see if the same that happens in my player would happen there, so I simmed the first season until the finals cause I wanted the ring, and kept most guys moral over 75 even won the end of season bonus for that, Shannon Brown still left us, even me working my arse off to keep him happy.
But I managed to get some trades, get an early pick on draft to get Brandon Knight now I'm actually playing my second season and its really really hard to keep everyone happy, but the important players are all with serious morale boost and nowhere near the mess its on my player, it has got to be a bug.

That poster was a kind of random thing at the end of the season or do you have any kind of control over that?

I haven't started a My player game yet. Usually I play Association to death the first months, now I'm with Jordan, and I'll play My Player in the summer, when the great titles are scarce and the sports titles itching starts again.

Try my class nba action roster if you get a chance. It`s something different. I uploaded it this week. Just search by my PS3 ID.

Sauce, my team chemistry was also 0%, its something that they haven't fixed from 2K10. My Player feels like a completely different game compared to Association, every aspect of the logic in MP is wrong and unrealistic.

I uploaded a new roster set today. Players in their prime V2. It contains new player ratings, rotations, minutes, shoes, tendencies, contracts, and obviously rosters. Check it out. Feedback is welcome.

Nice play man. I will be updating players in their prime V3 later this week. It will contain some new player ratings, contracts, and roster additions.

:LOL: I just wanted to prove los 3 amigos are more than capable to beat the team with the best record in the league.

I had to play a few games with the Heat and the Lakers to re-learn the basics. I've been away of this game for 2 or 3 months.

Regarding the Knicks, well, I've been struggling with them. Start a mock playoff campaign facing the Bulls in 1st round which ended in a 4-1 favoured to Chicago. I had to face 2 problems which are basically the problems Mike D'Antoni are facing right now: Defense and depth. You have an amazing starting 5 but when it comes to the bench, err... About defense, my team was constantly being f***** by Rose and Deng. Let's see if I can explain you the situation. Imagine Rose with the ball covered by Billups, then imagine Melo and Deng. When Deng executes the move to the open space, Noah blocks Melo giving plenty of time to Rose pass the ball into Deng who scores the 3pt shot. You probably didn't understand what I was talking either (:LOL: It's hard to talk technical bball).

Actually, I'm giving a shot at the Clippers. Trying to do some moves between Mo and Griffin. They have an interesting team with an young core.

Oh, yes, the Knicks DO have those problems, both in reality and the game. The play where Noah does a screen and Deng shoots is a basic one, and seems odd a real NBA team like the Knicks fall for it.... but they do night in night out!

If you want, you can try the Oklahoma or even the Memphis, both are good teams to play with and can be considered underdogs if that's what you're looking for. Playing with the Clippers may bring you some headache, there's nothing there out of some dunks...

Or, take the Suns and make Tobi a happy man, sign a great Center and make your bench play (Dudley, Hakim...). It's a great team to play frantic quick bball!

I was playing some playoffs with the Bulls the other day against the Knicks, its 2-1 for us so far. Great matches so far a lot of action in the clutch time, even managed to get a related trophy, oh and lots of CPU cheese too but thats the game sometimes, I'm cheesing them back with Rose and Deng!

But thats not really what I wanna talk about, the thing is that is so hard to adapt to new teams in this game, I can't do nothing with Boozer, I usually terrible with PFs and Cs but Boozer was probably my worst adaption. I guess thats the price I have to pay for hours of My Player since mine is on the Derrick Rose's model.

On my new association I'll need a team that has defensive Big Mans since I can't score with them or I'll need a lot of practice.

How do you guys score with big men? I can only do the pick and roll cheese that they go wide open to the rim.

With Boozer you will be particularly succesful to do plays in which he receives in the low or high post. Then try to get near the rim a little and play simple hooks or up and unders. He scores a lot of them easily. In my association he's doing an average of 16 points, while Noah, who is terrible at shooting, has only 8-10 points and all of them are after offensive rebounds and pick and rolls with Rose that let him dunk easy ones.

But if you watch a real lifer Bulls match, they do just that.

PS: Boozer is so good doing hooks and post moves near the rim that a lot of times the opponent will try to double team him. Then it's time to do an inside-outside pass and rain those 3 pointers with Rose, Bogans and Deng.

Thanks for the tips man, here goes a quick feedback

PS: Boozer is so good doing hooks and post moves near the rim that a lot of times the opponent will try to double team him. Then it's time to do an inside-outside pass and rain those 3 pointers with Rose, Bogans and Deng.

Thats my main problem, I had played with Lakers and Warriors a lot, they have great PFs but never had seen so many double teams like I'm seeing with Boozer, its insane, maybe its the playoff clutch factor I don't really know.
But the double teams are so quick and so intense I can never pass clear out of it, the bumps and contesting inside the paint are too much for me to handle,
even though I know its like that in real life the game piss me off in this particular aspect cause you will always face it but you will almost never do it, how many times have got the 'Allowed inside pass' thing.
I mean the intense D button could do that action for you but it doesn't, only way to bump them in there is to go against the opponent direction but thats very very tough to do, could be a little more natural like it is for the AI.

I know I need to work on my inside game more, cause I don't even know how to do the move/shot you want there, seems like I always pick something that can be blocked or contested, is there a way for me to do a forced hook for example no matter how the defender is positioning against me? Actions in there seem random if you don't use the shot stick, which I don't.

Anyhow I'm also having difficult to adapt to the Bulls playbook, it barely gets some isolated players.

I was playing some playoffs with the Bulls the other day against the Knicks, its 2-1 for us so far. Great matches so far a lot of action in the clutch time, even managed to get a related trophy, oh and lots of CPU cheese too but thats the game sometimes, I'm cheesing them back with Rose and Deng!

But thats not really what I wanna talk about, the thing is that is so hard to adapt to new teams in this game, I can't do nothing with Boozer, I usually terrible with PFs and Cs but Boozer was probably my worst adaption. I guess thats the price I have to pay for hours of My Player since mine is on the Derrick Rose's model.

On my new association I'll need a team that has defensive Big Mans since I can't score with them or I'll need a lot of practice.

How do you guys score with big men? I can only do the pick and roll cheese that they go wide open to the rim.

YouTube - NBA 2K10 Video: 2010 Czarisode 3 - NBA 2K10's New Post Game

Its 2K10 but a lot of the same principles apply to 2K11.

If you play with Memphis, Gasol and Z Bo are dominant in the post and under the rim, especially Z Bo.

It does depend on the PF/C, Amare in the post loves to face up to his man and use his quickness etc.

Practice makes perfect.

Thanks for the tips man, here goes a quick feedback

Thats my main problem, I had played with Lakers and Warriors a lot, they have great PFs but never had seen so many double teams like I'm seeing with Boozer, its insane, maybe its the playoff clutch factor I don't really know.
But the double teams are so quick and so intense I can never pass clear out of it, the bumps and contesting inside the paint are too much for me to handle,
even though I know its like that in real life the game piss me off in this particular aspect cause you will always face it but you will almost never do it, how many times have got the 'Allowed inside pass' thing.
I mean the intense D button could do that action for you but it doesn't, only way to bump them in there is to go against the opponent direction but thats very very tough to do, could be a little more natural like it is for the AI.

I know I need to work on my inside game more, cause I don't even know how to do the move/shot you want there, seems like I always pick something that can be blocked or contested, is there a way for me to do a forced hook for example no matter how the defender is positioning against me? Actions in there seem random if you don't use the shot stick, which I don't.

Anyhow I'm also having difficult to adapt to the Bulls playbook, it barely gets some isolated players.

I advise you to start using the right stick and go to practice and take Boozer, and learn your moves in practice mode (you can specifically train in post plays deffense/offense.

You have to consider also who is defending you. If you're against Shaquille or Ilgauskas, you won't try to outmuscle them, you won't. Instead try skilled moves. But if you have a smaller defender or a bad defender (knowing players help a lot) then you can also force your way to the rim for the "and one" or a foul. It's quite easy in fact.

I think "da czar" posted long videos about all you can do in the post for 2k11 in Operation Sports website. And there are a big ammount of things you can do there. Mastering this moves will open your game a lot.

About the double teams, a good way is to take Rose, or Deng, for example, and get near Boozer, but on the 3 points line. Then you pass to him. Most of the times, the double team will let open your man in the 3p line, so you pass back and shoot. I use it a lot with the bulls when they doulbe team.

Oh, and you can go to options, sliders, and lower the double team slider for the CPU! This game lets you modify everything!

Players in their Prime V3 has been uploaded. Fixed more contracts and tendencies for star players when they were in their prime.

I'm getting an error message Review, it says it can't be downloaded right now, try again later.

I've started another new Association this time with NY Knicks and immediately gave up two scrubs for Luc Richard Mbah a Moute. I'm going to bounce back and forth with this and Memphis.

Once again guys thanks for the messages, tried a few moves on that video last nite and it worked. After practicing the post moves we totally crushed Knicks in the 4th game Boozer had troubles with fouls so no a lot of points for him but I did some with Gibson and Noah.

Moments like these that you realize how great the game is, when I was trying same plays over and over the AI was totally nulling me, once you get used to the playbooks and change between inside outside game you can have serious fun.

Review I'll try your Roster later today, maybe start an Association with fantasy draft, should be a blast.

EDIT: Oh Review I got same message as Tobi

Last edited:
I've been playing on Hall of fame 12 minutes simulation.

Getting blown out. I've been using Portland. I barely get to 80, and they constantly get 110. -_-

Its my defense that really sucks. Any tips?

Wierd. I`ll post a hotfile link in this thread and you can download it from there.

I agree with, lower it to All Star.

Portland's defence is one of the best in the league and the game does a good job of representing that.

Wierd. I`ll post a hotfile link in this thread and you can download it from there.

I got it now mate, it was probably a 2K server problem cause I could not download any file at all.

I didn't had time to test it properly, cause I tried to start a fantasy association with it, but the salary CAP is waaay over so trades will not happen. I guess I have to play another mode cause in the end of the season will be impossible to re-sign players too.

But just looking at the rosters they drafted is just crazy :D almost everyone is above 90 overrall.

I've been playing on Hall of fame 12 minutes simulation.

Getting blown out. I've been using Portland. I barely get to 80, and they constantly get 110. -_-

Its my defense that really sucks. Any tips?

I wouldn't worry too much, the CPU is designed to cheese on Hall of Fame. I mean if Shaq can nail 12 footers you know you're in for a tough ride. I was VERY frustrated playing through My Player mode on Hall of Fame. Now I've switched it to All Star, there isn't that much difference, just the CPU tones down it's cheesing and it's a lot more enjoyable.

As tobi says, stick it on All Star and tweak the settings.

Any of you guys still active on the PS3? I was thinking about picking this up on the PS3 aswell as the 360 as I've seen it going quite cheap 2nd hand.

In fact, I finally have started playing in PRO difficulty, and by adjusting sliders I've come to make it tough but rewarding.

In my oppinion, the kind of things that the CPU start to do above professional are just unfair and too cheesy, and I don't like being irritated by a game. The same happens in football games, but at least here I can play in Pro using JD sliders and have a challenging and rewarding experience. I absolutely recommend it, as it allows me to play "creatively" and do complex and intrincate plays.

I got it now mate, it was probably a 2K server problem cause I could not download any file at all.

I didn't had time to test it properly, cause I tried to start a fantasy association with it, but the salary CAP is waaay over so trades will not happen. I guess I have to play another mode cause in the end of the season will be impossible to re-sign players too.

But just looking at the rosters they drafted is just crazy :D almost everyone is above 90 overrall.

Still ironing out the contracts. Version 4 will be the final complete version with everybody under the cap. Just use it for exhibition until version 4 is out later this week.

Everybody is under the cap now. Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman had to go to make it work. As did Glen Rice and Penny. I'll put it up tonight or tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom