My son's first competitive match

20090329_17.jpg

20090329_191.jpg

The team in green and white were Racing Mechelen (a third division club).
That was the most thrilling match. At half time they were led by 0-3.
But they played a massive second half: they won 6-3.
What made it all the more sweeter was the fact that Thomas gave a beautifull assist to make it 1-3 and that that was one of the four matches i coached the team (i'm assistent-coach, if their regular coach which is also their trainer, can't comen i take over...and i really enjoy it). The older man with the beard is their trainer...my wife and i are also somewhere on the pictures, but it's not about us...

I am really flattered by the fact that there are quite a few people who were interested in this thread. Thank you very much...i guess i'm a litle bit too proud to be good, also thanks for overseeing this gracious...i'm well aware that there are people who will not like this thread (and maybe they have a point, i've hisitated before beginning this thread)...whoever they are, thanks for keeping quiet about it.

My 8 year old son played his first league game for Glenvale FC in Scotland on Saturday. He is on the fringes of the 1st team as he only joined them a few months ago. He has played in a couple of friendlies before, but Saturday was the big day.

He scored on his debut! I was so proud of him and was really glad to be there to see him. (my game was cancelled due to our lovely scottish may weather).

So I can relate to this thread big time, even more now. So keep it coming.

I am really flattered by the fact that there are quite a few people who were interested in this thread.

there's nothing to be suriprised about Gerd. this was one of the best threads of the whole forum.
it was an amazing and involving read... and those pics made me wanna have a son!
(but luckily my missus won't ever read this post :P )

Back
Top Bottom