My PES4 PS2 disc will not load any more

rocco79

Non-League
31 July 2005
I have a very annoying problem. My disc of PES4 will not load on my PS2 console. Nothing happens when the disc is inserted and when checking the browser it just says "disc read error". Tried another original PES4 disc today, and that won't load either. Strangely enough, all my other games load without any problems.

I've been playing the game on a frequent basis and the loading has gradually gotten worse. At first I just reset the console and eventually the game would load, but now nothing happens.

I have a pretty old version of the PS2, got it 2001.

Maybe it's the laser, and I just have to get a lens cleaner but it seems strange that just this disc is messing with me.

Any suggestions???

Last edited:
dont worry bud, it prob is ya ps2 as it is really old, take it in to ya local games shop and tell them see wat they say and go from there, if u need to buy a new ps2 they dont cost to much now, i would of said it was the laser, hope it helps

my playstation is very old too. probs from around the same year. on few occassions over the years mines has stopped reading disks too. i just open'd the console up and softly wiped over the laser with a sock then it works perfect.

gorillaunit said:
my playstation is very old too. probs from around the same year. on few occassions over the years mines has stopped reading disks too. i just open'd the console up and softly wiped over the laser with a sock then it works perfect.

OK, thanks I'll give it a try. Since it's that old too I would not be surprised if some dust has found its way in.

Went downtown and got a lens cleaner disc and ran it 2-3 times in the console, but no change. The damn PES4 disc will still not load! So now I'm opting for the 2nd alternative, opening the bloody console. But before I rush anything, what's the proper procedure? Thanks

i also hav this problem with my pes4 disc,turning my ps2 on its side worked for a few days and then it started to not load again,my bro has a new silver ps2 about 6months old and it works perfect on his,i cnt see any major scratches on my disc so i think it mite be wen u hav a older ps2 version and play pro evo alot it kinda buggers up m8,ahwell got pes5 2 look 4ward to,not long now :D

OK, problem solved. I tried standing the console on the side, but that didn't help either. I didn't feel like opening the thing after all, I'd just make a mess of it all.

Finally I just got tired of the thing and got a new one. Looked for used Playstations on the net and found a brand new "slimmed" PS2 for about 75 quid. A couple of hours later I am now a satisfied PES4 junkie. Togheter with my new 28" TV I am enjoying the game again!

if u were willing to buy a new ps2 then u should've just tried what i said
its very easy and promise u it worked for me. if u did mess it up u could have bought a new one then (u would've probs saved 75 pound.
anyway at least u can enjoy pro again :)

Back
Top Bottom