1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Muting ball sounds?

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer - PC' started by Matt10, 11 June 2007.

1. Matt10

Matt10 Champions League

5 February 2004
    Is it possible? Meaning you know when you pass or shoot - you hear the 'thud' of the ball very clearly - in most real life matches you can barely here this 'thud' due to the crowd noise, setting up a brilliant atmosphere.

I was wondering if anyone knew what files I would need to edit in order to 'mute' the ball 'thud' sound. I think this would be a great thing, small, but great.

Thanks!

2. Trance_Allstar

Trance_Allstar I love lamp

18 March 2006
    Sweden
    I agree, I've thought about this alot of times. Not sure what files contain the ball strike sounds though. Ask in the editing forums and they might know. :)

3. Matt10

Matt10 Champions League

5 February 2004
    Thx - admin could you please move this question to the editing forum for me, so that I don't clog up the forum with a new thread of the same nature.

Thanks!

4. Houldey

Houldey League 1

11 July 2006
    You could just go through the sound files using DKZ Studio, until you hear the ball sound (there might me multiple files), then you can just extract those files, lower their volume (using a compatible editor) and insert them over the originals. Bingo. I agree that the ball sound seems too loud. Cba to change it though :)

5. Matt10

Matt10 Champions League

5 February 2004
    I'll try that Houldey -thanks. What compatible editors would be...well compatible?

6. Matt10

Matt10 Champions League

5 February 2004
    K tried playing all sound files (esound and osound) yesterday in DKZ with no hint of a ball sound or refree whistle; it's possible it's hardcoded into the game.

If anyone knows where its located, or what specifics to look for - plz let me know thx.

7. Houldey

Houldey League 1

11 July 2006
    Oh yea, maybe it is in the EXE file? If so then you're pretty much screwed. Weird why they would do that though :S I might have a look once I re-install DKZ.

8. total

total International

10 December 2005
    Slovenia
    Arsenal/OGC Nice
  9. Rob92

Rob92 Guest

10. total

total International

10 December 2005
    Slovenia
    Arsenal/OGC Nice
    I don't have PES5 any more so I can't test it. Is there any .unk file in 0_text?