Movie Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you liked Battle Royale, check out Ichi The Killer. Great stuff there. :D

A great comedy that I just ran across is "Safe Men"... absolutely hilarious portrayal of the Jewish Mafia. Has a lot of funny yiddish humor.

The flick is worth watching for quotes from the character Porkchop alone.

"I hear that, Old School"

Dazza. said:
MrCoopz said:
I watched Phone Booth last night

**** excellent film, especially the ending ;)

Hhhmm I may watch that tonight. but I have a choice of Four along with 'City of God', 'Dream Catcher', 'Van Wilder' & 'Phone Booth'

which one chould I watch???

I think 'City of God' is a no! no! as I'll be watching it with the bird & I don't think see will like that sort of film with sub-Titles.

Before you watch any of them, please burn Van Wilder, don't put yourself through it mate. You don't need any more pain in your life. It's tripe.

gunnerglory said:
Dazza. said:
MrCoopz said:
I watched Phone Booth last night

**** excellent film, especially the ending ;)

Hhhmm I may watch that tonight. but I have a choice of Four along with 'City of God', 'Dream Catcher', 'Van Wilder' & 'Phone Booth'

which one chould I watch???

I think 'City of God' is a no! no! as I'll be watching it with the bird & I don't think see will like that sort of film with sub-Titles.

Before you watch any of them, please burn Van Wilder, don't put yourself through it mate. You don't need any more pain in your life. It's tripe.

Cheers for the warning GG but too late I gave the misses the choice of 'Phone Booth' or 'Van Wilder'. She picked 'Van Wilder' :( your right it's Tripe. People avoid this film like Fat Chicks!!! someone told me it had the same hummor as American Pie Bollocks!!! Theres only two things in this film which made me take the slight of intrest, you see a few tits & it stars 'Tara Reid' AVOID!!! AVOID!!!! THIS FILM!!!!

MaX_NormaL said:
If you liked Battle Royale, check out Ichi The Killer. Great stuff there. :D

Ichi the Killer (Or 'Koryashi Ichi' as it's called in the native tongue) is great indeed, though I only have the cencored version. Does anyone know where I can buy the uncut one?

I like anything with Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt. I dont care what the movie is like I could just watch them all day! :oops:

Jesus it's Watty, my god the time you come back to check for a response it'll be out in video by then.

Still not answered my question in the footy discussion boyo too (re:mr Hartson). :roll:

FD

I recently watched Mike Bassett: England Manager and it was funny in little patches but rather poor all-round. Also watched a couple of class films from a while back, Pulp Fiction I caught the end but just left it on and re-tracked my memory on this great film. Straight after I switched over and Snatch was on. This is one excellent film and is excellent the way the film pans out.

FD

I saw Withnail And I the other day. Heh, bloody brilliant it was. Very funny - Richard E.Grant must be one of the most underrated actors of our time. He was awsome in it.

Withnail's a Class A film, I love the chicken in the oven..... :mrgreen:

I watched The Wachowski Brothers first flick last night, Bound, anyone else seen it?!?!

Joe Pantoliano, Jennifer Tilly and Gina Gershon all star in this story of a couple of lesbian's (I bet I've got everyones attention now!!!) who plan to steal a load of money of a man of tha Mafia!!!

Supposedly The Wachowski's had to make this to show they had the know how to make the Matrix...........I think it worked!!!

Anyway, it was a great little story, and if ya like a bit of girl-on-girl, it's worth a viewing!!!!!! ;)

Withnail is on my top 5 list also. funniest film ever next to spinal tap.

"Here, Hare, Here"

ProEvo said:
Withnail's a Class A film, I love the chicken in the oven..... :mrgreen:

I watched The Wachowski Brothers first flick last night, Bound, anyone else seen it?!?!

Joe Pantoliano, Jennifer Tilly and Gina Gershon all star in this story of a couple of lesbian's (I bet I've got everyones attention now!!!) who plan to steal a load of money of a man of tha Mafia!!!

Supposedly The Wachowski's had to make this to show they had the know how to make the Matrix...........I think it worked!!!

Anyway, it was a great little story, and if ya like a bit of girl-on-girl, it's worth a viewing!!!!!! ;)

Yeah, Bound is a good film. Nice visuals in that one, too. :mrgreen:

Only saw Phone Booth today, good flick, kept me gripped all the way through. I'd give it an 8/10.

*Spoiler alert, don't read on from here if you ain't seen it!*

I knew it wasn't the Pizza guy, that was far too convenient an ending, and although at the start they made it look like it was him (as he walked away with that reaction and look), something didn't smell right. Also, why the f**k didn't he just scream at the cops that the killer was right there, he was concious and understood what he was saying so there ain't no real reason why he kept silent...

*Spoiler alert, don't read on from here if you ain't seen it!*

I was dissapointed cuz i thought it was the Pizza bloke :)

So the ending was fucking brilliant to me hehe

he didnt scream cuz he was drugged up, if u listen he tried to but he could only muster a murmor

Anyone here into Zombies films theres a few classics out there.

My favourite has to be 'DAWN OF THE DEAD' this film is some funny shit! :mrgreen: It's the one when there in the huge mall.

Also I love 'RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD 1 & 2 BRAINS!!!!!!

Dazza. said:

My favourite has to be 'DAWN OF THE DEAD' this film is some funny ****! :mrgreen: It's the one when there in the huge mall.

Yeah, on the subject if zombies in the the mall, i like the quote, "Why do they come here?" "It's what they know" lol anti-capitalism. ;)

Have you see Resident Evil? It's not bad. I like "guys (or in this case with a couple of girls) on a mission films" they're always entertaining. What about that Laser slicing thing :)

SHUT THA F*CK UP DONNY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I say I finally saw Lebowski today and laughed my ass off!!!!

Loved the bit with the Corvette......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cheers to some of the guys comments on here that made me buy it..... :D

Dazza. said:

My favourite has to be 'DAWN OF THE DEAD' this film is some funny ****! :mrgreen: It's the one when there in the huge mall.

Also I love 'RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD 1 & 2 BRAINS!!!!!!

Yeah, Dawn Of The Dead, Night Of The Living Dead and Day Of The Dead are really great zombie films. Dawn is my favourite as well.

I'm waiting for 28 Days Later, which should pop into my mailbox in about a week. I hear it's very good. Any of you seen it?

Yeah it's not too bad Zeb. I'm sure you'll like it, but I have to admit I preferred the Zombie flicks like have been mentioned.

Actually 28 days later isn't about Zombies, but you'll see that for yourself.

FD

Read a DVD review of 28 Days Later, sounded quite good, a bit like an old film called "The Omega Man", though it probably won't be anything like it.

Matrix Reloaded..... OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD DAMMM I thought the first one was ill but F*ck!!! The action scenes are f*ckin sick the only drawback is the dialouge its pretty intense and I doubt many will pick it up first time round, im still gonna see it at the flicks (s'pecially IMAX) cos the effects are breathtaking I didint know what was real (although I was flyin high 8) ) and what wasnt ..........

See this mofo a.s.a.p!!!!!

ClassicD said:
You watched it from a VCD or something?!!!

Ach you cannae do that with flicks like the Matrix!!! :x

You just watch me :).

Mate the way my sh*ts hooked up at home you may aswell be in a cinema (only you can get high aswell) the picture and sound are perfect its even got the Revoloutions trailer at the end (stay behind after the credits to watch it cos you'll be dissapointed at the end then you see this and get all hyped up again)

I'd recomend it cos when we go watch it next wednesday I'll be able to follow it alot better (I did with twin towers) I usually appreciate films more after a couple of watches and theres so much sh*t in this film, some of the longest action sequences ive ever seen and cos sooo much effort has gone into it i'll be checkin the other stuff out whilst everyone else is trying to keep up with film.

I watched it on my jones last nite cos I got home late and the missus was watchin the f*ckin soap awards, the lads are coming for a premier tonite so i'll be able to gauge what everyone else thinks of it.

Also like the way they've tied the game in with the film I thought the sh*t in the game was actually lifted from the film but its all extra stuff plus it references the game in the film, nice touch......

ClassicD said:
Read a DVD review of 28 Days Later, sounded quite good, a bit like an old film called "The Omega Man", though it probably won't be anything like it.

Now that you mention it, 'Omega Man' is out on dvd soon. It's a pretty cool film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom