MotorStorm Pacific Rift (PS3)

Had a go on it yesterday and I agree with pboreham, it's too similar to the first. The AI still seems to be set on godlike, and they're still set to attack you more than they will attack each other. Other than the new tracks I failed to see anything that's a big step up from the first game. It also didn't seem like a big step up in the graphics from the first - not that the first was bad but first gen launch titles usually get eclipsed when their sequels come out.

I think the visuals are a step up, the draw distance is huge! Its not much different though, I would only recommend this if you are a massive Motorstorm fan that has got bored with the tracks on the original.

I might buy it if it goes Platinum! ;)

This demo sucks. We got the one on the right, but the one on the left is available to magazines and the like...

newmotorstormcompare.jpg

...Are you being serious?!

The gameplay engine may be the same, God knows, but look at the graphics engine, the second-to-last screenshot comparison shows you the biggest difference. There's no trees in the older build for a start.

Dfferent settings, new vehicles maybe some road tracks, an evolution. :SS

Well its set on a tropical island so the setting is different to Monument Valley. They had virtually every type of vehicle in the first game so that would be difficult! Unless you want to race tractors and combine harvesters! :lol:

Well its set on a tropical island so the setting is different to Monument Valley. They had virtually every type of vehicle in the first game so that would be difficult! Unless you want to race tractors and combine harvesters! :lol:
I just don't like the idea of paying full whack for the same game with a few more trees, I get enough of that with PES and a few more animal heads...

Don't buy it then, its your choice. Personally I will wait for it go on the Platinum range or get it 2nd hand.

No fear of that, I liked the first one for an hour or so, I can't see anything in the new one to alter the longevity of it. The fact there is no split screen was a shame too, too many games are made for Internet play only... I used to love playing Toca and such on split screen with mates... :((

No fear of that, I liked the first one for an hour or so, I can't see anything in the new one to alter the longevity of it. The fact there is no split screen was a shame too, too many games are made for Internet play only... I used to love playing Toca and such on split screen with mates... :((

But Pacific Rift has up to 4 player split screen...

Lots of FREE DLC coming

Evolution Studios is planning to follow up the release of MotorStorm: Pacific Rift with a range of downloadable content, including "a lot" of free add-ons for the PS3-exclusive racer.

That's according to game director Nigel Kershaw, writing on the US PlayStation Blog, who said that once everyone's back from holiday "it's back to the development bunker to finish off the DLC".

"We've got a pile of stuff waiting in the wings," he wrote, "and, you'll be glad to know, a lot of it is free. We're going to try and give you something new to play with every week, and we've also got some major packs in development that should be on the store after Christmas."

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift is due out in the US today, and will be released in Europe on 7th November. We enjoyed pounding through it earlier this month, but ultimately it fell short of its predecessor. You can find out why in our MotorStorm: Pacific Rift review.
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=263279

Still, as you'll know if you enjoyed the first game, anyone who has their heart set on Pacific Rift should be well serviced by DLC, as Evolution was responsible for around a dozen infusions, as you can see in our History of MotorStorm feature from back in February.
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=92871

I was tempted to order this as it's 30 quid at Gameplay I think, but after playing the demo, I just thought it played too much like the first and was basically reskinned, the whole AI annoys me too much for me to play this anymore than the first. Great to see someone following Criterion's lead and offering the public free game add-ons.

Anyone still have/played this, Is there a split screen is it any fun...?

The 2-way split screen is a riot! You can have it vertically split or horizontally split. The game still flies along at a fair old rate which is comparable to the single player mode. It can also do 4 player split screen but I can't do this as I don't have 3 friends...;)

The game is great fun and you can't go wrong for £19.99. Definitely recommend it.

http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page...O03&n=MotorStorm 2: Pacific Rift&platform=PS3

The 2-way split screen is a riot! You can have it vertically split or horizontally split. The game still flies along at a fair old rate which is comparable to the single player mode. It can also do 4 player split screen but I can't do this as I don't have 3 friends...;)

The game is great fun and you can't go wrong for £19.99. Definitely recommend it.

http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page...O03&n=MotorStorm 2: Pacific Rift&platform=PS3
:SAL: I'll pick it up just for the split screen, cheers for that...

Back
Top Bottom