Most Popular TV shows in your country?

Right now the most popular show in the USA is "America's Got Talent", which is simply a gigantic talent show featuring many terrible, terrible acts.

Although there are some worthy acts, for the most part the show is crap. Apparently, we'll watch anything during the summer.

Eaton, you do realise we've had Britain's Got Talent for the last three months or so? It's been rebranded for you guys because it was so popular over here. Yep, that's right, popular. It must be a girl thing - the girlfriend, all her friends and their friends talk about it 24/7 when it's on.

It finished a few weeks ago, but (oh Christ) it hasn't actually finished as such. Why? Because...

They air America's Got Talent in its place.

Hurray!!!!!!

Eaton, you do realise we've had Britain's Got Talent for the last three months or so? It's been rebranded for you guys because it was so popular over here. Yep, that's right, popular. It must be a girl thing - the girlfriend, all her friends and their friends talk about it 24/7 when it's on.

It finished a few weeks ago, but (oh Christ) it hasn't actually finished as such. Why? Because...

They air America's Got Talent in its place.

Hurray!!!!!!

Well sir, we had "America's Got Talent" last summer as well. If there is one thing I will not stand for it is you damn Brits thinking that you invented this "X got Talent" competition and we Yanks stole it from you.

I'll have you know that first, we stole Simon Cowell and his idea for the show. Then we made the show, and you stole it back. How dare you dishonor the USA with your lies.

Bastard.

That kind of talk could start a war. If Gordon Brown reads Evo-Web...

(But seriously, I had no idea. Still, that doesn't improve the fact that we have to watch America's Got Talent as well as America.)

That kind of talk could start a war. If Gordon Brown reads Evo-Web...

(But seriously, I had no idea. Still, that doesn't improve the fact that we have to watch America's Got Talent as well as America.)

True, if we were also being forced to watch "Country X's Got Talent" I'd probably start strangling people.

I'm mean, c'mon.

I know, next week it's "Lithuania's Got Talent", featuring a juggler, an invisible dog and a man who can drink twenty pints of Skivenbrocker without puking.

Believe it or not, I've only just started watching CSI. Usually with that kind of stuff I go "ERGH, BLOOD, NEXT", but the girlfriend pinned me down and forced me to watch it. Absolutely brilliant, I'm completely addicted to it now. Drama and an education at the same time. It makes me want to read/watch how real-life crimes were solved.

So much so that every time I see a BBC News headline, like today's for example (Woman's burnt body found in field), I want to go out there and say "tell me everything you're doing". And call everybody Grisham. "Grisham, Grisham's got the DNA profile you were looking for, and Grisham is doing the background check on that witness".

EDIT: I've been watching the old Whose Line Is It Anyways as well, the UK ones from the 90s. Absolutely brilliant, probably my favourite TV program of all-time.

wliia3.jpg

It's so funny when they corpse. I just watched Ryan Stiles doing a "grandma" ho-down, "I love my grandmother and when the day ends, I discover that we are a bit more than friends," *can't stop laughing for five seconds* "...the teeth right off her gums". :lol:

The best has to be Colin though, he just cannot do the ho-down. :D His grandma ho-down was:

"I have a mobile phone, it is really neat,
It dials, and calls, and washes my feet,
It expands and grows, and turns into a plane,
It really is... Quite... Neat... I'M INSANE!"

:lmao:

Last edited:
Whose Line Is It Anyway? That brings back some memories. I remember watching with glee, all those years ago. It was one of my favourite shows at the time, especially the British version. Ryan Stiles, Colin Mochrie and Greg Proops standing out. Utterly hilarious.

I've managed to catch some repeats quite recently, and it was still as funny as ever. That type of comedy never gets stale.

Last edited:
Ah, the classic "Whose Line Is It Anyway" was a staple of my youth. back when we first got cable, "Comedy Central" was a station that played nothing but stand-up acts and "Whose Line Is It Anyway" all day. Now it has all sorts of programming and syndicated sitcoms... which while not terrible, just isn't as great as its origins.

The world really needs a 24-hour-a-day stand-up comedy station.

It was only when South Park came about that I found out about Comedy Central. As a kid, I was absolutely gutted, because we had no comedy-only channel over here. All I watched was comedy, literally (hated dramas, films, all I wanted to see was Whose Line Is It Anyway and Have I Got News For You). It bought you street-cred the next day if you could repeat word-for-word what had been said the previous night (although the really big thing when I was going to school was Reeves & Mortimer, everybody - including our dads, but excluding our mums - loved their stupid, random stuff).

A couple of years later "Paramount Comedy Channel" launched, and I would sit and watch it for hours. Whenever I was off school I would just sit and watch it until I was thrown out of bed. Most of it was repeats, but of stuff I was too young to have seen before; Cheers, Taxi, that kind of thing. Plus Caroline In The City (which I only watched for the legs on show) and Just Shoot Me (which I thought was really good, the guy who played the secretary - and later did the voice of the llama in "The Emporer's New Groove", now starring in Eight Simple Rules which we get on abc1 - is brilliant).

Ah the memories.

The only comedy channel we get now (for free at least) is abc1, which is... Not that great. Eight Simple Rules (poo apart from the guy mentioned above), Less Than Perfect (it's alright, worth putting on for a look at lovely Sara Rue before she decided to go anorexic and look like everybody else), Scrubs (love it but seen them all), Hope and Faith (poo), Rodney (poo), Home Improvement (was funny when I was 10)...

I'd love a channel to show Everybody Loves Raymond. They used to show it early in the morning on one of the normal channels (I'm talking five years ago or something), it was great. But they won't give it a normal time-slot so obviously they don't think much of it.

Last edited:
I know it's sad to quote stuff when if you haven't seen the clip it will have no meaning. But I don't care. So. "What is that giant tit you're leaning on?" :D

I know it's sad to quote stuff when if you haven't seen the clip it will have no meaning. But I don't care. So. "What is that giant tit you're leaning on?" :D

I just want to know what the hell movie footage that was. That scene took a complete turn for the ridiculous when the giant tit container was opened revealing 100s of rodents. Completely odd.

I must know what the hell that scene was actually about.

I know, they're all like that though. There's one from the UK's season eight where (this is black and white movie footage from years and years ago, bear in mind) there is a drunk man flailing about in his apartment building, slapping people, spitting at people, and then he falls out of a window.

There's no camera "following" him down while he goes "aaarrrggghhh", he just goes to punch someone, stumbles and drops out the window. Then the camera turns to this guy and he just looks ever so slightly surprised, saying "he fell out the window", as if someone had let out a tiny fart. "I say!"

EDIT: Sorry, one more.

How brilliant is THIS CLIP?!

"It all started with a badly-timed bald joke", absolutely brilliant.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom