Mortal Kombat 9 - 2011

Played the demo for around half an hour before I had to nip out. Plays great, I instantly like it more than I did the latest Tekken in terms of fighting one-on-one. The graphics are nice, atmosphere well implemented throughout and there's some genuinely funny moments on the back of certain gory moves and scenarios.

Think I'll definitely pick it up once the price drops after release.

MORTAL KOMBAT! DUH DUH DUH DUH DEH DEH

Loving this atm. Just played story mode and Konquest Tower or wtf it's called so far and they are great. Story mode picks the fighter for you like MK vs. DC did but I was never into that game and the story in this one is much better, "reset" with a twist. Story mode has featured Cage, Sonya, Scorpion, Cyrax, Liu Kang and Cyrax so far (might be forgetting someone) and right now I am most impressed with Sonya. She is seriously fast with nifty special moves. Liu Kang was a 'mare at first but I got used to his special kicks and then he was not so bad. His ability to kick across the screen was useful in an endurance match where the opponents kept teleporting in to various places, the flying/bycicle kicks were no less useful for getting out of their way!

personally I'm not fond of the Krypt, I would much rather unlock things in sequence, I'm going to consult a guide for the rest of the game, had one go at unlocking something at random and it got me - Tah dah... Concept art. Blergh.

Last edited:
Yeah i wouldn't buy it for £40 but i saw it for £30 on Shopto and decided to get it, Game Informer and 1up praised it a lot. The problem though was that they sent it to my Billing Address rather than my delivery address and i'm not there currently so i have to wait for the post to resume next week to be able to get it :(.

Brilliant game maybe the best fighting game i have played

If you liked MK back in the day you will love this

Back
Top Bottom