Moggi tapes - Italian Football Scandal

The prosecutor(probably an Interista) has suggested Juve go down to Serie C and the rest go down to B with point deductions.

Don Domenico said:
I'm stunned by your bad English, for someone from the UK.

Is that your best come-back Don?

I will be :lmao:all around the place if Juve are relegated to Serie C! The cheating swines!

If Juve, Milan, Fiorentina and Lazio do get relegated to the lower leagues, then who'll come up to Serie A?

Sorry to say this, but i think it'll be quite fun if they all get relegated! It'll be interesting for Serie A, because they be whole new teams dominating the league...could you imagine Livorno winning the Serie A title next season lol!

Anything could be possible!!

Stringer Bell said:
If Juve, Milan, Fiorentina and Lazio do get relegated to the lower leagues, then who'll come up to Serie A?

Sorry to say this, but i think it'll be quite fun if they all get relegated! It'll be interesting for Serie A, because they be whole new teams dominating the league...could you imagine Livorno winning the Serie A title next season lol!

Anything could be possible!!

I would find it very interesting to see in some respects but as a fan of Seria A it would be very disappointing. I think if it did happen Inter and Roma would be the clear favourite to take the title. Most properly Roma as no matter how much goes in Inter's favour something will take it away again. ;)

Yeah lol, even Udinese or Palermo could have a shout of the title!

But it would be very interesting how Seria A would shape up IF Juve, Milan, Fiorentina and Lazio do get relegated.

I've got to agree with SB, from an outsider's perspective looking in, it could make the league fantastic viewing for many years to come - (imagine Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U & Newcastle suffering a similar fate)

Further to this - do you think many of those 4 teams stars would stay in Italy ?

I know there is obviously the issue of wages, but i'd be nice to see some real big names at teams like Sampdoria etc....

db

Serie A has been in decline for YEARS. I created a thread about it and I was battered for saying so. But I am right - there was a fantastic report about Serie A in Four Four Two a few months ago which was spot-on.

The cheating and scandal HAS to be punished.

denirobob said:
I know there is obviously the issue of wages, but i'd be nice to see some real big names at teams like Sampdoria etc....

db
Yep really would be nice to see that to!

I think if the players don't stay at their clubs (if the 4 clubs do get relegated) and decide to play for a smaller teams, they can't really be asking for bigger wages...i think they have to humble themselves, since i'm sure playing in Serie B/C isn't going to be a good development to their careers. :)

So what could be possible then...Del Piero at Ascoli!!??

ninjabreakz said:
Serie A has been in decline for YEARS. I created a thread about it and I was battered for saying so. But I am right - there was a fantastic report about Serie A in Four Four Two a few months ago which was spot-on.
Serie A is a good league to watch IMO. I enjoy it very much.

Well maybe i can say that since i wasn't watching around 80's and 90's!

Last edited:
Del Piero is the only one that WILL stay at Juventus. Most players will leave though, probably to Madrid, Chelsea, Milan(if Milan do stay in A that is) etc. A few more players might stay(though still unlikely) at Juventus or at least be loaned out for a season, if Juventus only go to B.

Sorry Juve fans, but this picture is classic:

juve_ctt2.jpg

:lol:

I've been reading about the possibility of a full pardon for Juve and the rest of the teams if Italy wins the WC.

I don't think that'd be fair, Gattuso himself has stated his rejection of that idea. If they're proven to have cheated, they should get the fair penalty they deserve.

that really would cement the 'corrupt' nature of Italy if that happened!

You can't simply let them off for that. Yes the Italian players are immensley talented, we know that.

lol if that's true Ged, that's the stupidest thing I've heard all week! :lol:

Makes no freaking sense!! haha.

If they're guilty which at this stage looks like they are, then they should face the consequences no matter what!

I know where this rumour is coming from. Buffon is supposed to have suggested that: amnesty if Italy wins the World Cup.
Good goal keeper but not the brigthest kid in town.

Serie A is still fun to watch. Don't let yourselves make nervous by the Ninja guy, like always he hasn't got a clue...he's just plain dumb and likes to show it off for some mysterious reason.

On topic: to me Seria A would be immensely intresting without these big clubs...if they have done illegal things they should be punished severely...shame for the fans but it has to be like that...otherwise Calcio would loose his credibility.

I think Serie A could be more interesting Gerd without Juve and perhaps AC Milan IF their players would get divided to clubs like Palermo, Samp, Roma, Lazio, Udinese etc. (By divided I mean join)

But sadly if they do go down, I see the majority and their best players naturally go to other big clubs in other leagues! :| (Which then would take a lot of good players out of Italy and onto other leagues hence making the league duller and other big European teams even stronger and hence their championships duller!!)

Ex) Lyon getting even stronger thanks to some more stars from Serie A coming their way hence making them even stronger than other French teams. That's the sorta thing I mean.

So in my opinion them going down has its good and bad but it could possibly make the league more interesting or worst! (Both options possible)

Nonetheless I fully stand by the idea that whoever is guilty (Whatever player or team or etc.) needs to face the consequences!!

Last edited:
Realistically the players at the clubs haven't done anything wrong. Its the managment, chairman etc etc.

But winning the WC should not pardon the top dogs at the club. Besides these teams are full of foreign talent and are not all Italian.

Seria A will still be a fantastic league to watch, and the title race will certainly be more interesting.

Italian clubs let off the hook

Tomorrow in italy i am sure Juventus, Milan ,Fiorentina and Lazio will all escape punishment now they are heros and stay in Seria A

Yes or No?

Re: Italian clubs let off the hook

If they do, then UEFA should ban Italian teams from all competitions.

that is what was said by the sports minister, but the likelyhood of it happening is not high

If that happens it's a predictable yet scandalous event.
I hope Italy doesn't turn into a Portugal. We had a similar case recently, but since it envolved FC Porto's president all was hushed.

they should not get of with it just because they won the world cup what they done is wrong and they should be punished for it

they wont get away with it. I hope for good news regarding AC Milan, I think Juventus's fate is inevatable.

It would seriously dampen the world cup win for me if Milan go down :(

Surely it is a kind of bribery in itself to say that to win the World cup the clubs are let off and makes the Italian game further corrupt?

I think Juve will be the only team relegated, and only to Serie B, not C. I'm guessing the other clubs will just get small point deductions.

Back
Top Bottom