Modern Warfare 2

fifa must be worth more then that seeing as the majority of us play that game more then most other games

Just another reason to pick up MAG over MW2 for PS3 owners. And I'm sure there will be a ton of other big games out around that time as well.

And for those who love COD online. Well the Single Player campaign isn't going anywhere and the online community will always be huge so you can pick it up a few months after release for cheaper and still have as much fun with it.

I hope to be way too involved in the footy games to even be bothered by this. I'll pick it up when it's cheap.

I think he means Q4, October/November onwards.

I think he means Q4, October/November onwards.

Winter then.

He's multicultural our Flawless. :SMUG:

People who call Christmas "holiday season" need to die a slow, painful death (I vote for crucifixion). Do Muslims rename Ramadan for us sensitive non-Muslims? No. Do the Jewish rename Hanukkah for us sensitive non-Jewish? No. Do Hindus rename Diwali for us sensitive non-Hindu? No. It's time we of no particularly religion reclaimed our right to Christmas!

It's time we of no particularly religion reclaimed our right to Christmas!

Surely you, of no particular religion, would be the one wanting it called "Holiday season" rather than a Christian celebration?

Those of no particular religion have no rights to Christmas. :FAIL:

Teh Double Bluffage

Last edited:
Do Muslims rename Ramadan for us sensitive non-Muslims? No.

My non-Muslim friends call the month of Ramadan by the following names:

'Ramadamadingdong'
'The crazy fasting month'
'The crazy Muslim fasting month - not to be confused with the crazy Christian fasting month otherwise known as Lent. (I realise Lent is no longer a fasting period but rather a time when one gives up a specific treat/pleasure.)

Feel free to use any of them. ;)

Isn't the RRP of console games £49.99 at the moment anyway? So it's an extra fiver on a price that most retailers ignore in the first place. I'm sure the discounts will come as usual.

That said, their timing is off. Putting the price up during a recession isn't exactly going to generate good PR.

Modern Warfare 2 Prestige to cost £119.99 - HMV exclusive

Link

I'll wait for the price drop in January to get the NVG. The only special edition I'm paying for this year (if I can get my hands on it) is NBA 2K10.

Activision has confirmed that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will arrive this autumn with a suggested retail price of GBP 54.99, as a weak pound and record development costs take their toll. Their toll of GBP 54.99, to be specific.

Other publishers are expected to follow suit, claims MCV.

"You can't continue to trade as normal when the biggest territory in Europe has seen cost of goods increase by 30 per cent due to the strengthening of the Euro. Publishers somehow need to offset this drastic increase in costs," commented THQ's publishing boss Ian Curran.

Nintendo addressed the issue in March by pushing the price of the Wii to 199.99 - a price hike of around 20 quid.

The problem comes, however, if and when the pound returns to strength. Do those already established trade prices then drop?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/weak-pound-forcing-game-prices-up

Probably but we can also expect the big supermarket chains and online retailers to knock the price down to encourage us to buy it from them as usual.

If you pre order fifa at a set price now does it stay that price or can they bump it up and you pay the changed amount?

EA already said that they won't be upping the RRP of their games. First party games won't go up either, that leaves Ubi and ....

Back
Top Bottom