MMA thread

Micheal Page was on last night at Bellator 128, not watched it yet but he's worth a watch any day of the week win, lose or draw :)

Finally got around to watching UFC 179. Skip all the fights before the main event. They are snoozers. The main event Aldo vs Mendes 2 is an awesome fight and instant classic. Fight of the year candidate.

Just got fight pass. Looking forward to seeing all of the content that is on it, mainly early pride fights that I haven't seen. I'll give a review:) after the Bisping fight this week if anyone is on the fence about getting it.

Ufc fight night 55 Bisping vs Rockhold: good show 8/10.
Ufc fight night 56 Shogun vs Preux: below average show 4.5. Skip everything and go straight to the main.
Ufc 180 Hunt vs Werdum: good show 8/10

UFC 181 should be a great show during the first week of December. Both the co. and main have the potential to be fight of the year.

CM Punk has signed a multi-fight deal with UFC.

This should entertaining if nothing else, he might get smashed in 1, he brings some 'star power' to UFC which they've been suffering from recently if anything.

Punk has no previous MMA experience and will get beaten in the UFC.

Anybody see 181?

What a shocking scorecard!! I was for sure Johnny would get the decision. I had him at least taking three rounds.

And how good is Anthony Pettis?!

Punk has no previous MMA experience and will get beaten in the UFC.

Anybody see 181?

What a shocking scorecard!! I was for sure Johnny would get the decision. I had him at least taking three rounds.

And how good is Anthony Pettis?!

I wonder who they will feed him. Will it be a fox sports card or ppv card? Prob ppv opener knowing Dana. I rather enjoyed 181. Even the prelims were pretty good.

I gave 1,4,5 to Lawler. Hendricks didn`t come to fight and I`m glad he wasn`t rewarded for his lack of killer instinct

UFC 181
the main event was super close IMO , Im not sure if Lawler did 'enough' to take it away from the champion. Hendricks played it 'safe' but so often champions get away with that so I was surprised he didn't get that beenfit. A rubber match is needed

In regards to Punk, it will be PPV no question, that show will do a great buyrate based on his debut alone, can see Rousey main eventing that show with Punk as the semi main.

UFC make no mistake are 'cashing in' when it comes to Punk, if thats only for 1 fight then there damn sure gonna get the most out of it.

From MMA news:

ESPN MMA analyst and former UFC middleweight Chael Sonnen spoke to MMAmania.com about CM Punk signing with UFC. He said it would "make no sense to give him a bottom-tier guy" as his first opponent and that he has a "pretty good idea" who it actually is.

Sonnen continued, “Well, he is not a bottom-tier guy, I can tell you that. You will know who he is and he will be a pretty-heavy favorite to win. Punk is not going to come in as the favorite.” "When James Toney came in, they gave him Randy Couture

My first pass trial is over. I recommend every MMA fan tries it for a month. Some throwback fights that I never got to see in HD

Ken Shamrock vs Cung Le 8/10

Scott Smtih vs Cung Le (first fight) 8.5/10

Antonio Silva vs Fedor 8/10

Nick Diaz vs Paul Daley 8.5/10

Can't believe Cruz has torn his ACL again this time the other knee.

Can't believe Rampage is back either :LOL:

Ya, Cruz has been really unlucky. Sucks because he`s top 5 pfp in the world when he`s healthy. UFC 182: Jones vs. Cormier is a solid fight card.

UFC-Event-Thumbnail-UFC-182-UFC-VIP-Experience.jpg

Light Heavyweight Jon Jones (c) vs. Daniel Cormier

Lightweight Donald Cerrone vs. Myles Jury

Middleweight Brad Tavares vs. Nate Marquardt

Flyweight Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Louis Gaudinot

Welterweight Hector Lombard vs. Josh Burkman

Preliminary card (Fox Sports 1)

Lightweight Danny Castillo vs. Paul Felder

Bantamweight Marcus Brimage vs. Cody Garbrandt

Heavyweight Shawn Jordan vs. Jared Cannonier

Lightweight Evan Dunham vs. Rodrigo Damm

Preliminary card (UFC Fight Pass)

Welterweight Omari Akhmedov vs. Mats Nilsson

Women's Bantamweight Alexis Dufresne vs. Marion Reneau

UFC 182 was an average show. A lot of guys didn't go for it. Which is bizarre because I'm pretty sure that this card is going to do 700k in terms of PPV buys. Check the prelims if you haven`t seen them. They were good. As for the main card. Jump right to the main.

Cerrone outclassed Jury. Just owned him. Jones dominated Cormier where most ppl thought he wouldn`t. Wrestling and the clinch. Its what won Jones the fight. Like Chael Sonnen said after his fight with Jones "When he gets a hold of you he`s like a bear"

Last edited:
DC and jones

to me it was obvious the height advantage and distance of Jones was a problem for DC. I thought he might have some joy muscling him up but Jones used his range well and wouldn't let DC settle into any close position.

anytime DC got hold of Jones it was to low and Jones had all his strength at the top of his legs with his under arm hooks adding to it this made it difficult for DC.

didn't want Jones to Win but he made DC look average

Conor McGregor will get a shot at Aldo if he beats Siver. Dana doesn`t want to match him up with Edgar for obvious reasons. Conor should beat Siver. Siver is about a 6/10 striker who likes to move forward and bang. He has a nasty spinning back kick.

The ones I've been too here went on sale 3-4 months before at least.

This ones in May at Croke Park apparently so I bet it will be late Feb.

Croke Park hold's 82000 so surely we can get a ticket :LOL:

Maybe, maybe not. Conor has a huge fan following and ppl will be buying tickets the second the fight is made. The fight will do a huge gate if it happens.

Surprised no one's mentioned about the Jones controversy - as much as i like him, doesn't set a good example that he's still champion after it all

I could care less. Why? Because I don't any of these guys personally even though I've met quite of few them in Vegas. I only care about how they fight in the cage. Same things goes for boxing.

Rousey is more of a cash cow to be honest, Jon Jones though with his age and likely not leaving like Rousey is just as important though.

also, who have you met?

Seen a lot but Cruz, Faber, Tito, guillard, dos anjos when he was a prelim guy, Forrest, Munoz and Condit are the only ones I have talked to and wished good luck in their fights. Off the top of my head I would also say that Rousey is UFCs top star. I could be wrong though. You have to look at the numbers (PPV buys) for fights and average them out. Keep in mind that no one draws alone. You need to have a good dance partner. No one would want to see me get my ass kicked by Chris Weidman. :P

Back
Top Bottom